Is MC like AN Perfect PH? Or will I need to be very careful with PH?

lunarman

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Reaction score
I'm liking the AN Perfect PH Sensi AandB nutes because basically I don't need to worry about PH. I know its not really perfect because the solution may be OK but what happens at the roots with PH may be another story. But after 40 days of continuous use I find AN Perfect PH is PH worry free for me.

I'll be using some coco but never more than 50% coco. I'm mixing coco and HP Promix these days.

I'm curious if Mega Crop is (not sure how to say this) sensitive to PH? Is that even such a thing? Anyway, hope my question is clear and there is a simple answer.

I've been using MegaCrop for a few weeks with some plants now about 1 week into bloom. I was using 4 g/gal, but have now (just fed the plants) switched to 5 g/gallon (plus HydroGuard, ReCharge, Microbial Munch/carbs, CALiMAGic). This is in AirPots filled with coco/perlite.

JUST FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS! MegaCrop is supposed to be highly chelated like pH Perfect; and just like AN, MegaCrop never even mentions adjusting pH of feed water. Why does seemingly everything think they must go against manufacturers instructions and add more salts/ions that can only interfere with chelated nutrients and their pH Perfect-ness, their bioavailability to roots and plants tissues?

I've recently switched most of my plants' base nutes from AN pH Perfect Connoisseur Bloom A&B to MegaCrop. I use straight tap water, 225-240 ppm, that has worked well for years with AN pH Perfect base without ever checking pH. I am now using MegaCrop as base, and have never checked pH after mixing. Presumably, as long as pH is not ridiculously off-base, as long as you're not adding too much other salts/ions, I presume that as with AN that the pH going in doesn't matter.

I've been using MegaCrop for a few weeks with some plants now about 1 week into bloom. I was using 4 g/gal, but have now (just fed the plants) switched to 5 g/gallon (plus HydroGuard, ReCharge, Microbial Munch/carbs, CALiMAGic). This is in AirPots filled with coco/perlite.

JUST FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS! MegaCrop is supposed to be highly chelated like pH Perfect; and just like AN, MegaCrop never even mentions adjusting pH of feed water. Why does seemingly everything think they must go against manufacturers instructions and add more salts/ions that can only interfere with chelated nutrients and their pH Perfect-ness, their bioavailability to roots and plants tissues?

I've recently switched most of my plants' base nutes from AN pH Perfect Connoisseur Bloom A&B to MegaCrop. I use straight tap water, 225-240 ppm, that has worked well for years with AN pH Perfect base without ever checking pH. I am now using MegaCrop as base, and have never checked pH after mixing. Presumably, as long as pH is not ridiculously off-base, as long as you're not adding too much other salts/ions, I presume that as with AN that the pH going in doesn't matter.

Good to see someone do what I"m thinking of doing and its successful. I "liked" your post very much!

What size of bag did you get? The freebie promo only? I'm thinking of the 9 KG bag. And did you get Sweet Candy too?

Good to see someone do what I"m thinking of doing and its successful. I "liked" your post very much!

What size of bag did you get? The freebie promo only? I'm thinking of the 9 KG bag. And did you get Sweet Candy too?
I'm just using the free ~250 gram MegaCrop sample (and I forgot to mention I'm also using Element X/MegaCrop). No I don't have Sweet Candy, rather I still have some AN Bud Candy, MIcrobial Munch and CarboLoad to use up first.

My ph has always been in reason I like mine @ 6.6 and with MC, SC, and BE, my ph was 6.8 since adding RL my ph is right where I like it 6.6. I'm also getting some Element X to try

Back