Longest growing autoflower?

Once they are stressed autos can be a nightmare. You must be highly skilled and super stubborn to make them recover, if you can ever be successful.. They are convenient but not easy.

I had a few problems in terms of overfeeding and nutrient lockout as you know and if I paid more attention from the start and did a little more research I might not have even ran into these problems.

+1 on this. i was massively overfeeding when starting out (was using manufacturer guidelines that are already overblown even for photos). I think new auto growers need to be made more clear of this otherwise will put them off .

Once they are stressed autos can be a nightmare. You must be highly skilled and super stubborn to make them recover, if you can ever be successful.. They are convenient but not easy.

Maybe if they get stressed but my experience so far is that they just grow like crazy and are very resilient and I am far from skilled never really done any gardening before starting to grow autos. The auto I broke the main stem off at day 22 last week never even noticed it happened she didn't skip a beat :crying:

The following may change your mind man I just harvested my Zkittles OG auto that got nutrient lockout mid flower and bud growth pretty much stalled for over a week you can see how bad in the picture below and I still came out with like 650g wet weight harvested day 95. The picture is a 2ftx2ft tray packed with buds :woohoo:

I have not yet grown a photoperiod plant yet I will be sure to update when I do after the summer but I would assume that the longer flowering period with photos along with the potential for plant to hermie from a light leak both make the process alot easier to lose of f up a plant.

Attachments

• IMG_20200309_214922990.jpg
    IMG_20200309_214922990.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20200309_190136058.jpg
    IMG_20200309_190136058.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20200229_093841691.jpg
    IMG_20200229_093841691.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 130
+1 on this. i was massively overfeeding when starting out (was using manufacturer guidelines that are already overblown even for photos). I think new auto growers need to be made more clear of this otherwise will put them off .
Overfeeding is one of the main issues with autos. But it is also with photos. It is a simple thing, a small plant, whether small by nature or small because we contain it, cannot eat so many nutrients. And by small I don't mean tall or short only. Landrace sativas can grow 6m tall and branchy but in comparison to the bulk of an indica they are small, so they cannot take too much feed. And cannabis has no fruit to be hungry for more like a tomato.
Another issue is time management. The small vegetation period really limits you. You must be gifted with enough time to observe, which most people don't spare, to effectively train an auto. And you have to be super fast in whatever you do, to make it before flowering starts. And very skillfully to do it right. Even simple LST can be a problem if not timed and performed well. Once you make a mistake you cannot go back and fix it.
You must grow a few plants to get experience and confidence. I have grown thousands but each time I grow a new strain, I do it in SOG and I observe. I take notes on time, how many branches, how are the buds forming etc, so the second time I will have the knowledge and confidence to train it and know how to do it.
With photos things are much more simple, you veg until you get the result you want.

Overfeeding is one of the main issues with autos. But it is also with photos. It is a simple thing, a small plant, whether small by nature or small because we contain it, cannot eat so many nutrients. And by small I don't mean tall or short only. Landrace sativas can grow 6m tall and branchy but in comparison to the bulk of an indica they are small, so they cannot take too much feed. And cannabis has no fruit to be hungry for more like a tomato.
Another issue is time management. The small vegetation period really limits you. You must be gifted with enough time to observe, which most people don't spare, to effectively train an auto. And you have to be super fast in whatever you do, to make it before flowering starts. And very skillfully to do it right. Even simple LST can be a problem if not timed and performed well. Once you make a mistake you cannot go back and fix it.
You must grow a few plants to get experience and confidence. I have grown thousands but each time I grow a new strain, I do it in SOG and I observe. I take notes on time, how many branches, how are the buds forming etc, so the second time I will have the knowledge and confidence to train it and know how to do it.
With photos things are much more simple, you veg until you get the result you want.

Nice info man will keep that in mind tall and skinny less food short and fat more food can be tolerated :thumbsup: I'm actually looking forward to growing some photos.

I have to thank you for recommending General Organics Bio Bud it really did make a difference in the density and amount of flowers my plant produced :smoking:

Maybe if they get stressed but my experience so far is that they just grow like crazy and are very resilient and I am far from skilled never really done any gardening before starting to grow autos. The auto I broke the main stem off at day 22 last week never even noticed it happened she didn't skip a beat :crying:

The following may change your mind man I just harvested my Zkittles OG auto that got nutrient lockout mid flower and bud growth pretty much stalled for over a week you can see how bad in the picture below and I still came out with like 650g wet weight harvested day 95. The picture is a 2ftx2ft tray packed with buds :woohoo:

I have not yet grown a photoperiod plant yet I will be sure to update when I do after the summer but I would assume that the longer flowering period with photos along with the potential for plant to hermie from a light leak both make the process alot easier to lose of f up a plant.
Autos are convenient if you don't really interfere with them. But they are not easy at all, you overcame your feeding issues with a greater struggle than with a photo. And lots of different kinds of stress lurk during the grow. But the main thing is that if you want them to produce more than a photo, training is essential and this the difficult part. You need skill, precision and speed. And lots of luck.

Nice info man will keep that in mind tall and skinny less food short and fat more food can be tolerated :thumbsup: I'm actually looking forward to growing some photos.

I have to thank you for recommending General Organics Bio Bud it really did make a difference in the density and amount of flowers my plant produced :smoking:
Get a good tent and a green bulb for every light in the room you will set it. And put a green bulb in the tent as well. I know you will be opening all the time to check, so better prevent light leaks. We can see in green light, but plants don't utilise it much so less fear for a light leak.

Get a good tent and a green bulb for every light in the room you will set it. And put a green bulb in the tent as well. I know you will be opening all the time to check, so better prevent light leaks. We can see in green light, but plants don't utilise it much so less fear for a light leak.

Also I forgot to mention genetics is everything with autos I have found that Barney's farm is very consistent and their autos are a breeze to geow and gave me no trouble at all whilst the other seed company's I have tried so far are hit and miss

I had some flash seeds out in Scotland that taken 14 weeks but they could have went longer. Weather is just to unpredictable. On the other hand I have a test grow of strawberry cheesecake seeds I made with a heavy indica pheno that are 4 weeks old and are looking 3 to 4 weeks from harvest. Very fast.

When it comes to autos my experience is that the most stable are fast buds (and the most potent and productive), sensi/white label seeds (they have the best quality and the most stable genetics in photos and cannabis seeds overall) and Barney's farm (their photos are better than their autos though and touch the stability and quality of sensi seeds while bringing lots of fantastic creativity into the end result). The rest follow at a distance, even Mephisto.

Back