Guano/EWC tea how-to

DazedandSuperConfuzed,, would like to pick your brains on the 'Horn Meal' , I've bin on the 'Bay' and only found Horn Gries from Germany, is that the same as you are using,, bin doing teas for a while now and really would like to give this a try, Ta.

DazedandSuperConfuzed,, would like to pick your brains on the 'Horn Meal' , I've bin on the 'Bay' and only found Horn Gries from Germany, is that the same as you are using,, bin doing teas for a while now and really would like to give this a try, Ta.

It's actually Hoof & Horn buddy, I've not heard of Horn Gries, this stuff is 13-0-0 so really good for veg period but I've noticed there is something about putting it in a tea that is noticably different to guano etc, not sure what that is though!

Here you go:

http://www.thenutrientcompany.com/product-category/organic-fertiliser/

Dazed..

Cheers Dazed, found some on Amaz, Elixir, 13-0-0 , looking forward to try on nxt grow.

I do about a gallon of rainwater in a 5gal bucket, in with 2x 4" airstonses. I add:
A heaping teaspoon of seaweed fertilizer, a heaping teaspoon of kelp meal, two heaping teaspoons of VivaStrap powdered organic blackstrap molasses, a handful of earthworm castings, a couple teaspoons of cow humus compost, a pinch of epsom salts, a pinch of gypsum, a pinch of azomite, a half teaspoon of Mike-ORizey brand mycorrhizae and a sprinkle of Great White mycorrhizae :) brewed all slushed in together for 24-48 hours, then dumped into another bucket through a cheesecloth to separate the chunky stuff. Then on to da plants and some goes into the extra soil bin too, gotta keep its myco life fed too hehe!

You might find if you gather up all your dry ingredients and make a bag from that cheesecloth and suspend it right above the bubbles and sprinkle in little additives like an itty bitty sprinkle of your WP(s) and instead of using kelp meal and azomite unlkess your using very very small amounts of ech most often use wither or for trace minerals like Kelp meal(or powder added after brewing)GRD(glacial rock dust) or azomite.and I used those same small bubble 4" stones.they work excellent but imo for a long brew it really doesnt do as an effective job imo.small bubbles kills life after several hours.believe it or not after its brewed for about 12-18 hours feed it and build your tea slightly and then add large bubbles a touch more aggressively.I think you'll find that'll improve your long brews a bit more.and if I may..?i would take your seaweed fert ya mentioned and replace that with a little kelp liquid.then add about 2-6 TBspns depending on growth of big bloom after brewing as well as any cal mag and your tea(s) will get a bit better imho a lot faster with those things.hope that helps ya add to and make your teas a lil better for ya bro!!:Sharing One:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azomite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineral_matter_in_plants

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockdust

Last edited:
I have two autos (4L pots) with P deficiency signs, red stems and calixes do not get fat, the plants have 61 days, one will be harvest in 15/18 days and the other in 30 days... I want to give them guano tea but I do not know what quantities should I use... will make 4 liters of tea and the guano I have is 1-10-1, also have earthworm humus ... I have a air pump but without air stone.

How much guano should I use?... and worm humus?

A guano tea will not necessarily cure a P def bro, teas feed the microbes in the soil more than anything. I would top dress if you want to feed the plant. My 1-10-1 bat guano advises 50g per 7litre pot. If I was making a guano tea, I would use maybe use 1/2 tsp per gallon (4l) with 2tsp ewc, 2 tsp seaweed meal and 1tsp molasses.

Sure someone with more experience with tea will chime in.

D

I have two autos (4L pots) with P deficiency signs, red stems and calixes do not get fat, the plants have 61 days, one will be harvest in 15/18 days and the other in 30 days... I want to give them guano tea but I do not know what quantities should I use... will make 4 liters of tea and the guano I have is 1-10-1, also have earthworm humus ... I have a air pump but without air stone.

How much guano should I use?... and worm humus?

Shes Going To.be using alot now ..I Small feed could help but at 61 days u should go ahead and let her Phase out. ..Adding a Food could Jepordize the flavors some ..
Keep her using the leaves and Harvest a Sweeter bud ...
Just my 2 cents !

earthworm Humus..? is that a dual component mixed elsewhere or by yourself?just curious is all. but you have a simple yet slightly complex situation man since you have a staggered grow if i read that post right? and at harvest all will be at your 60-70 or whichever day mark?..if thats the case your going to need to brew or mix a feed and hit the younger ones that still have some growing and maturing to do and the others if ya wanna cloudy mostly cloudy with some clear meds too your going to want to make a surfactant and a sweetner type of boost if youd like.2 TB per gallon at rinse.not flush ,just a rinse and the others make a surfactant as well when feeding a tea or whichever since the soil is gone essentially plus the plant is working its way into the grave pretty soon,4L is pretty small for most any auto as a rule,depending ofcourse.but yeah swamps right man feed the younger ones(GOT PICS?)and can push the others out depending on their decay too. going by much i think thats your best course imho.Be good dude n i hope that help ya decide which path to take till harvest.if harvesting never feed a cpl weeks or more if you can swing it prior to drying n curing.:Sharing One:"AFN smoke out"

The earthworm humus is mixed elsewhere (Spain), is white label and the packaging says roots and growth stimulator.

Some pics https://www.autoflower.org/f5/first-indoor-grow-hps-400w-37708-2.html#post757138

I have 6 autos with 70 days and all of them had the same problem, the buds did not gain any weight and grow as fox tails, one of the newest and most advanced already with the same symptoms:

61 days - Auto Blue Diesel listed for 55 days 2L pot, foxtailing

61 days - Auto Blue Mazar listed for 75 days, 4L pot, topped/lst... this is still delayed and will take about 30 days to complete the life cycle, for now does not have the symptoms of the remaining and I want to prevent the same problem... as you can see she has few leaves, the first irrigation with Bloom (week 5) was burned by overfeed, I had many problems with nuts (Kaya Solutions) and for now, I'd rather not use them... when the light cycle start I take new pics.

Back