Afraid of bud rot

_~JAB~_

Qualified Live Stoner
Reaction score
What are the chances of bud rot or mold on this gal? I've never had a yellowing dying leaf problem in flower so IDK when enough is enough and pull the plug to dodge the risk of mold. My temp is around 75-80°F and humidity averages 45-50% until today since it rained it raised into the 60s but I got it down to the 50s now.
IMG_20240427_092939946~3.jpg

What are the chances of bud rot or mold on this gal? I've never had a yellowing dying leaf problem in flower so IDK when enough is enough and pull the plug to dodge the risk of mold. My temp is around 75-80°F and humidity averages 45-50% until today since it rained it raised into the 60s but I got it down to the 50s now.
View attachment 1679566
Them bitches like a fan blowing on or around them---if you got one on them you shouldn't have a mold problem from the environmental conditions you described.

Them bitches like a fan blowing on or around them---if you got one on them you shouldn't have a mold problem from the environmental conditions you described.
Ok I have a 6in at the top of tent blowing down and I have my tent top opened and a big fan blowing to lower the humidity so they should be fine then I hope. Some of the leaves are starting to get crispy so I'm plucking them before they are engulfed by the bud 🤣 everyday task. I'm chopping at day 63 regardless you think she will be fine for 9 more days?

Ok I have a 6in at the top of tent blowing down and I have my tent top opened and a big fan blowing to lower the humidity so they should be fine then I hope. Some of the leaves are starting to get crispy so I'm plucking them before they are engulfed by the bud 🤣 everyday task. I'm chopping at day 63 regardless you think she will be fine for 9 more days?
Just keep an eye---yes.

That does not look like bud rot to me. In my personal experience, the one time I had a plant with bud rot, the cola leaves turned yellow from the inside out, and they just pulled right out with ease.
Yours appear to be yellowing from the tips inward. From what I can see.
Pull on a leaf, and if it comes out with zero resistance, then you got a problem. If she holds on or just the yellow breaks off, your ok.
Them flowers look pretty nice, hope she's ok. My plant that got it, was the best looking plant I ever grew, depressed the shit out of me.

Last edited:
That does not look like bud rot to me. In my personal experience, the one time I had a plant with bud rot, the cola leaves turned yellow from the inside out, and they just pulled right out with ease.
Yours appear to be yellowing from the tips inward. From what I can see.
Pull on a leaf, and if it comes out with zero resistance, then you got a problem. If she holds on or just the yellow breaks off, your ok.
Them flowers look pretty nice, hope she's ok. My plant that got it, was the best looking plant I ever grew, depressed the shit out of me.
No it's not bud rot yet just afraid of it turning into that due to the dying leaves. But the stems are still strong just the tips break off. Idw a dead leaf inside the bud though from what I'm reading that can cause bud rot in the drying process.

Binder clips around the outside of the bag with wire/pipe cleaners/rope whatever and you can pull those buds that are touching each other apart a little. Rot will usually be where buds are touching and no air gets between. But careful not to snap the branches at this point

Binder clips around the outside of the bag with wire/pipe cleaners/rope whatever and you can pull those buds that are touching each other apart a little. Rot will usually be where buds are touching and no air gets between. But careful not to snap the branches at this point
Ok I just went and did that. Humidity is down to 50% now and I got a fan blowing. Hopefully all good!

Back