Dutch Passion Groff Labs: 16x AutoUltimates - 1 nute bottle battle + light schedule test + timelapse

yippe! ... temps peaking 32ºC :cuss::cuss::cuss:

Strangely, they're not complaining as much as I would have thought... so far at least.
_
I grew a few years in Mississippi south of I-10. There the summers were 32 - 35 C with 90 -100% humidity. They grew find indoors under a 100Watt Halide. I just had a box fan sucking the air in and through the room at high speed. They were some wonderful ladies. It is a weed after all.

My reasons for buying HLG QB boards:
Less than 2" tall thus gained about 6" of height
Efficiency I believe only Fluence if a bit more efficent
Bang for the buck, No one else's light puts out this much light for the same money
Customer service is excellent.

Unlike HPS, you can tell by looking at them when they have degraded. Driven hard, you want to consider replacing them at about 5 years. The only way to really know is to test them with a PAR meter. I'll replace just the boards next year in my QB 304 light. Considering the new Diablo boards!

I am indeed quite impressed at new quantum board ratings for sure. Just need a way to justify the cost. My current lights are quite competent and I'm not trying to break any world record. Right now the #1 compelling argument is noise. How I dream of a noiseless indoor grow room!

That is why I have that gigantic carbon filter and 350mm fan, that I use a transformer based speed controller to slow down. Massive negative pressure with extremely low noise and zero hum.

My current blurples make a ton of noise, despite having modded one MS006 and the Platinum LED with Noctua silent fans, I still have the 400w and the other 180w MS006 with stock fans making a heck of a lot of noise.

What lights are you using @Trichome farmer? Trying to justify the cost as I don't sell any of my produce, it is all for personal use and family medicine.
_

gotta love that summer heat those ultimates are hardy ass plants well able to handle most conditions thankfully my grow room has only hit 28 this year my new GN light arrived today so that should help drop it a few more degrees

Hands down one of the (if not the) most resilient strains I've ever grown. They don't slow down with any sort of torture I inflict onto them :thumbsup:
_

I grew a few years in Mississippi south of I-10. There the summers were 32 - 35 C with 90 -100% humidity. They grew find indoors under a 100Watt Halide. I just had a box fan sucking the air in and through the room at high speed. They were some wonderful ladies. It is a weed after all.

Whaaat? That is crazy!! How did you not get bud rot or mildew? 90-100% daaaaaaamn :shrug:
_

My reasons for buying HLG QB boards:
Less than 2" tall thus gained about 6" of height
Efficiency I believe only Fluence if a bit more efficent
Bang for the buck, No one else's light puts out this much light for the same money
Customer service is excellent.

Unlike HPS, you can tell by looking at them when they have degraded. Driven hard, you want to consider replacing them at about 5 years. The only way to really know is to test them with a PAR meter. I'll replace just the boards next year in my QB 304 light. Considering the new Diablo boards!

I'm on the other side of the pond unfortunately, HLG would cost me an arm and a leg. Price quality ratio seems dominated by Mars Hydro with their SP line that use lm301b's, and they've proven to be quite reliable as a company. Maybe @MarshydroTina can confirm? It will very likely either the new SP3000 coming out soon, or GN Telos 10 Pro which costs a little more, but love the company, they've got stellar customer support.

What is the difference between 301H and 301b?
_

I'm on the other side of the pond unfortunately, HLG would cost me an arm and a leg. Price quality ratio seems dominated by Mars Hydro with their SP line that use lm301b's, and they've proven to be quite reliable as a company. Maybe @MarshydroTina can confirm? It will very likely either the new SP3000 coming out soon, or GN Telos 10 Pro which costs a little more, but love the company, they've got stellar customer support.

What is the difference between 301H and 301b?
_
in a nutshell the H is the latest improvement model after/over the B. The H is more efficient. I have used 400 watts of the B for 3 years with UV, blue and far red diodes. LOVE it. I just added a 250 watts of just the H's from here in the states. They are giving me my best looking ladies yet.

@Trichome farmer ... very cool, subscribed to his channel. Thanks for that. Though one thing he didn't address at all is bin rating. Sure, the specs may be the same, but the "H" seems to be the higher bin rating and the "b" the slightly lower. Strange he didnt mention this at all. In any case, give all the limiting factors, I don't really care if I get a "b" or an "H" version. They'll both be super great and I have way many more variables to dial in for max performance before b vs H actually does anything slightly significant. I'll be happy with just getting rid of the noise blurples to be honest.

@Nosias , you say the H is more efficient than b? Where did you get that from, is it factual or like shown in the video for marketing hype?
_

@Trichome farmer ... very cool, subscribed to his channel. Thanks for that. Though one thing he didn't address at all is bin rating. Sure, the specs may be the same, but the "H" seems to be the higher bin rating and the "b" the slightly lower. Strange he didnt mention this at all. In any case, give all the limiting factors, I don't really care if I get a "b" or an "H" version. They'll both be super great and I have way many more variables to dial in for max performance before b vs H actually does anything slightly significant. I'll be happy with just getting rid of the noise blurples to be honest.

@Nosias , you say the H is more efficient than b? Where did you get that from, is it factual or like shown in the video for marketing hype?
_
This is from Budget grow lights product description

"...
Our Series 3 SQ² 250 Watt Indoor LED grow light is designed to be our highest PPE unit available. This light is designed with the LED boards side by side versus the traditional heatsink style (lengthwise). This design offers more even coverage for tents with equal length sides. Each kit utilizes 2 of our custom designed & full spectrum LED boards with Samsung LM301H diodes. Samsung most notably highlights this diode carries a PPE of 3.03 μmol/J and includes anti-sulfurization. ..."

Back