Landraces middle east

Amnesica

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does someone know of landraces in countries in the middle east extended area like Egypt, Tunisia, Libano,Saudl, Quatar, etc?
I am aware Egypt has a long history related with hash and weed and also lot of other countries like Magreb.

I was wondering if someone had never had seeds or tried some crossing with them or any info.

Thanks
A

Other than growing in Lebanon for hash-making, I've never heard of cannabis being grown in Middle East countries (not counting Pakistan or Morrrocco), and never seen seeds being sold linked to this region. I presume there are very strict laws against cannabis enforced in most of these territories..
Israel, a leader in academic and commercial cannabis-related research and development (Mechoulam, etc.), is where you might want to look. Medical use is legal/regulated there, and the country is reportedly gearing up for recreational use (including end-user growing?`) and becoming a (if not the world's) major cannabis exporter. If seeds are now or became legal there, look to see if there are any Israeli seed sellers with regional 'landrace' strains.

Last edited:
Thank Bll,
I was having a tea with some friends from Tunisia and Egypt and they were told me history of how they used ( particularly in the past...far octoman past, but also the '70) not just to smoke, but doing editable with them.

I was quite impressed as in some of this countries the simple possession of seeds could entail jail, extradition, including more sever and physical punishment.

Of course several of these qualities are ..... For sure not bought from seedbanks....maybe crosses between male and female or maybe are landrace somehow.

Thanks anyway

Just looking at what UK-based Sinai offers, why are so few, hardly any, of these regional strains been converted to auto?

I presume there would be a ready market for auto landraces, if only classics (from decades ago when all pot was imported) such as Panama and Lebanese red, whatever strain(s) were used for Thai sticks, etc.? It's even hard to find auto versions of classic Mexican (e.g., Oaxacan; I remember 3 foot long colas) and Jamaican strains.

Just looking at what UK-based Sinai offers, why are so few, hardly any, of these regional strains been converted to auto?

I presume there would be a ready market for auto landraces, if only classics (from decades ago when all pot was imported) such as Panama and Lebanese red, whatever strain(s) were used for Thai sticks, etc.? It's even hard to find auto versions of classic Mexican (e.g., Oaxacan; I remember 3 foot long colas) and Jamaican strains.
Ace has landrace seeds and some auto landraces

Back