Lighting Just throwing this out here, you have a $400.00 target ( not set in stone), what l light are you buying ?

I officially got $450 max to spend on a new light. I got a discount code from HLG and can get the 350 Diablo for $411. I’m in a 5x5. I’m really feeling the 350 Diablo. I could also get a viparspectra KS5000 for like $370. Or even a mars hydro FC4800, though I’d have to try to find a discount code. What do you guys think? Any other options?

The fce6500 is a bit too expensive for me. Hlg is sold out of most of their referbs unfortunately. I know for my price range it would be hard to find a full 5x5 light. But I don’t think I’ll ever use all of my 5x5.

Thanks for the info. I’ll have to look into these.

I'd be looking at marshydro or be sure to check medic grow lights and get the most wattage you can afford. Ideally If you could come a little on the budget maybe wait little longer you'd get a much better light fit for a 5x5. Plus I imagine some sales coming 4/20 is just around the corner:thumbsup:

I'd be looking at marshydro or be sure to check medic grow lights and get the most wattage you can afford. Ideally If you could come a little on the budget maybe wait little longer you'd get a much better light fit for a 5x5. Plus I imagine some sales coming 4/20 is just around the corner:thumbsup:
Now I’m checking out the medic grow lights. Their smart 8 light looks awesome. 760w and I can get it for around $550. Hmm might have to find another $100 somewhere.

Now I’m checking out the medic grow lights. Their smart 8 light looks awesome. 760w and I can get it for around $550. Hmm might have to find another $100 somewhere.

I've need used but I have seen some folks talk about them I believe @N/A-Greengo runs some medic grow lights

Here's the review for the smart 8 from cocoforcannabis.com there is a 10% coupon on his site don't know if it's still good or not :toke:

Shit the mars hydro smart FC 6500 is 25%off right now and I could get that for almost the same price as the medic grow fixture

Yes that's the deal and that should have Samsung diodes. I was going to get a MH light of my 5x5 I'm setting up but I splurged on a HLG Tomahawk :doh:

Yes that's the deal and that should have Samsung diodes. I was going to get a MH light of my 5x5 I'm setting up but I splurged on a HLG Tomahawk :doh:
Man, I really like the medic grow but it’s hard to compete with Samsung diodes for the same price. The fc6500 is only 30w less too. I need to watch the migro review of the fc6500

Man, I really like the medic grow but it’s hard to compete with Samsung diodes for the same price. The fc6500 is only 30w less too. I need to watch the migro review of the fc6500

Yeah it's really good deal says flash sale Growers Thursday so I don't know how long it will last.... The FCE is a good light too @Frankthetank is running one in his 5x5 it's the same light as the FC just budget friendly diodes if you miss that sale.. It really is a tough decisions I was going crossed eyed looking at all the lights :dizzy:

I know it's out of your budget range (maybe 420 sale will knock $100 off) But this is the frontrunner for my next upgrade.

I know it's out of your budget range (maybe 420 sale will knock $100 off) But this is the frontrunner for my next upgrade.

“The newly engineered spectrum effectively inhibits the growth of harmful microorganisms, such as bacteria and fungi, ensuring longer-lasting storability of your crops.”

Just one of the features of that light. Looks like a sweet new light. Wish it was just $150 cheaper. Nice to see ya hog :pass:

Also that mars hydro app got some awful reviews. Almost defeats the purpose of a smart light. Might make me go with the medic grow. Damn the MH sale ends soon

I've need used but I have seen some folks talk about them I believe @N/A-Greengo runs some medic grow lights

Here's the review for the smart 8 from cocoforcannabis.com there is a 10% coupon on his site don't know if it's still good or not :toke:

I have a Medic Grow Mini Sun 2 320 in a 3x3 and it's been an excellent light.

:d5:

Last edited:
Back