Honey

Hi Autoimmune!
You make a very good point...local raw honey helps with local allergies.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/death-and-extinction-of-the-bees/5375684
a type of insecticide called neonicotinoids, is known to cause acute and chronic poisoning not just of one bee, but the entire colony. Bees take the contaminated nectar and pollen spread through the plant’s DNA back to the hive, creating a highly toxic living environment for all the bees. Toxicity builds up destroying the Central Nervous System, causing further disorientation and bees ultimately can neither fly nor make it back to the nest. Meanwhile, unlike the US, in Europe and Australia where the health of insects and humans is deemed more important than corporate profit, laws banning insecticide use have been passed, which in large part has largely saved the bee populations from being so decimated there.

A study last year found 35 pesticides and fungicides, some at lethal doses, in the pollen collected from bees that were used to pollinate food crops in five U.S. states. In another research study, bees that contacted pollen contaminated with fungicides ended up three times more likely to get infected by a parasite closely associated with Colony Collapse Disorder.
Another probable factor in America is the widespread use of feeding bee colonies with high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) instead of its natural self-made food honey. For maximum profit, industrialized US bee farms utilize maximum honey yields, not leaving any honey for the bees to consume during the long colder winter months. It is speculated that the natural hormonal and enzyme effects interacting with honey’s natural nutritional advantages provided bees with the increased defenses that historically have been effective in fighting off parasitic threats and viruses. In contrast, the artificially processed HFCS is believe to weaken the immune system of the honeybees’ genetic strength to ward off disease.

Also: I am very new here and was wondering if there is a place for medical discussions. I was hoping to find people with autoimmune disorders that are treating themselves with cannabis. I am very interested in hearing their experiences and have an opportunity to learn from each other. Thank you.

Welcome to the Medical Forum!
I didn't find a thread specifically on Autoimmune disorders..You could start a thread, we would Love to hear your experiences.

Since you are new to the Medical section, a good place to start is our PH Plan Quick Start . In our PH Positive Health section.
In
Medicinal Cannabis Recipes / Articles you will find ways to use the whole plant and the excess from your harvest for medicine (not for college students!).
And Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food (you are here!)

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or if I can help with anything. :pass:

A study last year found 35 pesticides and fungicides, some at lethal doses, in the pollen collected from bees that were used to pollinate food crops in five U.S. states. In another research study, bees that contacted pollen contaminated with fungicides ended up three times more likely to get infected by a parasite closely associated with Colony Collapse Disorder.
You probably won't be surprised that the USDA isn't concerned with any of that. They are focusing on the Varroa mites. Thankfully, we haven't had a any problems with our bees, other than losses due to acts of nature. Early/late freezes, and one colony decided to swarm and leave their hive for a tree that was then hit by lightning. Poor things:sad: We are fully organic here, so hopefully this colony will decide to stay and thrive.

Thanks for the info and directions. Look forward to talking with you some more. I'll be happy to start a thread, I just wasn't sure where was the appropriate place.

Good luck with your bees. My family raised bees while I was growing up. I miss the smell and always having honey.

You can start a thread anywhere (like General Medical Discussion)...if we have a better place to put it, we can move it.

We raise bees on our farm, and the USDA has been calling and sending us all kinds of questionnaires about our bee population. You know it's a problem if the government has noticed :rolleyes1: Anyway, just some food for thought.

Ah..Bees..you Too Root..I never knew..:d5:..I feel an Info swap coming on.
You tell me what you know about bees and I'll tell you what I know about Autoimmune diseases.

A big majority of everything we treat on the med section is autoimmune Linked...our treatments would Probably work for you and they are cheap and easy to try...we use them in conjunction with canna.

I can give you an easy way to find out if our homework would work for you if you have either a PH meter or a thermometer. :thumbsup:

Also: I am very new here and was wondering if there is a place for medical discussions. I was hoping to find people with autoimmune disorders that are treating themselves with cannabis. I am very interested in hearing their experiences and have an opportunity to learn from each other. Thank you.

Hi there. I've been reading in the med section about PH. It's very interesting. In fact, I do have a PH meter and I'm going to try to remember to test mine today.
I'm very interested in you treatments and learning how to appropriately use cannabis. How much, how often, what strains. I've been using myself as a test subject and would be thrilled to have some guidance.
I'll head over and start a thread after I test my PH. Seems like a good starting point.

I'll be thrilled to share what I know about bees, but they are really my husbands hobby. Anything I don't know I can ask him....he loves to talk about them:biggrin: I can hook you up as far as dairy cows, chickens, horses, and Llamas :thumbsup:

In fact, I do have a PH meter and I'm going to try to remember to test mine today.

Test for 4 days..before bed..when you get up in the morning..and a test between 2pm and 4 pm..when you feel as f you are flagging a bit..:thumbsup:
All of our Healing is done at night..so it is important that we know what you are going to bed at..and how much it drops by morning.
Do you get insomnia..?

Are you on a lot of prescription meds..?

I'm very interested in you treatments and learning how to appropriately use cannabis. How much, how often, what strains. I've been using myself as a test subject and would be thrilled to have some guidance.

We can Help. PH will help us see how sick you are and we can work from there.

I'll be thrilled to share what I know about bees, but they are really my husbands hobby. Anything I don't know I can ask him....he loves to talk about them:biggrin:

All I'm looking for is a bit of general advice...like how Hard is it for a noob to Learn beekeeping..?

The start up kit is quite expensive and I don't want to spend money on something I can't do..or kill a load of bees with my inexperience..:biggrin:

I can hook you up as far as dairy cows, chickens, horses, and Llamas :thumbsup:

Llamas too...:d5:..WOW.....
I can imagine my hubby fainting now if I asked for a llama...:coffee:

See how many of these you can check off....:thumbsup:

Self Check List
#1.*Can you touch your Toes..easily..?
count 1 point if you answer no.........................

#2.*Do you have a crease on your ear-lobe..?
count 1 point if you answer yes.......................

#3.*Do you have all the half-moons on your fingernails..?
count 1 point for every one you have Missing.......................

#4.*Do you have a family History of Arthritis..?
count 1 point for a yes.........................................

#5.*Do you have Nerve pain..?
count 1 point for yes...........................

#6.*Do you have a family history of any other Autoimmune disease..?
count 1 point for any AID.........................................................................

#7.*Do you have a family history of Diabetes type 2..?
count 1 point for yes...........................................................

#8.*Do you have a family history of Osteoporosis..?
count 1 point for a yes........................................................

#9.*Do you get Migraines..?
count 1 point for yes...................................................

#10.*Do you have Restless Legs..?
count 1 point for yes..................................................

#11.*Do you have shoulder/neck spasms..?
count 1 point for yes..............................................

#12.*Do you have Fibromyalgia..?
count 1 point for yes........................................

#13.*Do you look prematurely Wrinkled..?
count 1 point for yes...........................................

#14.*Do you suffer from Depression..?
count 1 point for yes.........................................

#15.*Do you suffer from SAD..?
count 1 point for yes.................................................

#16.*Do you want to Hibernate in the winter..?
count 1 point for yes..................................................

#17.*Do you have a family history of Altzheimers..?
count 1 point for yes.................................................

#18.*Do you suspect you have a carbohydrate sensitivity..?
count 1 point for yes..............................................................

#19. Do you suffer from Insomnia...?
count 5 points for yes.....................................

#20. Are you Tired all the Time..?
count 5 points for yes.........................................

Have you Forgotten your Score..?......damn..Brain-Fog add another 5 points...

If you have answered Yes to 3 or more of the above the chances are that you Are already in a Low PH situation with a Magnesium deficiency..and you Need to adjust your diet/PH to avoid a Long Term Chronic Illness.

See how many of these you can check off....:thumbsup:

I only came here wondering why i cant PM Mossy but this is a great thread!

Most of my family became Vegan and "Natural" a few years ago but some of us (Me) still occasionally indulge in some meaty dishes but i still always look for natural remedy's and introduced them all to canna for alot of things.

Id say more but too preoccupied atm......maybe later

I only came here wondering why i cant PM Mossy but this is a great thread!

I have my mails switched off..with site duties I don't get a chance to answer them very often and it offends people..:toke:

Most of my family became Vegan and "Natural" a few years ago but some of us (Me) still occasionally indulge in some meaty dishes but i still always look for natural remedy's and introduced them all to canna for alot of things.

:d5:

That list makes me anxious....

It is just a Tool for us check if you are showing signs of low PH/Cal/Mag deficiency.
PH meter does exactly the same..:thumbsup:..but lots of people don't have a PH meter

Back