Dutch Passion Germination issues with critical orange punch?

temp_5XcJYtuV

Herb Beanz
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Sour tangie, Tahoe og, grape ape, sweet tooth, Skywalker og...all rosin
Hi guys, so I bought a 5pack of critical orange punch seeds and was pretty excited. decided to give them a go when they arrived with some old mephisto double grape and 3 bears og. All mephisto beans germinated fast with no issue but the critical orange punch beans lagged developed a small tiny tails. The tail growth seemed to stall after germination, withered up and died within 7 days. So I'm pretty sure its definitely not user error as all the beans have been treated the same in the germination process and mephistos did not show any signs of stress during the process. Maybe I received a bad batch of beans. So as you can expect, I'm kinda disappointed as I was very excited to grow this fine strain. I was wondering if anyone on AFN has had any issue with germination of a 5 pack of critical orange punch?
Thanks guys and gals,
Happy growing!

Hi guys, so I bought a 5pack of critical orange punch seeds and was pretty excited. decided to give them a go when they arrived with some old mephisto double grape and 3 bears og. All mephisto beans germinated fast with no issue but the critical orange punch beans lagged developed a small tiny tails. The tail growth seemed to stall after germination, withered up and died within 7 days. So I'm pretty sure its definitely not user error as all the beans have been treated the same in the germination process and mephistos did not show any signs of stress during the process. Maybe I received a bad batch of beans. So as you can expect, I'm kinda disappointed as I was very excited to grow this fine strain. I was wondering if anyone on AFN has had any issue with germination of a 5 pack of critical orange punch?
Thanks guys and gals,
Happy growing!
i didnt myself but my buddy had a couple not pop from a ten pack if you bought direct from dutch passion send them a email they might be willing to replace them best of luck in future

Thanks guys and gals,
Happy growing!

hey @temp_5XcJYtuV ... happy wednesday

sorry to her about your Critical Orange, we all get germination problem's once in a wile and they could be caused by a few things but most of the time its the seeds them selves. To have a full pack not germ fully is a problem... if you bought the seeds from a seed bank and not direct I would say it's old seeds (I heard somewhere you have about a 3-4yr window then germ rates will drop), a lot of those mainstream seeds from the big company can sit around for well over a year before they get moved on to the seed banks, then for how long it sits on the selves is anyone guess.

As @Mañ'O'Green has said it's full pack I would get onto Dutch Passion as explain you situation, they are cool so chances are they may reimburse you

i didnt myself but my buddy had a couple not pop from a ten pack if you bought direct from dutch passion send them a email they might be willing to replace them best of luck in future
Hey thanks for the reply dude. Yeah unfortunately I went through one of those online seed banks from the UK as they had great reviews. Next time I will go straight to their website (stoner moment). Probably old stock. On a side note mephistos are doing extremely well.

Hey thanks for the reply dude. Yeah unfortunately I went through one of those online seed banks from the UK as they had great reviews. Next time I will go straight to their website (stoner moment). Probably old stock. On a side note mephistos are doing extremely well.
seed banks have there place like for overseas breeders and such only problem is hard to know how long they have been on the shelf and how well they have been stored so when possible go direct .
mephisto usually has great freebies when u go direct

Unfortunately I had the same experience with auto COP. Only 4 sprouted from a pack of 7, ordered straight from the DP site.
I really never have much problems sprouting seeds, I use coco plugs with a heating mat (on thermostat ofc) and a humidity dome and normally I get 90%+ to sprout.
Im sure if I would have contacted them they would have sent me a replacement pack but I just wasnt that interested in growing the stuff anymore.
Also I thought the pheno's were rather varied, meaning that this isn't a very stable strain unfortunately.
They are the cheapest AF seeds that dutch passion has to offer though so i guess you get what you pay for.. Not that seeds not sprouting should be acceptable but I did kind of expect it..

The ones that did sprout got huge and very tasty though!

I normally love DP's autoflowers but I really think that this criticism is justified in this case.. I've grown many DP autoflowers but haven't yet had this much problems getting seeds to germinate..

Unfortunately I had the same experience with auto COP. Only 4 spI routed from a pack of 7, ordered straight from the DP site.
I really never have much problems sprouting seeds, I use coco plugs with a heating mat (on thermostat ofc) and a humidity dome and normally I get 90%+ to sprout.
Im sure if I would have contacted them they would have sent me a replacement pack but I just wasnt that interested in growing the stuff anymore.
Also I thought the pheno's were rather varied, meaning that this isn't a very stable strain unfortunately.
They are the cheapest AF seeds that dutch passion has to offer though so i guess you get what you pay for.. Not that seeds not sprouting should be acceptable but I did kind of expect it..

The ones that did sprout got huge and very tasty though!

I normally love DP's autoflowers but I really think that this criticism is justified in this case.. I've grown many DP autoflowers but haven't yet had this much problems getting seeds to germinate..

My first full auto grow was at the the end of last year. I have put 3 Critical orange punch autos to germinate, but only 2 sprouted, ans one of them was a rather slow starter with a mutant pheno. Harvest was good- averaging 65 grams per plant-, but smoke was not remarkable, if not bad at all. It was something of a disappointment compared to my experience with Dutch Passion photos, but they were my first autos anyway. I am now growing an Ultimate Auto and it seems rather impressive compared to the Critical Orange Punch.

I bought 1 Dutch Passion COP and it's massive, I got mine from the Attitude. Would have got a BB (cheapest DP auto), but the singles had sold out.

Back