How I made a Freakshow autoflower.

PollenSax

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Smoking Monkey's Durban Poison Auto
Hi guys, I've been keeping logs of turning a Freakshow into an autoflower on YT. My channel is under the same name as here "Pollen Sax".
I have a friend who bought some F9's from 7 East Genetics, and I sent him one of my auto crosses, a Fastbud's Gorilla Cookies x Royal Queen Seeds' Green Gelato Automatic just for him to grow.
He crossed his male Freakshow with it, and sent me the F1 seeds, and some pure F10 Freakshow seeds.
I wasn't sure about trying it. I'm not an expert breeder, and got most of my education materials from vegetable breeders as the MJ forums are so full of conflicting info, like what makes a good hybrid even gets argued about, or which F generation is the best (BTW, It's a good F1 for growers. It's a good F8 or more IBL for breeders wanting to make the super Hybrids).
I can do a simple Punnet Square, and have turned a couple photos into autos, a Critical, and a Durban Poison, but I get confused trying to do more than 2 traits, so I was only able to get a rough idea of what I had to do, and what the results would be.
You would think it would take a long time, but the Freakshows gave me an awesome shortcut! They show their fern leaf traits in 1 week!
So here was the process, what I expected, and what really happened.
Hurdle #1, the seeds weren't dried enough and started molding in the bags!
I soaked them in a weak bleach solution for 10 minutes, rinsed, and then dried in front of a fan. I got about 1 in 10 to sprout.

I already knew both traits I was wanting were recessive. The Freakshow leaves are recessive, and so is the autoflowering trait.
I planted the sprouting F1 seeds in solo cups, and grew out about 20 in an old refrigerator I converted to a grow chamber. I thinned them down to the best 7 females, and 1 male.
Just like the Punnet Square says, every one was a normal looking photoperiod plant. Freakshow F1 10 wks (2).jpg

Freakshow F1 10 wks (5).jpg Freakshow F1 10 wks (7).jpg
These were pollinated by one of their brothers to make the F2 seeds.
Now this, the F2's, is where I had to find the autoflowering Freakshows.
I tried to figure it out with the Punnet Square, but it didn't work out right for me.
I formulated a plan though, and that was just to sprout as many as I could in small 72 count seed trays, and discard any that didn't show the leaves.
I only got about 1 in 30 with FS leaves! But thats also when I learned I could cull out the normal plants after a week :)
For about a month I sprouted 144 seeds at a time, over 500 seedlings! I ended up with 19 plants with Freakshow traits, but nly 2 of those autoflowered, and they were both males, and 1 of those was a male hermy!
I did have 1 female that was photoperiod, but she showed her preflowers before the rest, so I put her in 12/12, and pollinated her with the autoflowering male.
Freakshow auto F3 seeds harvest 001_Moment(2).jpg Freakshow auto F3 seeds harvest 001_Moment.jpg
Now this is when I was getting stressed out a little, because according to the Punnet Square, there was a 25% chance the female could be a Photo/Photo, not a Photo/auto, and that would be just like backcrossing, and if I wanted to do that, it would've been better to do that with 1 of the original F10's I got sent.
So I had to wait, and stress for a long time. I almost called it quits, but I took the chance because there was a 75% chance that 50% of these seeds would autoflower!
So I harvested the plants, dried, and replanted the F3's, waited 3 weeks, and BINGO!!!!! I was seeing pistols and male flower pods! Not quite half of them, but close enough for me.
I got my first pair of autoflowering Freakshow plants! Actually 3 females, and I used 1 male.
I pollinated with a paintbrush, and didn't pollinate the colas.
Remember the auto came from 2 of the most potent autoflowers in the world!
Heres the pictures of the Beautiful F3 mother plants. I'm pretty damn pleased with the results, and I'm warning you guys and gals- Smoking weed may or may not be addictive, but breeding sure as hell is!
Freakshow auto F3 photos 7 wks 001.jpg Freakshow auto F3 photos 7 wks 005.jpg Freakshow auto F3 photos 7 wks 006.jpg Freakshow auto F3 photos 7 wks 011.jpg Freakshow auto F3 photos 7 wks 007.jpg

I've already started the F10 FS photo seeds, so I can pick a good female to keep in veg for backcrossing the F4 autos to.
I need to work on the leaves more, and make sure I keep the awesome terpenes going.
It will be easier to breed next time, because I'll be starting with auto and photo plants with Freakshow leaves.
Well, I hope this helps someone else to tackle making their own autoflowers from photos.
If you want to see a lot more of this stuff, I keep video journals of all my breeding projects on YT.
I'll try to post more on here too.
I'll keep you posted on the future Freakshow Auto updates :)

Last edited:
Hi guys, I've been keeping logs of turning a Freakshow into an autoflower on YT. My channel is under the same name as here "Pollen Sax".
I have a friend who bought some F9's from 7 East Genetics, and I sent him one of my auto crosses, a Fastbud's Gorilla Cookies x Royal Queen Seeds' Green Gelato Automatic just for him to grow.
He crossed his male Freakshow with it, and sent me the F1 seeds, and some pure F10 Freakshow seeds.
I wasn't sure about trying it. I'm not an expert breeder, and got most of my education materials from vegetable breeders as the MJ forums are so full of conflicting info, like what makes a good hybrid even gets argued about, or which F generation is the best (BTW, It's a good F1 for growers. It's a good F8 or more IBL for breeders wanting to make the super Hybrids).
I can do a simple Punnet Square, and have turned a couple photos into autos, a Critical, and a Durban Poison, but I get confused trying to do more than 2 traits, so I was only able to get a rough idea of what I had to do, and what the results would be.
You would think it would take a long time, but the Freakshows gave me an awesome shortcut! They show their fern leaf traits in 1 week!
So here was the process, what I expected, and what really happened.
Hurdle #1, the seeds weren't dried enough and started molding in the bags!
I soaked them in a weak bleach solution for 10 minutes, rinsed, and then dried in front of a fan. I got about 1 in 10 to sprout.

I already knew both traits I was wanting were recessive. The Freakshow leaves are recessive, and so is the autoflowering trait.
I planted the sprouting F1 seeds in solo cups, and grew out about 20 in an old refrigerator I converted to a grow chamber. I thinned them down to the best 7 females, and 1 male.
Just like the Punnet Square says, every one was a normal looking photoperiod plant.View attachment 1483824

View attachment 1483825 View attachment 1483826
These were pollinated by one of their brothers to make the F2 seeds.
Now this, the F2's, is where I had to find the autoflowering Freakshows.
I tried to figure it out with the Punnet Square, but it didn't work out right for me.
I formulated a plan though, and that was just to sprout as many as I could in small 72 count seed trays, and discard any that didn't show the leaves.
I only got about 1 in 30 with FS leaves! But thats also when I learned I could cull out the normal plants after a week :)
For about a month I sprouted 144 seeds at a time, over 500 seedlings! I ended up with 19 plants with Freakshow traits, but nly 2 of those autoflowered, and they were both males, and 1 of those was a male hermy!
I did have 1 female that was photoperiod, but she showed her preflowers before the rest, so I put her in 12/12, and pollinated her with the autoflowering male.
View attachment 1483834 View attachment 1483835
Now this is when I was getting stressed out a little, because according to the Punnet Square, there was a 25% chance the female could be a Photo/Photo, not a Photo/auto, and that would be just like backcrossing, and if I wanted to do that, it would've been better to do that with 1 of the original F10's I got sent.
So I had to wait, and stress for a long time. I almost called it quits, but I took the chance because there was a 75% chance that 50% of these seeds would autoflower!
So I harvested the plants, dried, and replanted the F3's, waited 3 weeks, and BINGO!!!!! I was seeing pistols and male flower pods! Not quite half of them, but close enough for me.
I got my first pair of autoflowering Freakshow plants! Actually 3 females, and I used 1 male.
I pollinated with a paintbrush, and didn't pollinate the colas.
Remember the auto came from 2 of the most potent autoflowers in the world!
Heres the pictures of the Beautiful F3 mother plants. I'm pretty damn pleased with the results, and I'm warning you guys and gals- Smoking weed may or may not be addictive, but breeding sure as hell is!
View attachment 1483872 View attachment 1483873 View attachment 1483874 View attachment 1483875 View attachment 1483876

I've already started the F10 FS photo seeds, so I can pick a good female to keep in veg for backcrossing the F4 autos to.
I need to work on the leaves more, and make sure I keep the awesome terpenes going.
It will be easier to breed next time, because I'll be starting with auto and photo plants with Freakshow leaves.
Well, I hope this helps someone else to tackle making their own autoflowers from photos.
If you want to see a lot more of this stuff, I keep video journals of all my breeding projects on YT.
I'll try to post more on here too.
I'll keep you posted on the future Freakshow Auto updates :)

Wow,excellent work. I'd run those in a second ! I'm really enjoying the autoflower revolution

Oh wow, that's some really nice trade you've got there. How's the smoke?
It was really good.
It really surprised me that this plant has so many great qualities.
Not just the stealthy leaves, but I've never smelled a plant like it! It's very strong odor when just barely touching it, and the smell is pine, mint, menthol, and eucalyptus! I've never had weed that smelled like Vick's Vapor rub before.
It had a happy, energetic high too.
It's just that the whole plant was completely seeded, and I have a variety, so I only smoked a couple joints. My wife smoked most of it :)

Dude, if this is real, you got real gold in your hands. I know many people have tried to bred autoflowering freakshow, but no one managed to do that because both autoflower and freakish leaves are recessive genes. Getting both without growing multiple fields full of this, is like winning the lotto.

Please do not let this project go to waste, i am sure that some seed companies would pay pretty good for these genes if you want to make some bucks with this. If you dont plan on making money with these genes, then at least do the world a big favour and spread these genes around. There are many places in the world where summer is too short for photos, cannabis is illegal and where the layman does not know about freakshow looking cannabis. So this would really be a god sent to some northern guerrilla farmers whose plants could be spotted by someone!

Please let me know if you are not going to sell the rights of these genes to a seed company.

Dude, if this is real, you got real gold in your hands. I know many people have tried to bred autoflowering freakshow, but no one managed to do that because both autoflower and freakish leaves are recessive genes. Getting both without growing multiple fields full of this, is like winning the lotto.

Please do not let this project go to waste, i am sure that some seed companies would pay pretty good for these genes if you want to make some bucks with this. If you dont plan on making money with these genes, then at least do the world a big favour and spread these genes around. There are many places in the world where summer is too short for photos, cannabis is illegal and where the layman does not know about freakshow looking cannabis. So this would really be a god sent to some northern guerrilla farmers whose plants could be spotted by someone!

Please let me know if you are not going to sell the rights of these genes to a seed company.
Thanks man, I do plan to sell em, but I'm just not satisfied with them yet.
I may do an early release with some F4's but there would be the rare photoperiods in the mix, but mostly autoflowering seeds. Should be over 80% autos.
I do sell auto seeds, but I don't have a website yet, or a big inventory, and not big enough to advertise. Just word of mouth, and my email address is in all my videos.
Smoking Monkey Genetics is what I call it.
Thanks again for the encouragement!

Back