It would be nice to not have to spray during flower but I think you will be fine using the BT, autos are still going to flower 6 to 10 weeks (mine seem to usually go for 12 to 14 weeks from sprout to harvest) and photos can obviously go even longer. That is a lot of time for caterpillars to have their way with your flowers.

Feel safe using that once a week and you can do so through flower, even with food crops you can spray up until the day you harvest. It is best to use throughout your grow though as a preventative measure. Once the caterpillars get an inch or two in size it has less of an effect on them. Are you going to pop a couple more seeds before these finish? I would get a head start now.
Thanks for the insight Rogue. I think spraying once a week during flowering is what I'm going to do for my next grow.

I'm getting ready to chop these two girls any day now.

Yep I actually just popped and planted 2 seeds yesterday. One is Sweet Seeds Killer Kush grown in my own organic mix and the other was Fast Buds West Coast OG grown with biotabs. Will be starting journals for each once I have some time.

7/13/18, day 80 from plant. Probably a day or two until I selectively chop.

Gave each plant about 1.5 L pure tap water. Been hot and dry lately (In 90s with 10-20% RH).

Super on the left:

image.jpg

Last edited:
7/20/18, day 87 from plant. I’ve been checking the trichomes all week and they’re now about 10-20% amber so I’m going to chop off the top buds and leave some of the lower less developed ones to ripen up.

Going to wet trim Super to golf ball size buds then place in double bag of paper lunch bags and fold the top over. My drying is in an outdoor shed that is 85-90 degrees with 40-50% RH.

The caterpillars really did a number on Super but I also think another problem was the “supersoil” concentrate I bought on Amazon was supposed to be for 5 gal pots but the pots I ended up buying are much bigger than 5 gals. I bought 5 gal fabric pots for my next grow and they are dwarfed by the pots used for super and foxy. The biobizz fishmix and biobloom I supplemented with probably saved Super from even worse output.

7/21, day 88 from plant, repeated above process on Foxy except I used a paper grocery store bag instead of doubled up lunch bags.

The girls before selective harvest:
9F995382-6B75-4333-B5F4-6CDB59937F4A.jpeg

0C4B7E01-FB12-45DC-A0C3-D7C034F11732.jpeg

After:
FDD925F8-9E98-452D-9514-DBBC73810421.jpeg

End result after full wet trim of Foxy:
52F2700C-E01D-48D9-A198-B7FF55C58CE9.jpeg

Back