Gaia Green (or other) Organic input ratio calculator.

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals.

Here's a link to an excel spreadsheet I made to calculate the final NPK ratio when you mix different amendments together. Several of the Gaia Green products are entered in there already but you can substitute your own by changing the respective values. I'm no expert in excel , so if you are, I'm sure you can improve the spreadsheet. If you are not good with spreadsheets it's probably best you save a separate copy before you start playing with it. You have to enter fertilizer quantity as ml in column B (conversions below). It will convert your entered ml into cups, teaspoons and tablespoons in columns C,D and E. Calculated NPK totals will show up in the yellow cells row 13 F,H and J. The calc .jpg below shows 1/2 cup of all purpose 4-4-4 with one cup of power bloom 2-8-4 and you get 1.5 cups of 2.665-6.670-4

Hope you find it useful. fertilizer ratio calculator dropbox link

When you click the link to dropbox (on pc), click the open button along the top left and select either excel for the web or google sheets to open the file in a web based spreadsheet program. from there you can enter your values in the calculator.
Capture2.JPG

Or you can download the file (select download instead of open) and enter your values as described in my previous post. If you don't have microsoft excel you can use google sheets (free) to use the spreadsheet.

Cheers

RockyRidger

fert calc.JPG

Last edited:
Very cool of you to put this together for folks. One cautionary thing to throw out there....NPK values as listed by companies on labels are typically minimum guaranteed analysis. They may not be super accurate for using to dial in %s. This is also the same with those charts floating around the forums that list the NPK of a bunch of organic amendments and manures. In reality there can be quite a bit of variance based on how the amendment was sourced/grown. Hope that helps if you ever find your calculated result is different than real world results.

Very cool of you to put this together for folks. One cautionary thing to throw out there....NPK values as listed by companies on labels are typically minimum guaranteed analysis. They may not be super accurate for using to dial in %s. This is also the same with those charts floating around the forums that list the NPK of a bunch of organic amendments and manures. In reality there can be quite a bit of variance based on how the amendment was sourced/grown. Hope that helps if you ever find your calculated result is different than real world results.
Thanks for the reminder Tad. I think a lot of us default to thinking of the listed NPK as absolute values rather than minimums.

As a side note, I'd like to thank you as well for your contribution to my trip down the organics road. In 2019 when I started to research cannabis growing as a retirement hobby, your cannabis cultivation and science podcast was the one that sent me down the rabbit hole. Just recently harvested my 7th run indoors and have some autos doing nicely outside. All grown organically. My wife and I have switched to all organic in our yard and garden as well.

Thanks again!

Hey! That's so cool to hear! I put out the podcast into a vacuum and don't really know who's listening (I know someone is based on the statistics). I love hearing that folks have gotten into gardening or switched to organics though, that's why I put so much time into the podcast. Thank you!

Back