Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1697141896690.jpg

Anybody know anything about VPNs? My cable company dropped the channel that has my hockey team on it, and it's blacked out in my area even when I pay for a subscription from ESPN. Got no problem paying for the subscription but I think it needs to think that I'm in another area... :pass: :shrug:

I watch a lot of youtube videos and everyone seems to talk about nordVPN as an advertiser. I don't know if that means its good, but I do know a friend of mine uses it for netflix to watch canadian netflix and it works just fine.

Anybody know anything about VPNs? My cable company dropped the channel that has my hockey team on it, and it's blacked out in my area even when I pay for a subscription from ESPN. Got no problem paying for the subscription but I think it needs to think that I'm in another area... :pass: :shrug:
I use my VPN through my anti-virus Bitdefender, but most anti-virus company's offer a VPN add-on.

Ya its stupid how they do that! I have a free mlb.com subscription from T-Mobile offer but my local games are blacked out and u gotta have the damn package for who has streaming rights! I know some teams were buying or reobtaining their rights because Bally’s wasn’t paying what they agreed to in contracts! Only some teams in bigger markets did they come up with the cash to fulfill them! Think i need to get me a stream box!

I think its criminal.

So say I lived in Cleveland. The Browns are playing. I'm blacked out from watching it locally unless they sell out.

What? Local tax goes to pay for their stadium. By all rights, city citizens should be able to go use those facilities that they paid for. I can walk into any government building unless there is some security reason like a prison. The local government pays for the stadium. I should be able to go use the weight room if I want.

I only use my phone so I need something for Android I guess? Don't think I have anti virus unless it's automatic
ahh, I have a family package with Bitdefender for 5 devices, I use it on two phones and two computers. We always run a VPN on our phones. Our phones are android too, but it doesnt matter.

I think its criminal.

So say I lived in Cleveland. The Browns are playing. I'm blacked out from watching it locally unless they sell out.

What? Local tax goes to pay for their stadium. By all rights, city citizens should be able to go use those facilities that they paid for. I can walk into any government building unless there is some security reason like a prison. The local government pays for the stadium. I should be able to go use the weight room if I want.
My cable company dropped the channel completely and since it's local it's blacked out even through paid subscription services. Doesn't even matter if it's sold out with hockey. Center ice package is free this week and they even black out the other teams broadcast. This will be the 3rd year since they've dropped the channel. And by dropped I mean it's not even offered in any channel packages anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back