How long should I keep my nutrient water for?

Sir Chiefs a Lot1

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
The title says it all. I've had a gallon of MC in a gallon jug for two weeks now and that's what I've been using for my plant. Should I throw it out and mix a new gallon or can I use what I have until it's gone?

The title says it all. I've had a gallon of MC in a gallon jug for two weeks now and that's what I've been using for my plant. Should I throw it out and mix a new gallon or can I use what I have until it's gone?
Interesting question, I’ve had synthetic nutrients in my reservoir for up to two weeks before and never saw a problem with it. Maybe mix a little less next time. :smoking: Captain obvious here. One thing I like about MC is with a decent $15 scale you can weigh out as little as a liters worth and mix it up fresh. That’s what I do for my seedlings and clones.

I mixed 500g to 1qt warm water and have been using it at 2ml per gallon for seedlings
4ml veg 6ml flower/bloom and will up to 8ml tomorrow. Ppm come out perfect to greenleafs chart

Interesting question, I’ve had synthetic nutrients in my reservoir for up to two weeks before and never saw a problem with it. Maybe mix a little less next time. :smoking: Captain obvious here. One thing I like about MC is with a decent $15 scale you can weigh out as little as a liters worth and mix it up fresh. That’s what I do for my seedlings and clones.

I mixed 500g to 1qt warm water and have been using it at 2ml per gallon for seedlings
4ml veg 6ml flower/bloom and will up to 8ml tomorrow. Ppm come out perfect to greenleafs chart

Those sound like great ideas. Although I don't like having a scale im the house. But I have measuring spoons so I could measure an 1/8 tsp to a 1/4 gallon and that would be the same as mixing 2g/gal.

I like it better adding liquid nutes. Seems to disolve and mix better also. Mines in a glass spaghetti sauce jar lol

I might have to try that, I like metrics though when playing with chemistry so will stick with 500g MC/1000ml water. Does the MC stay in solution at that ratio?

Sry not a metric guy but my next round will be 2qts to 500g. Does seem a bit thick and has some sediment after 3 days of sitting. But a good shake and its ready to go.

Sry not a metric guy but my next round will be 2qts to 500g. Does seem a bit thick and has some sediment after 3 days of sitting. But a good shake and its ready to go.
How old are ur seedling that are getting the MC?

Back