Hecno's on going organics

hecno

Worm Hunter .
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Reaction score
Howdy all . Well I am going to start this as a home thread as I will be a bit time short in the up coming months and it will be easier from me . Now you remember the Curly Grubs , well I have been studying up on the fat little buggers to see if I can use them to my benefit .
june-beetle-cycle-2-copy.jpg

So what I have done is set a side one of my dirt boxes I have 3 around 200 ltr each . I recycle the soil with bits and pieces which I will get to another time . Here is a bit of a run down on what attracted me to the bug , remember when I found those pellets , also I have what I call robber roots
cartoon-robber.jpg

What are robber roots , Well there is no getting a way from them .They are the native trees that are all around me , I have moved my dirt boxes to the least likely spot but they will still be there . This is where the Curly Grub comes into the party . They will eat all the lovely roots and leave me some real nice castings , so every time I find one now , into the box it goes , with the volume of soil I have they will have a home for at least 9 months . As you have seen by the size of them I should get a nice amount of castings in the soil . Which should give me some real good organic life happening in the soil . :thumbsup:

Yeah, some nice big logs there for the fire. :haha:

I like your life of the grub graphic there. I guess any hibernating grubs in your soil is okay, so long as the beetles don't emerge and lay eggs in your pots ... ?

Did you get any damage this way last run ? I might have missed that post

Peace bro, looking forward to some more hecno adventures Down Under

@MediScrogs no grubs in pots so far and no damage last run . Time will tell . Now here are some photos of a play around grow I have just done . I had a bunch of free seeds [ Auto ] and wanted to see how they went at this time of year outside with very little care . [ and I mean very little ] I was more interested in the amount of sun light this spot gets , which I am happy with . Temps up to 35 c mid day , soil -- spent soil from previous grows with nothing added . Feeds -- N.P.K. 5.5.5 about 5 times all up , and water that's it . As I have 3 adult kids at home we get a fair number of kids coming and going so it is a little tucked away corner that can't be seen . So it will become a future grow space . I have a indoor grow started at day 7 [ boring stage ] , but I'll start posting them a bit later on , 1 - GSC - 1 LSD - went with 2 plants as I want to train them and have the room . Oh I forgot , I have 2 more on the go in the same spot . Don't know it they will make it as the wet season is around the corner . Yield on the 2 out door plants .
drums-animated-gif-46.gif
---- 13.5 grams Dry .:thumbsup::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe:

Attachments

• DSC_0058.JPG
    DSC_0058.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 658
  • DSC_0059.JPG
    DSC_0059.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 633
  • DSC_0060.JPG
    DSC_0060.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 631
  • DSC_0061.JPG
    DSC_0061.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 627
  • DSC_0062.JPG
    DSC_0062.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 618
  • DSC_0063.JPG
    DSC_0063.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 652
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 657
Nice, man. Love that last pic of your slice of jungle paradise, I'd just want to sit there for days at a time...throw the TV and phones in the trash and just disappear.
:hula:

How many Chillies on this bush [ Habanero ] . Who every wins can come around home for beer and joints , but ya will have to cook the wombat steaks and Kola ribs . And
@BlackCanna40 if you come 2nd I'll send ya a pack of Black nuggets . :cheers::smoking::thumbsup::vibe:
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG

@BlackCanna420 Mate seems as all the other slack buggers have know idea , you get the Black beans and a BBQ this Sunday , can ya bring a nice Bourbon to .:thumbsup: :vibe::vibe::vibe:
Bugger stoned - --- 112 pods --- not counting the baby ones .
d187cd29ff12005dae8bbdda7496412f

Last edited:
Back