Grow Mediums HemiSync's Autopot grow w/Fast Buds LSD-25 using coco/perlite & LED

HemiSync

Autopot& Autocob Enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.net
Currently Smoking
Sweet Seeds Dark Devil, Barney’s Farm LSD. Yummy!
Hi all,
You folks sold me on these autopots and they have arrived today. I will try my best to not screw it up and show all the things you should do with autopots. lol

Grow Area:
4'x4'x5.5' Unbranded Grow Tent (right now just using 3 x 3 of it)
6" ventech Inline Fan and Carbon Filter
Hydrofarm AAPA45L 20-Watt 45-LPM Active Aqua Commercial Air Pump with 6 Outlets
Tent temperature & humidity 65-79f/18-26c, 56-65%

Lighting: 2 x PlatinumLED P300s (Veg 93w/Bloom 180w each)

Nutrients/Supplements:
Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Sensi Grow, Sensi Bloom, Big Bud, Voodoo Juice, Overdrive, Cal/Mg, Carboload, and Terpinator
Water is either distilled or rain water. EC is usually below 0.01

Medium:
GH CocoTek Premium Coir W/Perlite (70%/30%)
Autopots have 1" bottom layer of hydrocorn

Pots: 2 x 15L Autopots with AirDomes

I did make a couple modifications to the system. First I had a lot of weed block material so I made up the black matrix disc that comes with the U.K. version and I will be using one in the bottom of the pot with the gold disc face up in the tray.

Also I knew I had the rain bird irrigation tubing, t-connectors, and air line to make up my own airdome insides so I only purchased the airdome body. See pictures below.

Genetics: FastBuds LSD-25
Taste: Diesel
Award Winner: 2st Copa Canábica Litoral de los Poetas
Genes: mostly indica
Genetics: LSD autoflowering
Flowering: 8-9 weeks from germination
Harvest US: up to 1.1 pounds per light
Harvest EU: 450-500 g/m2 50-250 g/plant
Height US: up to 40 inches
Height EU: 70 - 120 cm
THC: Very high
CBD: 1.1%
Autoflowering: Yes

IMG_1817.JPG
IMG_1818.JPG

DESCRIPTION

A certain amount of courage was required when we undertook the task of crossing the legendary strain LSD. But we challenged ourselves and weren't disappointed when we were rewarded with one of the most snowy, beautiful strains that will effortlessly and instantly slam you hard with its tremendous strength.

Taste

It has an odor of paint and wood varnish, so we strongly recommend the use of carbon filters. During flowering it exudes a pleasant sour-earthy aroma, which is a testament to the quality and strength of the finished product that will be savored by even the most experienced of smokers.

Effect

Although the effect could be called a classic powerful body stone, LSD-25, of course, also has a psychedelic effect that is manifested as active creativity - you are overflowing with ideas and inspiration. If you smoke it heavily, you will notice some visual effects. Don't forget to cure the buds a little, which will open some new dimensions to this strain. The effect of smoking is so long lasting and powerful that you can easily over-smoke it, even if you have a very high tolerance to THC (which is a rare occurrence with autoflowering strains).

Growing

LSD-25 is a straightforward strain that's so easy to grow, we can safely recommend it to first time growers. She'll forgive your mistakes and clumsiness while you learn. Incredibly vigorous genetically, she will withstand pH swings, interruptions in light, excessively high and low temperatures, and haphazard feeding schedules. There's only one thing about LSD-25 that we would like to warn you about: this strain is a real water gulper, so don't forget to water it regularly. It demonstrates great growth characteristics in all methods of cultivation: coco, hydro, aero, and others. Plants reach 70 to 120 cm in height (2.2 – 4 ft) and are bulky, but feel free to train them and bend their compact branches as needed. This is a real champion that's fast from start to finish - from the appearance of the first pair of leaves to harvest, which represents a period of just 8 weeks. Like all the strains in our catalog, LSD-25 is good for cultivation outdoors, in greenhouses, and indoors. She steadfastly endures adverse soil conditions and high humidity, in which any other hybrid would fall victim to mildew.

We should also mention the colors and shades that mature plants will exhibit. During the stage when the buds build up mass, the calyxes acquire a deep purple shade with black splotches. Just before harvest the super-dense buds look like black holes. This strain is not only the most bright and beautiful specimen in our catalog, but has also consistently earned top marks when rated by a large amount of individual growers throughout the world. It's truly an aesthetically delightful sight when, during the final days of flowering, purple buds glisten with white crystals and black resin, in which the THC content rolls on up to 21-23%. LSD-25 is ideal for making hashish and is commonly used as a remedy for insomnia and gastrointestinal disorders.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the black matrix disc I made from weed barrier.
IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG
IMG_0169.JPG

Here is the airdome with 4 pieces of rainbird drip hose connected at the center with a t-connector.
IMG_0170.JPG
IMG_0171.JPG

Any help, comments, criticism, or just talk jump right in. This is my first time with this system and all help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Small update for now. I mixed up my GH Coco and perlite and immediately wished I hadn't. I did not test either to see if they might effect the EC/PPM. So I grabbed 5 gallons from my rain barrel, usually has an EC of less than 0.01, and using a sprayer sprayed my mix down right in the pots. Glad I did because the intial runoff was 1.6 EC or 800 ppm. After about 4 gallons of water the runoff got down to a about .2 EC and was happy with that. Later on I will check the perlite and coco separately to see which one was the problem.

I let it all sit draining for 24 hours and then added about 1.5 liters with cal/mag and voodoo at 1 ml/l. The beans were popped in a paper towel and about half an inch long so into the pots they went. Sorry I forgot to take pictures of the sprouts. I always get a little paranoid once I open the paper towel and just wanted to get them in the pots

Not much to see but here they are all setup and ready to go I have some more tubing coming next week and will hook up the reservoir then. I did turn the air pump on just for giggles being a former DWC lover I don't think a little extra air can hurt in the root zone. Cut in half 1 liter bottles for humidity domes
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0184.JPG

Nice setup bro, subbed up for this one. :pop:
I've got some LSD-25 seeds as well so looking forward to see how these do in the Autopots. :thumbsup:
Thanks for dropping by. Now I know the pressure is on. I hope I do well with these, I'm a classic overwater on indoor soil plants so coco should be right up my alley.

Just a heads up, not sure if you want to be running the Airdome right away... They do specifically say not to in their Advanced Tips
Thanks for the heads up.

I almost forgot to talk about the lighting. Both of the LEDs are as far up as they can go, I'm guessing about 40 inches above the top of the pots and I only have one on Veg right now. That's about 5000 lux on top of the pots. I realize lux is not any substitute for a PAR meter but I think it gives you a good indication of intensity and the best location to intercept that intensity. Once the girls get above ground and looking healthy I will consider flipping on the other one.

Last edited:
I'd turn on the other led and keep them at 30 inches for seedlings. I tested the Platinum p300 and its a good light! Like Hans suggested, wait until day 18-20 until a root zone can be established, to turn on the air domes. Water daily @ 5.8 ph and just a little each day! .5-1 ml per L and 1/2 that with carboload and on the voodoo! Day 18-20 you should work up a 4 gallon(16L) rez and go with that and see how they do on feed. Make sure you you put the airdomes on the timer too! Sub'd up for this and looking forward to watching you rock this tent and fill it up!:headbang: Add your cal/mag FIRST then stir well, then add your A & B stirring in between each, then the additives and stir some more! We are talking Chelation baby!:thumbsup:

I'd turn on the other led and keep them at 30 inches for seedlings. I tested the Platinum p300 and its a good light! Like Hans suggested, wait until day 18-20 until a root zone can be established, to turn on the air domes. Water daily @ 5.8 ph and just a little each day! .5-1 ml per L and 1/2 that with carboload and on the voodoo! Day 18-20 you should work up a 4 gallon(16L) rez and go with that and see how they do on feed. Make sure you you put the airdomes on the timer too! Sub'd up for this and looking forward to watching you rock this tent and fill it up!:headbang: Add your cal/mag FIRST then stir well, then add your A & B stirring in between each, then the additives and stir some more! We are talking Chelation baby!:thumbsup:
Thanks for the words of support. I have already turned off the air pump. Although in a future grow I want to play with that idea. Maybe turn on the air to one from the start and the other do as autopot says to do and leave it off.

So you water everyday, even for a seedling? Also, I have never used carboload before and can't find it in the nutrient calculator on their website. Do you feed from the start and how much? I try to keep it simple but with AD you can get crazy fast. :pass: As for the lights I planned on turning on the second one as soon as the girls stick their heads out of the ground. I have actually fried a plant once with these light so I like to take it easy at first.

Subbed bro good luck with your grow.personally i take no notice of what autopot say because they dont grow cannabis and you cant even mention it to them.and as you have already seen we all have different ideas how to grow in the autopots.so just go with what you prefer.i use clay pebbles just rinsed no ph checking,i run my lights and airdomes 24/7 and i never ever check ph/ppm/ec.you will find what works for you bro thats the great thing about growing cannabis so many different ways to achieve the same result which makes it so much fun so when you get bored growing one way you can change whenever you feel like it

Back