Lightmix soil-Biotabs-autopot OR Autopot-Coco-a+b

Greenostino

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi growbro’s,

Hope everyone is high and well during these times.

I’m in preparation of my second grow and really hope someone can help me make the best choice.

my setup is:
SF-1000 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light:
  • Energy efficiency (PAR/Watt): 2.9 umol/J
  • Maximum yield: 2,5g/watt
  • Spectrum: 660nm, 3000K, 5000K and IR 760nm
- 27” X 27” X 62” Grow Tent
- 4” Inline Duct Fan
- 4”Carbon filter
Flex Air Aluminum Ducting

- Easy2grow- system(autopot) x4 15L with 47L tank + 4x Airdomes and Tankpump

- Seeds: Dutch Passion Auto Glueberry and Auto Critical Orange and Fat Banana.
= I want to give these baby’s the best.

My doubts are:
Which medium will I use...

Options are:
Plagron Lightmix (1 week feed) 50%| 50% perlite - Biotabs starterkit
Questions: They say you don’t have to adjust PH but the water here is 7,8... so I would down the tank to 6,3? And a bit of calmag since I work with Led

2. Plagron Premium Coco 60%| 30% Perlite - Plagron Coco A+B schedule. Seems a bit tricky due a lot of PH work?
Cal/mag led
3. Lightmix 50%| 50% Perlite and Terra grow and terra bloom feed and calmag.

My first grow was not really great in 15L smartpots without Ph meter and did a lot of mistakes.. reading a lot of books and articles but it’s driving me mad :p
So, I’m new here and would like some help of more experienced people. My reason for growing is when I was 18 I had a major accident and almost lost my leg.. afterwards I started smoking cannabis to help me sleep and for the pain. I’m now 29 and due COVID and a lot of time spending home I got passionate about growing.

Hope someone here can help me decide which direction this one will go :/

I will put the full growdiary on a fitting thread.

High regards,
Stino

Attachments

• FE0CAC69-FF53-4DEC-B7F4-16F667CEF577.jpeg
    FE0CAC69-FF53-4DEC-B7F4-16F667CEF577.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
  • FFCA5713-CC47-4E66-A36F-1968D47E5565.jpeg
    FFCA5713-CC47-4E66-A36F-1968D47E5565.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 54
  • BFCE0619-DFCB-4EB9-9FB1-94F41C56E1B0.jpeg
    BFCE0619-DFCB-4EB9-9FB1-94F41C56E1B0.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 50
  • 9E5C45BA-163D-4AF2-B847-4623F92CE88C.jpeg
    9E5C45BA-163D-4AF2-B847-4623F92CE88C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Hi growbro’s,

Hope everyone is high and well during these times.

I’m in preparation of my second grow and really hope someone can help me make the best choice.

my setup is:
SF-1000 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light:
  • Energy efficiency (PAR/Watt): 2.9 umol/J
  • Maximum yield: 2,5g/watt
  • Spectrum: 660nm, 3000K, 5000K and IR 760nm
- 27” X 27” X 62” Grow Tent
- 4” Inline Duct Fan
- 4”Carbon filter
Flex Air Aluminum Ducting

- Easy2grow- system(autopot) x4 15L with 47L tank + 4x Airdomes and Tankpump

- Seeds: Dutch Passion Auto Glueberry and Auto Critical Orange and Fat Banana.
= I want to give these baby’s the best.

My doubts are:
Which medium will I use...

Options are:
Plagron Lightmix - Biotabs starterkit
Questions: They say you don’t have to adjust PH but the water here is 7,8... so I would down the tank to 6,3? And a bit of calmag since I work with Led

2. Plagron Premium Coco - Plagron Coco A+B schedule. Seems a bit tricky due a lot of PH work?
Cal/mag led
3. Lightmix and Terra grow and terra bloom feed and calmag.

My first grow was not really great in 15L smartpots without Ph meter and did a lot of mistakes.. reading a lot of books and articles but it’s driving me mad :p
So, I’m new here and would like some help of more experienced people. My reason for growing is when I was 18 I had a major accident and almost lost my leg.. afterwards I started smoking cannabis to help me sleep and for the pain. I’m now 29 and due COVID and a lot of time spending home I got passionate about growing.

Hope someone here can help me decide which direction this one will go :/

I will put the full growdiary on a fitting thread.

High regards,
Stino
I am not familiar with your 3 options. I grow in coco/perlite and handwater and I have grown with autopots. I use gh flora trio with calmag---not that I am promoting their product but I feel I have more control of what to provide the plants at different timelines.
From what I gather you are trying to keep it as simple as possible and this is completely understandable.
With your setup, I highly recommend a good quality ph pen, it is so important to me with coco. And I assume you have a decent tds , ppm, or ec meter.
Additionally, the easy to grow pots are rather close together and as the plants grow particularly if they are large strains can cover one another. You may, if you can use the 2.2 pot in the single trays, that way you can maneuver them around better. Just a thought.

I am not familiar with your 3 options. I grow in coco/perlite and handwater and I have grown with autopots. I use gh flora trio with calmag---not that I am promoting their product but I feel I have more control of what to provide the plants at different timelines.
From what I gather you are trying to keep it as simple as possible and this is completely understandable.
With your setup, I highly recommend a good quality ph pen, it is so important to me with coco. And I assume you have a decent tds , ppm, or ec meter.
Additionally, the easy to grow pots are rather close together and as the plants grow particularly if they are large strains can cover one another. You may, if you can use the 2.2 pot in the single trays, that way you can maneuver them around better. Just a thought.

Yeah my PH was 3 weeks late which fucked up a bit my first grow. I have now a HI-98107 pH-tester and TDS meter but also saw sometimes threads with PH problems in the tray. Since I work late hours and can’t always check up on the babies I think lightmix soil is maybe more forgiving.
Also invested on the Easy2grow system and would like to use it and in summer months also take the smartpots and handwater them so I can do a double grow.
Do you think coco will give a better yield then in soil (lightmix)?
Thanks for the tips!

Yeah my PH was 3 weeks late which fucked up a bit my first grow. I have now a HI-98107 pH-tester and TDS meter but also saw sometimes threads with PH problems in the tray. Since I work late hours and can’t always check up on the babies I think lightmix soil is maybe more forgiving.
Also invested on the Easy2grow system and would like to use it and in summer months also take the smartpots and handwater them so I can do a double grow.
Do you think coco will give a better yield then in soil (lightmix)?
Thanks for the tips!
Coco is considered a form of hydroponics which lends itself to larger plants. However, we have all seen some huge soil grows as well. Good luck with your grow.

Thanks.

Maybe I’ll try soil and Biotabs and later coco since my tent is not that big :p

Anybody else with experience in both with some hints or experience?

Pick the grow style that best fits your knowledge/goals.. It sounds like you may already be wrapped up in the calmag craze... So if you like messing around with bottled nutrients, ph'ing and checking ppms all the time, ect.. And understand how it all works, then go with coco.. Soil and bio tabs is the exact opposite.. It's water only until harvest... It sounds like you are leaning towards the hands on type of growing, which would be coco. When I first started growing, my focus was on growing healthy plants from start to finish.. I have never cared about yield. I think it's important for new growers to focus on learning to grow a healthy plant first.. Because only a healthy plant can give you maximum yield. Coco is not forgiving at all. You have to be on your "A" game at all times. It doesn't allow for many 2nd chances.

Pick the grow style that best fits your knowledge/goals.. It sounds like you may already be wrapped up in the calmag craze... So if you like messing around with bottled nutrients, ph'ing and checking ppms all the time, ect.. And understand how it all works, then go with coco.. Soil and bio tabs is the exact opposite.. It's water only until harvest... It sounds like you are leaning towards the hands on type of growing, which would be coco. When I first started growing, my focus was on growing healthy plants from start to finish.. I have never cared about yield. I think it's important for new growers to focus on learning to grow a healthy plant first.. Because only a healthy plant can give you maximum yield. Coco is not forgiving at all. You have to be on your "A" game at all times. It doesn't allow for many 2nd chances.

Thank you!

So, it’s my second grow.

I rather do Lightmix soil - Biotabs and autopot then.
Quality goes above and anything else for me.
It will give me a bit more time to develop more information and skill regarding coco etc

Anybody has advice?
Will add some calmag for the led.
Down Ph Of the tank to 6,3
Maybe order some P-K for blooming and hope I have a good run with these nice strains

The sound of silence.
atleast outdoor is going well
EAA7F19D-49F0-4763-910B-DAAA663CA06A.jpeg

Back