Harvest & Curing Humidity for Vaping

Mozzy

growing
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Based on all the things I've learned from the smart folks here, I jarred up my last few harvests when they got down into the low 60%s RH and have kept them there for months, including the stuff used daily...however, I very rarely smoke anymore and 90%+ of use is through an old Volcano at ~7.5 temp.

Ideally, is the RH of what you would smoke, higher than the RH of what you would vape? It feels like ~62% is a little high if you're only vaping, and the high 50%s seems a little easier to grind and get extraction from...would love your thoughts :baked:

I used volcanos for 20+ years. I like the higher humidity just because you get better 2nd and 3rd bags. Think I used to run just under 7. And you've still got a knob volcano that's still running? That's awesome

I prefer my vapable to be 62%. I've found it tends to burn quicker(actually combust), and is more harsh any lower than that..Though personal preference is highly subjective.
:pass:

I used volcanos for 20+ years. I like the higher humidity just because you get better 2nd and 3rd bags. Think I used to run just under 7. And you've still got a knob volcano that's still running? That's awesome
To be fair, I think it is less than a decade old still; but yeah, the Classic is a daily tank if nothing else 🌋.

What did you move on to and how do you feel about it (...assuming you're still vaping)?

I went from an original to a digital. Now an arizer one. I don't really use it much anymore

I don't much care about vaping humidity or the humidity (lack of) in my tent for that matter. As long as I get a proper high, that's good enough for me. I have a very whacky micro climate.

I don't much care about vaping humidity or the humidity (lack of) in my tent for that matter. As long as I get a proper high, that's good enough for me. I have a very whacky micro climate.
I think they're asking specifically about the storage RH in cured flower jars, not about growing or drying conditions. Like, "how dry do you store cured flower if you're expecting it will all be vaporized rather than smoked?".

I prefer a little more humidity, like 62% rather than 58% when using Boveda/Integra packs, but it may be a matter of personal taste. I mostly use a dynavap, if it matters.

I think they're asking specifically about the storage RH in cured flower jars, not about growing or drying conditions. Like, "how dry do you store cured flower if you're expecting it will all be vaporized rather than smoked?".

I prefer a little more humidity, like 62% rather than 58% when using Boveda/Integra packs, but it may be a matter of personal taste. I mostly use a dynavap, if it matters.
Ah, I see now. And I'm not even high. Yeah, I utilize Boveda as well. With a long cure best.

Thanks; and you articulated what I was asking well:cheers:

How do you like the Dynavap? I use an old Mighty for outside/travel, and feel a little disappointed by the performance sometimes, but every time I try to do a little research for better alternatives I start going down the rabbit hole and get so many mixed reviews, or folks say what I have works as good as other devices already, so I give up and stick with what I've got :confused:

Back