Live Stoners Help!!!! Using promix hp. First grow and scared of how and when to feed FF nutes.

Reaction score
I'm using promix HP and prepped my medium using 1/4 tsp. Of clonex to every liter of water I put in each 3 gallon put. My four girls are growing fast. Day five since they've broke soil. They are coming up on their first watering and from what I understand promix only contains enough nutrients to get them this far and I'm on my own from here. I have reverse osmosis water. Clonex. Calimag. FF big bloom, grow big and tiger bloom. Also earth juice hi-brix molasses. Any recommendations from people who have used this soil and mites would b awesome. I'm too far in and invested to much to change my medium or nutrient line so I must work with what I have or add very little. Running a 600w hps to four THC bomb autos. 4x2 tent. 6x24 black ops carbon filter. 6 inch cool tube. Temps are high around 81 with 40% RH. Working on dropping temps before I kick my ballast on 100% and run my full 600 watts instead of 400 now. 18/6 light schedule.

Pete, you have made an excellent choice for mediums. I use promix exclusively for nutrient grows and it is top notch quality. 5 days in, your ladies are still young and won't need much right now. It is kind of funny because you are the only other person I have run in to that uses clonex for seedlings, other than myself, lol. That is an awesome starter fertilizer and will definitely get the ladies off to a great and fast start. I would use it for another week at about the same level, 1/4 to 1/2 Tspoon per liter and then switch to your nutrient regimen. Check FF's website for the nutrient schedule and start out about half of what they recommend, slowly moving up to full strength if the ladies will take it. If you see any tip burn then back off your feeding and know that you have found your limit. You should be good to go man.

Put a journal up in the Organic section if you want and there are several of us that can follow along and help you out along the way.

Welcome to AFN, Pete!:toke:
A4 knows his stuff, Brother, you're in good hands (I've never heard of using clonex as a starter. great info!). :thumbsup:
What strains are you growing?

Ordered a five pack of THC bomb autos from bomb seeds. First time grow ever. All four sprouted and I've done no transplanting what so ever. Planted em right in my soil after bringing it up to temp for 24 hrs. Have remaining seed to my brother.

A4 just seen your post. Thank you I did alot of studying before I dived into this adventure. What u recommend was my initial thought but than I read things about needing to add calimag and stuff because I'm using reverse osmosis water. Honestly they look so good I don't feel the need to add anything more then what u recommend because I do not see anything close to a deficiency. Posting pictures now...

IMG_20150824_240239888.jpg
IMG_20150824_240157265.jpg

Top girl was my first to break free and is moving along very nicely. Started them at 250w through germination until twelve hours ago in which I turned the ballast to 75% kicking it up to about 400w hps.

Very nice, Pete! You're off and running with some healthy looking gals!
Have a :slap:

Thanks renaissance redneck!!! Always helps hearing my girls looks good from an experienced farmer. Confidence is key to the grow I believe.... I've moved and created a much better thread under the organics section and would love for you to follow and added in any comments or questions. My thread there is even more thorough.

Back