Reaction score
I have been doing some research on what soil is good for auto flowers because I am on my 3rd auto grow and all tree of them shows the same nutrient deficiency in all 3 grows. My personal opinion is that autos and their short VEG to FLOWER stage has a lot to do with it. "The soil is to hot" is what I hear A LOT" so I dont know any thing about , don't have the time and knowledge, not even know were to start....So I came across this soil that is Smoking Tomatoes Soil: here is a link to their web site........soil They are based in Michigan so thats a 4-6 hour drive, now for me to drive 6 hrs for some soil sounds crazy, I know..if only they would delivery..I would love from someone that has used this kind of soil before and how was it??? There's moor I know this is the last ?? I found this soil just like the one that was mentioned earlier and I can get this delivered to my local Hardware Store, but it likes $50 a bag of 18 LBS, now the other soil is $15 a bag at, well it does not say?? BUT its $15 a bag..Let me get back to the soil its called SOHUM Living soil, just adding water only is Like PARADISE to me, I personally hate mixing chemicals and adding dry fertilizer every time I feed them Its a mess after feeding I have to clean the reservoir and every thing else..you know what I am talking about.. so by just adding water is a dream come true to me....same as this soil want to hear other thoughts on this ...
shopping.jpg

SoHum runs a bit hot for autoflowers. Im on my second grow using SoHum Its a quality soil, a bag even closed can load a room with a rich soil smell. Their site has best practice for autoflowers.

check out these guys living soils before making a purchase maybe

check out these guys living soils before making a purchase maybe
I have these guys on my list to use the BuildASoil Take 'N Bake - Artisan Soil kit they have in the fall grow this year. Their youtube is super helpful.

I am using sohum living soil Outdoors with 2.5 gallon air pots its my first grow, They recommend not to starting your seeds in the soil but using a well rooted plant. what i did was soak the seeds 14 hrs they sank , I put em in the scott towel once tap root was long enough,Then I put them in seed starting soil, 10 days later roots were coming out the bottom of the 4in deep plastic container , I carefully transplanted them in to the sohum soil so far so good Day 24

Attachments

• IMG_20210803_133947.jpg
    IMG_20210803_133947.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20210803_134743.jpg
    IMG_20210803_134743.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
I had made the mistake 3 weeks earlier when I planted the germinated seeds directly into the sohum soil, 2 of the 5 survived. they were growing very slow first 2 weeks day 54 they looking decent.

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_181826.jpg
    IMG_20210802_181826.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20210802_181742.jpg
    IMG_20210802_181742.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 107
Yes it is a little pricey but does make it easy for a noob just add water,
2 bags will go a long way if your working with 2 to 3.5 gallon containers,.
Just starting my first indoor grow with so hum using a 3.5 gallon SIP bucket,
water from the bottom (organic living soil ) Knats can become a problem when watering from up top.

Back