Photoperiod Green Crack & Blue Dream struggling

McDee

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Problem: Slow growth, leaves curling parts are crispy. Cant find a pic of what's going on here.

Medium/grow method: Pro mix.

Feed: and supplements used: Megacrop version 2 I believe, also Calmag Pro.

water source: R/O

Strain/age: Garden of Green (both)
Green Crack 37 days
Blue Dream 36 days

light used: Mars Hydro SP 3000

Climate: Tent in basement AC is on

Additional info: 18/6 light schedule. Blue dream was a mutant from the start light was to low so I thought was light stress. Light has been moved for a while and has gotten worse. Leaves are showing the problem I just havent found it looking inline. Ph between 5.8 and 6.1. They are in 2 gallon rain science bags. I thought could be the size, but I did a grow w othe 5 autos in 2gal no issues. A lot of others use 2 gal with no issues so looking for another problem. They both have a bunch of roots coming out the bottom and on sides.

20210620_224032.jpg
20210620_224025.jpg
20210621_162709.jpg
20210621_162751.jpg
20210621_162718.jpg
20210621_162745.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Hi Bro, this stoner is just wondering if the suspect leaves are all at the bottom ? They look like it from your shots. Were they laying in the grow medium when they were younger ? Hmmmmmm scratching my noggin Hopefully Doc @Mañ'O'Green is on duty or other eyes

Hi Bro, this stoner is just wondering if the suspect leaves are all at the bottom ? They look like it from your shots. Were they laying in the grow medium when they were younger ? Hmmmmmm scratching my noggin Hopefully Doc @Mañ'O'Green is on duty or other eyes
I dont think so, but may have been. They had some nice looking fan leaves before. Big and full, I cut others off that were worse. I'm sure he will be around sooner rather than later. He knows just about everything so I'm hoping he has seen this too. Thanks for thought may be the issue just don't remember that happening. They were out of the container before they looked sick I'm pretty sure. I'm really bad at seeing what I'm seeing sometimes lol.

Hey @Mcdee what I think is going on here is the size of the pot is small so numerically the difference between too little, just right and too much is a small amount. This makes it harder to feed. PH can swing faster in a small pot also you should be using a good soil probe. PH can do what that leaf damage looks like but more likely a finiky plant that locks out phosphorous easily? I would get a bottle of Earth Juice Micro blast and give her a foliar application. Then once or twice a week feed her. 2.5g MC, .5g Epsom salt and .5g Cal-mag per gallon of RO.

2021-06-21_21-44-23.png

:goodluck:

Hey @Mcdee what I think is going on here is the size of the pot is small so numerically the difference between too little, just right and too much is a small amount. This makes it harder to feed. PH can swing faster in a small pot also you should be using a good soil probe. PH can do what that leaf damage looks like but more likely a finiky plant that locks out phosphorous easily? I would get a bottle of Earth Juice Micro blast and give her a foliar application. Then once or twice a week feed her. 2.5g MC, .5g Epsom salt and .5g Cal-mag per gallon of RO.

View attachment 1333776

:goodluck:
Thanks bud, I was wondering if it was ph I forgot to test run off. I may have over feed then. 1-2 weeks ago I increased feed to 4g's MC. That is what it says on bag for veg, so I was using that. I started with .9g's of Calmag Pro, but switched to .5g's shorly after. I was trying the small pots to save some headspace, but maybe 3gal is just better in the end. I will get a probe my ph pen has soil probe attachment I can get. Thanks again bud. Stay lifted.

Thanks bud, I was wondering if it was ph I forgot to test run off. I may have over feed then. 1-2 weeks ago I increased feed to 4g's MC. That is what it says on bag for veg, so I was using that. I started with .9g's of Calmag Pro, but switched to .5g's shorly after. I was trying the small pots to save some headspace, but maybe 3gal is just better in the end. I will get a probe my ph pen has soil probe attachment I can get. Thanks again bud. Stay lifted.
The instructions on the bag are for plants other than autos. I have found that ~550PPMs of nutrients is the upper limit for most autos. My Photoperiod plants were very happy at 1400PPM They were very big plants.

Due to the lower level of MC used the balance of nutrients needed is not there. That is why you need to add the Epsom and Cal-mag.

The instructions on the bag are for plants other than autos. I have found that ~550PPMs of nutrients is the upper limit for most autos. My Photoperiod plants were very happy at 1400PPM They were very big plants.

Due to the lower level of MC used the balance of nutrients needed is not there. That is why you need to add the Epsom and Cal-mag.
I did the 4g's of MC and .5g's of Calmag Pro since they're photos and ppm was 667. I thought that was high for young plants. I ordered some earth juice microblast said wont be here until July 7 - July 12. I hope it comes sooner. Planning to grab some Pennington epsom salt later from Lowes. I read that you cant use to much epsom salts which seems false??? Would it be a good idea to add .5g's of it to every feeding? Same with the earth juice, would it be ok to use every few weeks? I have never done a foliar feeding, but saw you cant do a lot of it.

I did the 4g's of MC and .5g's of Calmag Pro since they're photos and ppm was 667. I thought that was high for young plants. I ordered some earth juice microblast said wont be here until July 7 - July 12. I hope it comes sooner. Planning to grab some Pennington epsom salt later from Lowes. I read that you cant use to much epsom salts which seems false??? Would it be a good idea to add .5g's of it to every feeding? Same with the earth juice, would it be ok to use every few weeks? I have never done a foliar feeding, but saw you cant do a lot of it.
The problem I find with the MC 1 part V2 is that the phosphorous gets too high and the sulfur too low to stay in balance. My MC 1 part spreadsheet is based on mathematical conversions and not actual measurements. I have the tools to do the measurements but I don't have a sample to work with of the MC 1 part V2.

I think the best you can do is go with 4.5g/gal MC and .5g/gal Epsom Salt. The MC has enough calcium at this level. It is high on phorphorous but cannabis can tollerate it a little high. This pushes it as high as I would go. Photoperiod plants can tolerate much higher PPM but do not necessarily need it.

2021-06-23_11-19-16.png

Here is a link to the spreadsheet just remember this has not been tested and is based on math.

The problem I find with the MC 1 part V2 is that the phosphorous gets too high and the sulfur too low to stay in balance. My MC 1 part spreadsheet is based on mathematical conversions and not actual measurements. I have the tools to do the measurements but I don't have a sample to work with of the MC 1 part V2.

I think the best you can do is go with 4.5g/gal MC and .5g/gal Epsom Salt. The MC has enough calcium at this level. It is high on phorphorous but cannabis can tollerate it a little high. This pushes it as high as I would go. Photoperiod plants can tolerate much higher PPM but do not necessarily need it.

View attachment 1334262

Here is a link to the spreadsheet just remember this has not been tested and is based on math.

Just got some epsom salt will give the some tonight.

Just got some epsom salt will give the some tonight.
Don't feed it by itself. Always mix in with the MC after the MC has been fully dissolved. If you feed by itself it can lock-out K and Ca.

Back