Guano/EWC tea how-to

Hey all, so I'm still finding my feet with making teas but I have been seeing the true power of them after my first couple of batches.

I wanted to ask a question about adding bat guano and other powdered products. Do these dissolve completely when you guys make your tea? I have been using seaweed I got from the ocean which I put into a blender first with 1 litre of rainwater. I didn't expect this to dissolve but the batch I am making now which I have added some bat guano to-well the guano is still quite solid in there, it's settling at the bottom next to the airstone along with the solid parts of the seaweed. Is this normal or should I be bubbling for longer than 24 hours? I also add molasses to help get everything started in there.

I used the seaweed tea I made on my chilli plants and wow 3-4 days later and they look amazing.

My airstone and pump cost me £10 from ebay and is great. I only make up 1 or 2 litres each time as I don't grow lots of plants.

IMG_4589.jpg

Dazed..

Just a small note.5 gallon buckets n two small airstones are great.I too have used them as well.what he might have been talking about dazed(obviously a bit off cuz it dont suck)is the fact small bubbles will not let the microbes live as long and will kill microbes since they can not suspend the life as long.ideally you want large bubbles.but the small works killller man.I got a bazillion pics too LOL!

Hey brother Pig.I got a question,I most likely misunderstood,but are you saying adding Fish to a compost tea makes it a nute solution?A properly brewed tea with Molasses instead all proper is now a nute solution cuz I add some fish?Thanks man.:Sharing One:

Maybe Mr. Piggy can clarify what he was saying but I took it to mean, there is a difference between adding a tsp of fish for the microbes to eat vs a 1/2 cup which feeds the plants.

Guano will not dissolve, I like a lot of air when I'm making teas with Guano as they seem to need more. It does not dissolve and you do need much action to keep from getting funky. You are not trying to pull nutrients out of the Guano, but you are trying to get their unique cross section of microbes in your brew. If you are trying to get the phos etc for your plants you'd do better to top dress the guano.

Last edited:
Guano will not dissolve, I like a lot of air when I'm making teas with Guano as they seem to need more. It does not dissolve and you do not need much action to keep from getting funky. You are not trying to pull nutrients out of the Guano, but you are trying to get their unique cross section of microbes in your brew. If you are trying to get the phos etc for your plants you'd do better to top dress the guano.

Thanks buddy, I'm still learning-in crossover from organic's. :Sharing One:

ahhh ok cool.yeah that makes sense..Like i said LMAO i misunderstood.I thought i did, sounded odd lol.Thanks man.

Has anyone tried the "Give fungi a head start" tip from Teaming With Microbes? It's basis is that bacteria multiply much easier in AACTs so making a balanced fungal/bacterial tea is sometimes hard. The idea is to grow a bunch of fungi in the compost that you will use to make your tea. You add 3-4TBS of some fungal food, such as oatmeal, to every 1 cup of compost and keep that in a warm place so the fungi can multiply. Then you use that to make your tea.

[video=youtube;WaelExJmshI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaelExJmshI&feature=em-subs_digest[/video]

ya man,essentially your harvesting simple microbes from the air,an sit and growing the existing onces.pretty handy for a do it yerselfer for winter tea making to cut costs with an endo added for fungal dominance.
like the conventional farmers simple rice culture.and left to eat the molasses and other foods you provide for them for a cpl months.pretty handy stuff man.

I've noticed a big difference when I use a 17-0-0 Hoof & Horn meal. The tea just seems to explode with life. In 1ltr of rainwater I just add a tsp of Hoof & Horn, EWC and molasses.

Back