is this bud rot?

_state_of_mind_

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I think my first grow is now a bust - so depressing to go through this. She grew up to be a small lady with one main cola, so wasn't expecting much of a harvest, but was hoping for a little bit at least.

Since, I was ready to harvest in a couple of days, I decided to take a deeper look at the plant and started noticing what looked like bud rot in the deeper inner part of the plant (since she is real tiny, it was very hard to notice what was going in).

I have still taken out part of the bud that is green and intact and kept in a separate ziplock while the rest of the plant with what I suspect is rot is in another ziplock bag for now. Can you folks please take a look and let me know what you think?

The final/last image is the part of the bud that I managed to harvest that didn't have any rot in it...

Attachments

• IMG_4518.jpg
    IMG_4518.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4520.jpg
    IMG_4520.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4519.jpg
    IMG_4519.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 63
  • HarvestedBud.jpg
    HarvestedBud.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Thanks for confirming my suspicion - can't be inhaled, right?

I managed to save some that were not infected - can I still dry/cure and use them?
Hello yes you can dry/cure the mould free bud but do not smoke the mould tho it will prob fck your lungs.The prob you had is not enough air movement or to high R/H imho

Hello yes you can dry/cure the mould free bud but do not smoke the mould tho it will prob fck your lungs.The prob you had is not enough air movement or to high R/H imho

understood - thanks much! yes, it was likely the lack of air movement that caused this...

it was likely the lack of air movement that caused this...

Don't let it get you down, I'm on my first and also fighting the same problem although I'm outdoors and presently all photo's. I would venture that besides air the humidity was too high too often and no reasonable volume of air flow would have stopped it, as with mine. Best of luck with your next one, they won't all rot on you.

Don't let it get you down, I'm on my first and also fighting the same problem although I'm outdoors and presently all photo's. I would venture that besides air the humidity was too high too often and no reasonable volume of air flow would have stopped it, as with mine. Best of luck with your next one, they won't all rot on you.
thank you for the words of encouragement - this grow started outdoors but due to continuous cloudy days and rain, I ended up moving it to a DIY custom grow cabinet. My inline fan didn't arrive on time (hard to source some of these items here), which caused reduced air flow and at times increased humidity.

I think one of the major contributors for this was my multiple attempts to get rid of spider mites - I had to spray bio based sprays many times deep inside the plant and I am fairly certain this caused moisture to accumulate there for too long and the humidity essentially acted as the perfect condition. Rot happened so quickly that in a matter of a week or so, most of the plant was gone :(

Good luck with your grow - hope you get an awesome harvest.

Reactions: EP3
You live and learn from this bro but i have a rule once i goes outdoors it never comes back in as you can bring tons of bugs ect also i had some mould myself this time around indoor and outdoor

You live and learn from this bro but i have a rule once i goes outdoors it never comes back in as you can bring tons of bugs ect also i had some mould myself this time around indoor and outdoor

Thanks - I think I will stick to that rule going forward. Like you said, live and learn :)

Reactions: EP3
Bud rot here as well. Luckily I caught it before it spread from the affected bud, harvested 2 weeks before I had planned.
To avoid bud rot when curing the buds , I put the buds in one of those hanging baskets and blew a fan on them at high speed for 4 days. They were down to 59% moisture and now I am starting the jar cure.

61YIkNNlNbL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Back