Guano/EWC tea how-to

Ok Sounds good. ..
You Dont always get foxtails ...Some Strains Carry it ..And Ive Read i beleuev That Over feeding Causes it ..but i would coubt that Honestly Correct .

I havemt fed plants for over a Year that are past 60.days ...ive been Harvesting Around these days !

I tried to follow the Muddy's life cycle, 11/12 weeks, this week will harvest the older plants, did the first flush on day 63, second flush on day 70 (yesterday).

I'm almost an foxtails expert lol... spent many hours reading about it...

Sativa strains carry it, is a defense mechanism for environments with high humidity, Sativa strains create foxtail buds to prevent mold but in the Indica strains mean stress... stresses that create foxtails:

. overheat
. over N at the beginning of flowering, heat excess will make the plant eat more N... N stimulates growth and P stimulates the fattening of calixes, over N at the beginning of flowering will make the plant grow calixes upon calixes
. over P in the last days of flowering
. not rotate the plants in the grow tent can also cause foxtails
. imbalances in nutrients, the difference between N and P is not appropriate, the difference between N and K is not appropriate, etc etc
. some Bloom Booster brands cause foxtails in some strains

In my case I have 8 autoflowers of 6 different strains, mainly Indica... 7 of them (5 strains) had the same problem, this was my first grow ever and I think I did all the mistakes that cause foxtails lol... if I do nothing I think the last plant (Auto Blue Mazar) will also have the same problem, I will try the tea, one tablespoon 1-10-1 guano and one tablespoon of humus to 4 liters of water.

Great read..... thanks too every one the participated.
Would it be any benifit to put Azos in a tea, thats for veg. Its a beneficial microbes.

So I've seen a lot of people asking around the forums about how to make a better tea for flowering or vege. The thing about teas is, you're trying to give a boost to your microbe population more than you're trying to make a nute solution. If you're just trying to make a nute solution go ahead and pick yourself up some biobizz or other proven liquid nutes to avoid the headache that can come from trying to rely solely on teas for nutes. Teas are best used in conjunction with a TLO or other more complete organic soil. Using them solo with a soil out of the bag can be quite difficult.

That's all for now, glad to see people still using teas!

Hey
Mr Piggy, I copyed this off there web site. Ive been having N def problems with a new soil i tryed cooking in the winter.

Azos is a beneficial microbe that can enhance growth by converting atmospheric nitrogen into a useable form available to plant roots. Nitrogen is critical for forming vegetative matter and supporting abundant growth. Azos promotes growth, while boosting natural root development. Azos has been used to help break 7 World-Records for plant growth, including a 2,000 lb. pumpkin

Hmm, I'm skeptical as I can't find info put out by someone who isn't selling it. I know there are types of nodule forming bacteria that show up on fabaceae (Legume) and Alnus sp (Alder) roots, but I haven't seen them work as a free body in the soil. If you're going for it let us know how it works for you, but I would first recommend making a tea with alfalfa and/or kelp and applying that. You could also scratch some alfalfa and/or kelp meal into the surface of the soil and water it in. Those two are a great addition to your soil mix and it's difficult to go overboard with them.

I made a tea the day before yesterday with alfalfa meal, ewc, a little bloodmeal, and a small scoop of azop.

Hi Mr Piggy.

Thanks for the great deal of guidance you've provided.

I'm bit confused about organics. Could you help me to clarify the following please?

So, with organics, you prepare a soil rich in nutrients, or is it microbes? And then use the teas to stimulate them?

If you had plain / medium fertilised soil, would you still benefit from teas?

What do you do for micro nutrients such as minerals and vitamins etc? How much of it comes from these teas?

Finally, what kind of nutes should you get if going that route as mentioned in your message? Is it enough to get veg and bloom organic NPK mixtures?

Thanks!

And any guide you can recommend will be greatly appreciated.

So I've seen a lot of people asking around the forums about how to make a better tea for flowering or vege. The thing about teas is, you're trying to give a boost to your microbe population more than you're trying to make a nute solution. If you're just trying to make a nute solution go ahead and pick yourself up some biobizz or other proven liquid nutes to avoid the headache that can come from trying to rely solely on teas for nutes. Teas are best used in conjunction with a TLO or other more complete organic soil. Using them solo with a soil out of the bag can be quite difficult.

That's all for now, glad to see people still using teas!

Back