Looks like rust?/updated with form info.

Badfinger

High as a Kite
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Problem: Rust or burn spots on upper leaf edges/sides. Does not rub off, hopefully eliminating fungus issue.

Medium/grow method: Happy Frog soil, real closet, humidity range 40-45%, 2-8 inch fans for circulation.

Feed: and supplements used: Fox Farm Trio

water source: De-chlorinated tap water ph'd to 6.0-6.5 for watering, and distilled water for nutes.

Strain/age: Critical Purple Auto/ 9wks

light used: 200 watt Groplanner, 12-14" canopy height recommended by manufac for flower.

Climate: 79°-82° day, 75°-78° night

Additional info: Only been using the nutes the last 2 weeks due to soil type used. @50% of recommended dose by manufac.
Also sporadically given cal-mag 1ml dose per gallon as preventive. All leaves have had twisted tips entire grow, never could figure that one out.
Runoff ph's @ 6-6.5.

20210713_170926.jpg
20210713_170951.jpg
20210713_171015.jpg

Last edited:
Did you get some nute splash on it?

I suspect a calcium issue, but I am not the person to confirm the matter. Your best bet is to fill out the infirmary form so one of the gurus can give you some advice.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

I suspect a calcium issue, but I am not the person to confirm the matter. Your best bet is to fill out the infirmary form so one of the gurus can give you some advice.

Good luck with it. :pighug:
TY, form filled out, hope i did it right.

Your a little lite on the cal/mag,try uping the dose ti 5ml per gal

How hard is your tap water? Any pics of the whole plant? What ppm are you feeding of the fox farms trio? Runoff ppm?

How hard is your tap water? Any pics of the whole plant? What ppm are you feeding of the fox farms trio? Runoff ppm?
tap water is 9.0, which I ph down to 6.5 (sorry I use the drop test method), starting today I switched them to spring water which ph's at 6.5 right out of the jug. I rarely water til I have runoff due to my over watering fear. I been basically giving them 2 1/2 cups a day whether its water or nutes time.
I dont have a ppm meter yet, this is my 1st grow and I honestly am having trouble wrapping my head around the subject.

20210714_163324.jpg
20210714_163337.jpg

Last edited:
At that stage of growth, I wouldnt be surprised if they were a bit hungry for..something.. But thats a tough call without more info.
Next run, ditch the plastic pots and get some cloth pots and you wont have to worry about over watering anywhere near as much.. If they are showing early signs of deficiency, an easy remedy to that in the future is getting some "build a flower" from buildasoil.com and top dressing with that right before preflower.

GL

Back