Frosty Budz

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Genetics: @mephisto Artisanal - Skywalker auto fem (I love me some indica!!)

Location - San Jose, CA (plants get about 8 hours of direct sun each day).
=================================
Hi eveyone. I’ve been lurking & learning for a few weeks and was inspired so I recently started my first grow ever!

Please feel free to chime in with comments, tips, etc. especially if anyone is familiar with growing autos outdoors in the bay area.

My game plan is to make this grow as simple as possible via not doing any transplanting and using organic fertilizers and the free power from the sun. After planting the seeds all I really plan on doing is making sure they get enough sun and water (summers here can be pretty dry).

Here is my setup and what I’ve done so far:

-4/22/18 I put 2 seeds in a cup of tap water to soak for 48 hrs (next time I’m going to try Mephisto’s recommended germination method using toilet paper and a DVD case)

-4/24/18 I planted each seed directly in their final 20” containers (regular plastic potting containers). Before planting the soaked seeds I prepared the soil in each container in the following way:

Container 1, poured in a 1 lb bag of super soil concentrate (from Amazon) then added organic Jobe’s potting soil to about 1/3rd of the way up and mixed it with the super soil then filled rest of container with Organic jobes potting soil then watered until run off.

Container 2, poured in foxfarms ocean forest soil then filled rest of container with organic Jobe’s potting soil then watered until runoff.

-Once the containers were prepared I made a small 1/2 inch deep hole and placed the seed in it then lightly covered with soil and added a little water on top of it

-4/27 to 4/28 Both seedlings broke the surface (about 3-4 days)

-4/29 I gave 1 cup of water to each plant for a lil drink

-5/2/18 After sticking my finger into the soil I noticed it was starting to dry up so I watered both containers until runoff making sure to leave a ring of dry soil near the stem of the seedlings to create a drip line which will encourage root expansion as explained here in @Ash-a-Ton ’s amazing thread for newbies :)thanks:): https://www.autoflower.org/threads/school-daze-seedling-phase.65331/page-2

I’ve been leaving the plants outside from the beginning even during the night so at first I was worried the still somewhat cold nights (lows were about 45-50 F) would hurt them but they’ve been champs so far. Recently the lows have stopped getting below 50 so it should be smooth sailing from here hopefully.

Will try and grab some pics to post and will continue to post updates. Can’t wait to harvest some frosty buds by around mid July! :pass:

Also thank you to @912GreenSkell for your great thread on maximizing outdoor autos:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/maximizing-outdoor-autos-guide-to-growing-under-the-sun.56402/
:worship:

Genetics: @mephisto Artisanal - Skywalker auto fem (I love me some indica!!)

Location - San Jose, CA (plants get about 8 hours of direct sun each day).
=================================
Hi eveyone. I’ve been lurking & learning for a few weeks and was inspired so I recently started my first grow ever!

Please feel free to chime in with comments, tips, etc. especially if anyone is familiar with growing autos outdoors in the bay area.

My game plan is to make this grow as simple as possible via not doing any transplanting and using organic fertilizers and the free power from the sun. After planting the seeds all I really plan on doing is making sure they get enough sun and water (summers here can be pretty dry).

Here is my setup and what I’ve done so far:

-4/22/18 I put 2 seeds in a cup of tap water to soak for 48 hrs (next time I’m going to try Mephisto’s recommended germination method using toilet paper and a DVD case)

-4/24/18 I planted each seed directly in their final 20” containers (regular plastic potting containers). Before planting the soaked seeds I prepared the soil in each container in the following way:

Container 1, poured in a 1 lb bag of super soil concentrate (from Amazon) then added organic Jobe’s potting soil to about 1/3rd of the way up and mixed it with the super soil then filled rest of container with Organic jobes potting soil then watered until run off.

Container 2, poured in foxfarms ocean forest soil then filled rest of container with organic Jobe’s potting soil then watered until runoff.

-Once the containers were prepared I made a small 1/2 inch deep hole and placed the seed in it then lightly covered with soil and added a little water on top of it

-4/27 to 4/28 Both seedlings broke the surface (about 3-4 days)

-4/29 I gave 1 cup of water to each plant for a lil drink

-5/2/18 After sticking my finger into the soil I noticed it was starting to dry up so I watered both containers until runoff making sure to leave a ring of dry soil near the stem of the seedlings to create a drip line which will encourage root expansion as explained here in @Ash-a-Ton ’s amazing thread for newbies :)thanks:): https://www.autoflower.org/threads/school-daze-seedling-phase.65331/page-2

I’ve been leaving the plants outside from the beginning even during the night so at first I was worried the still somewhat cold nights (lows were about 45-50 F) would hurt them but they’ve been champs so far. Recently the lows have stopped getting below 50 so it should be smooth sailing from here hopefully.

Will try and grab some pics to post and will continue to post updates. Can’t wait to harvest some frosty buds by around mid July! :pass:

Also thank you to @912GreenSkell for your great thread on maximizing outdoor autos:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/maximizing-outdoor-autos-guide-to-growing-under-the-sun.56402/
:worship:

Cant wait to see how you do bud!! Good luck on your grow!! Feel free to tag me anytime! I often get very busy in the summer, so please fire me a tag when i drift off, so i can check out your grow.

Cant wait to see how you do bud!! Good luck on your grow!! Feel free to tag me anytime! I often get very busy in the summer, so please fire me a tag when i drift off, so i can check out your grow.
Thanks man will do, good luck to you as well on all your grows this summer!

So glad I was able to find this community that has so much knowledge on growing autos outdoors!!

So glad I was able to find this community that has so much knowledge on growing autos outdoors!!

We are happy to have you join up bud!! I like indoor growing and indoor weed, but I LOVE outdoor growing and outdoor bud!! Just the way nature intended!!

Hopefully the only thing i need a bit of luck with is the weather! ;) :D

Hey...there is a guy that might have some climate specific tips for you @Arthur (i think you are from that area? I am super bad for that...LOL)

@Frosty Budz Good Luck on your grow!! I'll be following it. I cant grow outdoors anymore and miss it!!! Nothing like the sun, clouds, breeze, smells In comparison to artificial lights, Drywall, cords etc Cheers

@Frosty Budz Good Luck on your grow!! I'll be following it. I cant grow outdoors anymore and miss it!!! Nothing like the sun, clouds, breeze, smells In comparison to artificial lights, Drywall, cords etc Cheers

It really is epic...one day i was doing some maintenance and hey....a treefrog in my plant, cool!! Another time a bunch of sparrows made a nest in a photo plant!! I keep trying to get some pics of birds in the plants for you guys, but they never seem to stay still when i am there long enough to get a solid pic!!

We are happy to have you join up bud!! I like indoor growing and indoor weed, but I LOVE outdoor growing and outdoor bud!! Just the way nature intended!!

Hopefully the only thing i need a bit of luck with is the weather! ;) :D

Hey...there is a guy that might have some climate specific tips for you @Arthur (i think you are from that area? I am super bad for that...LOL)
Ya there def seems to be something special about blazing some nice tasty frosty bud that was grown in its natural environment. Hopefully it’s even more satisfying when grown by your own hand.

Oh sweet thanks... I’ll def check out some of Arthur’s posts!

Sending you some good cali vibes for your weather!
Woohoo .I'm subbed
Can't wait to see you rock this grow bro
Thanks bud...Really liking and learning a lot from your school daze thread, please keep the tips coming!! They are very much appreciated.

I’m grateful this community has been so welcoming and supportive, hopefully we’ll all be cranking out some beasts this summer!!

Ya there def seems to be something special about blazing some nice tasty frosty bud that was grown in its natural environment. Hopefully it’s even more satisfying when grown by your own hand.

Oh sweet thanks... I’ll def check out some of Arthur’s posts!

Sending you some good cali vibes for your weather!

Thanks bud...Really liking and learning a lot from your school daze thread, please keep the tips coming!! They are very much appreciated.

I’m grateful this community has been so welcoming and supportive, hopefully we’ll all be cranking out some beasts this summer!!

What strain are you growing?

Back