Dutch Passion Groff Labs: 16x AutoUltimates - 1 nute bottle battle + light schedule test + timelapse

Just keep the air moving. It is not the most ideal VPD :woohoo1:

Oh, I'm not even measuring canopy temps, I think I'd just freak out to be honest. RH is around 44%. VPD around 2.5, likely more, deep into the red zone... But this is a heat-wave, it will pass in a few days and get back to normal. Getting back to usual temps and RH this time of year, it will go back nicely into the yellow/green zone.

mK7TkQ8.png

This is what is baffling me. I've been really hard-core into the "danger-zone" for these past few days, soon to be a week. They dont look that so much distressed. As mentioned, a few leaves here and there, but no clawing up or excessive peripheral dehydration and chlorosis. The only reason I haven't turned off some lights to tame temp rise. I'll post pics tomorrow
_

Last edited:
Oh, I'm not even measuring canopy temps, I think I'd just freak out to be honest. RH is around 44%. VPD around 2.5, likely more, deep into the red zone... But this is a heat-wave, it will pass in a few days and get back to normal. Getting back to usual temps and RH this time of year, it will go back nicely into the yellow/green zone.

mK7TkQ8.png

This is what is baffling me. I've been really hard-core into the "danger-zone" for these past few days, soon to be a week. They dont look that so much distressed. As mentioned, a few leaves here and there, but no clawing up or excessive peripheral dehydration and chlorosis. I'll post pics tomorrow
_
Yep, just also keep the roots wet. They will be fine. Jungle weed is where be.

Yep, just also keep the roots wet. They will be fine. Jungle weed is where be.

Very different from coco for sure. with soil and organics the trick is to not make the mistake of overwatering! I think part of this crop's heat resistance is the massive amounts of bacteria I breed with the AACT's and the soil's slower evaporation rate than coco. Would be even better if I had a cover crop, worms and mulch, but that is for after this crop.

But yes, I am bubbling away tap water so tomorrow I'll prep a fresh batch of feed and watering. I kind wished I hadn't skipped on CalMag for this grow, it is looking quite promising at day 61 from seed, but could be better
_

Last edited:
Very different from coco for sure. with soil and organics the trick is to not make the mistake for overwatering! I think part of this crop's heat resistance is the massive amounts of bacteria I breed with the AACT's and the soil's slower evaporation rate than coco. Would be even better if I had a cover crop, worms and mulch, but that is for after this crop.

But yes, I am bubbling away tap water so tomorrow I'll prep a fresh batch of feed and watering. I kind wished I hadn't skipped on CalMag for this grow, it is looking quite promising at day 61 from seed, but could be better
_
Man, every grow could be better. Vape what you got and grow some more :pighug:

Nice journal groff. Very interesting stuff.
When you going to reveal the 1 part nutrient you are using? Curios if i have guessed it

Nice journal groff. Very interesting stuff.
When you going to reveal the 1 part nutrient you are using? Curios if i have guessed it

hey @woody thanks buddy! I completely forgot about the 2 brands. Unfortunately due to Covid the 2nd brand bottle only arrived when the girls were already way into flowering, so made no sense to start using it. I'm keeping them for another round to test. You will never be able to guess simply because it is a new an very small company, that is not tailored for cannabis. They claim to also include calmag into the mix, and a new process that is 100% eco-friendly (though no certification at this point, probably because it is so new and expensive to certify), not petro-chemical based, so it is not chelated salts. I'm a really looking forward to see how it performs.

The other brand is already mentioned and used in this grow is good 'ol stinky Fishmix. I knew I could get away with it since using fresh Biobizz soil, though I do also brew AACTs :chef: Though technically I am adding nutrients, it is not bottled and infinitely cheaper. When I try this new brand, I will defintiely not do teas to see it's full potential.
_

hey @woody thanks buddy! I completely forgot about the 2 brands. Unfortunately due to Covid the 2nd brand bottle only arrived when the girls were already way into flowering, so made no sense to start using it. I'm keeping them for another round to test. You will never be able to guess simply because it is a new an very small company, that is not tailored for cannabis. They claim to also include calmag into the mix, and a new process that is 100% eco-friendly (though no certification at this point, probably because it is so new and expensive to certify), not petro-chemical based, so it is not chelated salts. I'm a really looking forward to see how it performs.

The other brand is already mentioned and used in this grow is good 'ol stinky Fishmix. I knew I could get away with it since using fresh Biobizz soil, though I do also brew AACTs :chef: Though technically I am adding nutrients, it is not bottled and infinitely cheaper. When I try this new brand, I will defintiely not do teas to see it's full potential.
_

Aw right mate im way off then!
Ive been running flora series a long time in hydro but getting fed up of the 3 part mix.
Simplicity is what im after now. Im going to give dyna gro a try.
Seen some great results just running their foliage pro (9-3-6) start to finish.

I hope it works out well for ya mate:thumbsup:

I've a friend in Amsterdam who uses only Flora Nova Bloom the entire grow. Here are some of his plant. And his tent is I believe 9ft tall
( Gorilla Tent with extension )

photo_2019-10-15_11-51-14.jpg

Aw right mate im way off then!
Ive been running flora series a long time in hydro but getting fed up of the 3 part mix.
Simplicity is what im after now. Im going to give dyna gro a try.
Seen some great results just running their foliage pro (9-3-6) start to finish.

I hope it works out well for ya mate:thumbsup:

Very nice plants @pop22 yes the ghe nutes have servede very well over the years and i could probably cut out one or even two of the bottles and still do well.
But you know how it is when growing is your hobby... Always wanting to try new things. Even when it costs you. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back