Looking for science on how long different consumption methods stay in your system and effect drug testing.

TheCannaZombie

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
So my friend smokes. He also has chronic pain that he sees a pain doctor for. The doctor said his levels of THC were too high and they had to be reduced or they would take him off his pain meds. His doctor also told him to only take edibles as that was a better way. Well, he did nothing but take edibles and his THC levels went through the roof. His meds were reduced and now he is suffering because of what his doctor told him to do. I am trying to find info for him that shows which method of consumption would show the least levels in his system. That way he can take it to his doctor and explain that her advice is what caused all this and not his over-consumption. I am only looking for actual science because his doctor is not going to take any other info than facts.

I have tried searching and found that edibles can last in the system way longer than smoking. Is there anything that shows two puffs on a vape pen is better than a joint? Maybe that vaping runs through your system faster than smoking? I dunno. I am just trying to help my brother out. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

TCZ

I'm a 40 yr pot smoker... edibles would be the absolute wrong way to go... a joint or a bowl gets me plenty high, or even a vape pen..
Edibles I can eat a ton of and may have only marginally noticeable high. My pain is gone, and mellow, but not high, so I eat more.

Other than that, your buddy has a certain point that he is subconciously looking for in a high... this will be directly linked to thc level in the bloodstream. If he has chronic pain, that will cause him to use more to hit that same spot. I assume your friend is not a casual smoker, and that is what is going to be the issue.
My kid will have an 8th last him a month... that's a daily dose for me.

Might try knocking off the weed a couple days before a doctor's visit, but it is stored in the bodies fat cells.
Was an aviation mechanic and tested in a previous life, 30 days is needed to clear it from detecting on a UA.

Hey, thanks for the response. Yeah, he is a heavy smoker, but has never had levels that high. Like 5000 (I have no idea what the numbers actually mean) more than the first time he went and hadn't even tried to limit his smoking. And yeah, he tried to explain to his doctor that if his pain meds get reduced, he has to compensate with smoking more. But, doctors know it all and cannot be argued with.

Nice to meet you. I was a 20-year aviation electrician for the Air Force. I am so glad to be retired and smoking rather than on the mix of drugs the military kept me on. It has truly been a lifesaver.

Back