Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This first grow in the 4x4 is a mess! Not thought out very well and all the stuff in Maui has gotten me well behind the 8 ball! I'm breaking my own rules of the 7 P's which for me always leads to crap!

Prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance!

Anyway, here's what's goin on with very little input and environmental control.

The Jungle!
I've already pinched off the big leaf plants twice and used them for cover around the base of the seedlings. Have a Blumat moisture meter coming in at some point this week so I'll have some clue of what's goin on and when to water. Been flying blind with that. 14 gallons is .05%. Need much better sprayer, or watering system!!! Learning a lot what NOT to do!!! Will get my shit together over the next couple of weeks and order the things I think I need!

View attachment 1624530

Got a transplant and overwatered mutant! and...fried one seedling last week as I was dealing with the Maui stuff and didn't check the tent for two days. Left the dome on and it sogged it out... :face:

View attachment 1624531

Others are doin alright and got a couple around a week behind these

View attachment 1624532View attachment 1624533

I'm a F'n mess!!!
Get some scissors and get in there. Cover crop is only gonna keep rockin if you don't. My cover crop grew so much I was chopping it and throwing it in the compost pile, it'll grow right back in a couple weeks. I dig the battery powered backpack sprayers, pretty much everybody makes them now if you've already got batteries, but get the extended warranty

Get some scissors and get in there. Cover crop is only gonna keep rockin if you don't. My cover crop grew so much I was chopping it and throwing it in the compost pile, it'll grow right back in a couple weeks. I dig the battery powered backpack sprayers, pretty much everybody makes them now if you've already got batteries, but get the extended warranty
I tried using Greek Oregano as a cover crop on my first few grows. When I took the root balls apart after harvest, the oregano roots were taking up half the space. So I gave up on cover crops and let the canna roots fill all the space available.

Will chop and deep water tomorrow night. Need to order some Uncle Jims worms. Will order 250. Maybe split between the bed and the garden. Not sure how many worms to put in. Anyone have ideas on how many? Have some Kashi and some Rootwise coming from Build a soil in a couple days but have been using what mycos I had leftover and some recharge someone gave me till the Rootwise comes in. After I get those and the moisture meter, I should be getting my shit together a little better or at least have a baseline for a few things

Will chop and deep water tomorrow night. Need to order some Uncle Jims worms. Will order 250. Maybe split between the bed and the garden. Not sure how many worms to put in. Anyone have ideas on how many? Have some Kashi and some Rootwise coming from Build a soil in a couple days but have been using what mycos I had leftover and some recharge someone gave me till the Rootwise comes in. After I get those and the moisture meter, I should be getting my shit together a little better or at least have a baseline for a few things
Screenshot_20230816-000554.png

I know nothing about the raised beds and cover crop but the one thing I can say after growing in both coco and soil setups with soil I only water a 1/4 of the amount earlier on compared to the coco girls.. Especially with the EB holding moisture in with the covers when I think they need top watered I wait another couple of days.. Guessing your having the same effect with the cover crop holing moisture in the bed

I know nothing about the raised beds and cover crop but the one thing I can say after growing in both coco and soil setups with soil I only water a 1/4 of the amount earlier on compared to the coco girls.. Especially with the EB holding moisture in with the covers when I think they need top watered I wait another couple of days.. Guessing your having the same effect with the cover crop holing moisture in the bed

To some extent, but the exposed areas around the seedlings were drying pretty quickly. Saw on one of the build a soil videos where he was watering about 3/4 a gallon a day to keep the top moist and to keep the humidity up. Not much info in their videos about watering seedlings and especially auto seedlings in a 3x3 or 4x4. Gotta learn the old fashioned way...

Gotta learn the old fashioned way...
Not always the fun but you don't forget it no better way of learning then doing it :headbang: :pass: Soil maybe little hot is the only the other thing that I notice.. I must say it is pretty interesting to see a jungle like that in a tent :toke::bravo::pop::goodluck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back