Funny looking Northern Lights. Female/male? Can’t tell.

R Wayne

Chi Cerca Trova
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Root Beer Float, ZaMango, Strawbba the Hutt, Jimmy Jacks, Invader Zam
This is a Seed Stockers Northern Lights Auto. About 40 days old. It’s been stressed basically all its life. Major leaf curl. Looked mutated from the start. Grown in an earthbox with ocean forest using dry amendments. Also been fungus gnats since week one in the tent.
IMG_2379.jpeg

I was hoping it would grow out of it but that isn’t happening. I thought I saw pistils around day 20 but now looking closer I don’t see any. It also doesn’t look like it’s growing male parts either. Been on the fence about culling it, but now I’m leaning towards cutting it out soon. Opinions/experience would be appreciated. Haven’t seen something like this before so I’m at a loss. Thanks in advance.
IMG_2532.jpeg
IMG_2531.jpeg
IMG_2533.jpeg
IMG_2534.jpeg
IMG_2535.jpeg

3rd and 4th pic look like they have bracts at the nodes and what looks like a small pistil but thats too hard to tell. The stress might be doing a number on this one I would say its a female. But you might want a second opinion. Post those 2 pics in live stoner chat, you'll probably get 10 2nd opinions in 10 minutes lmao

How is the Ph? I mean she doesn’t look like she thrives directly… what’s your numbers? 🫤

But hey, she looks great if you are a beginnner 💚💚💚

How is the Ph? I mean she doesn’t look like she thrives directly… what’s your numbers? 🫤

But hey, she looks great if you are a beginnner 💚💚💚
I run in organic soil and put my ph meter away about 2 years ago. Been growing great plants ever since. This plant was in the same earthbox as my CBD plant and the CBD plant is in preflower looking and smelling awesome. I do believe the ocean forest soil I got was not as good as it has been in the past, but the other 2 plants that are growing in the same soil are solid. I think some early fungus gnats also slowed things down at the beginning. But this northern lights seems to be one of those weird anomalies. Phenotypes, can’t get winners everytime. Sadly I cut it down yesterday. Cut my losses and Give the other plants more resources now. But I appreciate the input :cheers:

😔
IMG_2570.jpeg

More room for the rest
IMG_2572.jpeg

I run in organic soil and put my ph meter away about 2 years ago. Been growing great plants ever since. This plant was in the same earthbox as my CBD plant and the CBD plant is in preflower looking and smelling awesome. I do believe the ocean forest soil I got was not as good as it has been in the past, but the other 2 plants that are growing in the same soil are solid. I think some early fungus gnats also slowed things down at the beginning. But this northern lights seems to be one of those weird anomalies. Phenotypes, can’t get winners everytime. Sadly I cut it down yesterday. Cut my losses and Give the other plants more resources now. But I appreciate the input :cheers:

😔
View attachment 1651213

More room for the rest
View attachment 1651214
I feel you about the fox farm soils. I run happy frog blended with ocean forest in a 4:1 ratio. and Im running into nutrient balance issues right now. Its getting worse but not very fast. Kinda like yours where 2 arent to bothered by it but one isnt liking it too much.

Thats definitely what mine is. Got a few rust spots on a couple leaves. Im almost thinking about slurry testing the soil to see if the ph is off.

Maybe I only ever did that my first grow then learned and I don’t believe it’s very accurate. Every thing I’ve read if you want to know soil ph meter is the best option but they are pricey for one that works properly

Back