Lighting Just throwing this out here, you have a $400.00 target ( not set in stone), what l light are you buying ?

pias

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
$400.00 target, not set in stone, what light are you buying. Gorilla 4x4 tent.

Last edited:
Tent matters for spread to make the right choice…. So what tent you running? Bar style lights are great. FC series by Mars Hydro or similar. I love my Vivosun Aerolight but it’s not cost competitive compared to most other lights

For that price, depending on footprint, and where you are, you could get a HLG 350 (on sale periodically); which I've heard enough good things about, to consider for your hypothetical :baked:

I agree with everyone else marshydro or HLG. They are both active on AFN so if any issue arise they should be worked out in a reasonable timeframe. I would go as big as you can afford you can always turn the light turn down but it’s really hard to give it more power if needed. Plus it will run cooler not running at 100%

Last edited:
I have a @Marshydro FC-E 4800 in my 4x4. It fits great and leaves enough room on one side for a decent sized filter/fan setup. They list it on their website for $440-ish but it goes on sale regularly, and I think right now for $373.

The regular FC-4800 has Samsung chips and is $500+
The FC-E4800 uses Bridgelux chips.

I have not been dissapointed at all in the Bridgelux LEDs. The fit and finish on the Mars kit is not as nice as some of the others out there but you are paying for function over form. They give you a lot of light for the money so decide if that is important to you. The FCE in particular has a wangly wiring setup. It's out of the way but you do have connectors and wires hanging outside the frame. It's easy to manage but be aware.

I still recommend it at $400 for a 4x4 space.

Here are some pics of mine: Make sure you have 4 ratchet hangers or you won't get much height.

p1030873-jpg.1435819

The wiring harness: All the bars connect into one cord and this setup allows you to move and position the bars

p1030881-jpg.1435821

p1030880-jpg.1435822

If you don't use 4 rope ratchets, one on each corner, the supplied steel hangers will only get you 52" of height.

p1030885-jpg.1435829

One of the nice things about the FC line is that each bar is wired separately. This allows you to remove bars if you want less light for seedlings on one side, or to zip tie some of them to tent poles for side light

I have a @Marshydro FC-E 4800 in my 4x4. It fits great and leaves enough room on one side for a decent sized filter/fan setup. They list it on their website for $440-ish but it goes on sale regularly, and I think right now for $373.

The regular FC-4800 has Samsung chips and is $500+
The FC-E4800 uses Bridgelux chips.

I have not been dissapointed at all in the Bridgelux LEDs. The fit and finish on the Mars kit is not as nice as some of the others out there but you are paying for function over form. They give you a lot of light for the money so decide if that is important to you. The FCE in particular has a wangly wiring setup. It's out of the way but you do have connectors and wires hanging outside the frame. It's easy to manage but be aware.

I still recommend it at $400 for a 4x4 space.

Here are some pics of mine: Make sure you have 4 ratchet hangers or you won't get much height.

p1030873-jpg.1435819

The wiring harness: All the bars connect into one cord and this setup allows you to move and position the bars

p1030881-jpg.1435821

p1030880-jpg.1435822

If you don't use 4 rope ratchets, one on each corner, the supplied steel hangers will only get you 52" of height.

p1030885-jpg.1435829
Great response, I appreciate the effort.

Back