Harvest & Curing First time grove bag

I've always presumed that having Grove bags in contact with each other defeats their purpose, does not allow sufficient or optimal diffusion water vapor in and out of each bag. There is much less surface area in contact with open air, with in the picture it looking like ~50% of the bags' surface area is restricted, not exposed to open air. Comparably, I presume sealing sealed bags in a container is also not good practice?

For the bags to to their job, bag surfaces should be in optimal contact with open air, with the bags relying on passive diffusion of water vapor. Am I wrong? Can Grove bags equilibrate their internal water vapor content when jammed together or tightly sealed in a container? I let my bags stand or lie free, not pressing against other bags (at least for ≥ a month after sealing the bags).
I don't think they need a lot of room to off-gass. I've noticed no negatives to packing them in together like that

But at least theoretically, placing bags in contact with each other will inhibit and slow down bag performance.

Reactions: JP1
But at least theoretically, placing bags in contact with each other will inhibit and slow down bag performance.
Yes, but there is still a lot more area where they aren't touching then where they are touching. I'm sure if I hung then individually there would be a negligible difference. This is also for storage/curing so they don't need anywhere near as much air exchange as if they were drying

So I cured for 5 weeks now and the buds have no smell at all. Kind of thinking my dry was compromised some how, but while trimming the buds they smelled really dank.. so I don’t know what’s going on. Any input?

So I cured for 5 weeks now and the buds have no smell at all. Kind of thinking my dry was compromised some how, but while trimming the buds they smelled really dank.. so I don’t know what’s going on. Any input?
Just out of curiosity, what RH were the buds when you put them into the GBs and how did you measure? The reason I ask is that my cures in GBs improved when I made sure the buds were at 66-67% (jar test with hygrometer). I also put in one Boost pack per bag to increase the moisture load a bit during cure. Seemed to help. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

Just out of curiosity, what RH were the buds when you put them into the GBs and how did you measure? The reason I ask is that my cures in GBs improved when I made sure the buds were at 66-67% (jar test with hygrometer). I also put in one Boost pack per bag to increase the moisture load a bit during cure. Seemed to help. IMHO, YMMV, etc.
62% moisture of the buds was 11%

Last edited:
Ok thanks. I haven't experienced your issue using grove bags. I generally put the buds in the bags at 66-67% RH (jar test) with a small Boost/Boveda pack and have not observed any drop off in quality of the cure. You might try slowing down the drying process and then into mason jars for the first 3-4 days of the cure period (w/ burping) and then into GBs for the remainder of the cure into storage - a hybrid method. HTH, IMHO, YMMV, etc

Hey everyone first time using a grove bag! Dried my buds for 15 days, trimmed them and smelled awesome! Grove bagged at 62% rh and have been in them for 15 days. How long did it take for you guys to get that hay/grassy smell away? I saw a video that said around 6 weeks the terps really show. What’s your input? I obviously smell the buds when I squeeze them. But just curious how long you guys cure in them
Ive always heard on here the longer the better but yes about 6-12 weeks.

Back