Lighting Just throwing this out here, you have a $400.00 target ( not set in stone), what l light are you buying ?

:baked: What's your methodology for DLI in a tent that big...maps, apps, meters/how do think about your average with varying height plants in different places throughout?
Very generically. I use the Photone app with the diffuser. I measure from the top of canopy(average) moving over and between plants. A couple might be a tad high, a couple might be a tad low. Everything is bumped until the lowest value found in the tent is 60. So there’s a bit more in the hot spots, but no less than 60 on the edges. The lights are still dialed back quite a bit. On the HLG dials it is 50-55 on all 3. Am running 18/6.
image.jpg

Edit: I’d bet you could get away with one of these in a 4x4 running autos. Might have to bump the time a bit, and the edges would suffer some.

I’m not sure you could do a decent job with one in a 4x4 with photos.

I don’t think there’s the power in one to Hit the DLI on 12/12 or 11/13.

But with the three, not an issue.

Absolutely rockin light.

Last edited:
I love my DIY cobs, but I'd go with a Mars FC-E4800 for around $400. I'd really try to spend a bit more for the FC-4800, every little bit of efficiency is less heat to deal with.

@Vapo are you lighting a 4'x4' with a 315w CMH? Feels perfect for a 3'x3'. I think you'd need one of those cmh double bulb 630w setups for a 4x4'. (should still come in budget)

Last edited:
Very generically. I use the Photone app with the diffuser. I measure from the top of canopy(average) moving over and between plants. A couple might be a tad high, a couple might be a tad low. Everything is bumped until the lowest value found in the tent is 60. So there’s a bit more in the hot spots, but no less than 60 on the edges. The lights are still dialed back quite a bit. On the HLG dials it is 50-55 on all 3. Am running 18/6.
View attachment 1662172

Edit: I’d bet you could get away with one of these in a 4x4 running autos. Might have to bump the time a bit, and the edges would suffer some.

I’m not sure you could do a decent job with one in a 4x4 with photos.

I don’t think there’s the power in one to Hit the DLI on 12/12 or 11/13.

But with the three, not an issue.

Absolutely rockin light.
You bring up a pretty important point. To meet your DLI with photos, you only have 12 hours to get done what you have eighteen or twenty-four hours to meet the DLI with autos.

Photos or autos, you still have to have the intensity for light penetration and for firmer buds.

I love my DIY cobs, but if I'd go with a Mars FC-E4800 for around $400. I'd really try to spend a bit more for the FC-4800, every little bit of efficiency is less heat to deal with.

@Vapo are you lighting a 4'x4' with a 315w CMH? Feels perfect for a 3'x3'. I think you'd need one of those cmh double bulb 630w setups for a 4x4'. (should still come in budget)
Yeah, you are totally right dude😂you would need a 630w setup for a space that size...I took absolutely no notice of the size he is lighting haha :crying: ....I just love my CMH and I thought I should shout up for them as they are underrated and amazing lights....my tent is under 3' x 3' btw but I have an upgrade to a 3' x 3' waiting to go up 😄😄

Well, this just popped up in my feed and looks pretty interesting. I have no idea About the company but he seems to like it.
4 of them will be a very interesting with the overlapping Light patterns.

I officially got $450 max to spend on a new light. I got a discount code from HLG and can get the 350 Diablo for $411. I’m in a 5x5. I’m really feeling the 350 Diablo. I could also get a viparspectra KS5000 for like $370. Or even a mars hydro FC4800, though I’d have to try to find a discount code. What do you guys think? Any other options?

I officially got $450 max to spend on a new light. I got a discount code from HLG and can get the 350 Diablo for $411. I’m in a 5x5. I’m really feeling the 350 Diablo. I could also get a viparspectra KS5000 for like $370. Or even a mars hydro FC4800, though I’d have to try to find a discount code. What do you guys think? Any other options?

To fully light a 5'x5' you probably want 600w+, like the FC/E 6500, or like a referb hlg 600/650/700 close to the same price.

Last edited:
You can get 2 tsl2000 direct from @Marshydro with code AFN for $403 shipped. 5x5 tent is kind of a weird size. I don't know those particular lights but I've liked all the Mars lights I've had
Screenshot_20240201-183923.png

To fully light a 5'x5' you probably want 600w+, like the FC/E 6500, or like a referb hlg 600/650/700 close to the same price.
The fce6500 is a bit too expensive for me. Hlg is sold out of most of their referbs unfortunately. I know for my price range it would be hard to find a full 5x5 light. But I don’t think I’ll ever use all of my 5x5.
You can get 2 tsl2000 direct from @Marshydro with code AFN for $403 shipped. 5x5 tent is kind of a weird size. I don't know those particular lights but I've liked all the Mars lights I've had
View attachment 1663073
Thanks for the info. I’ll have to look into these.

Back