low energy cost 300 watt full spectrum grow light

vondetour

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
So now that I have my first autoflower close to harvesting I'm looking into replacing my two ViparSpectra Pro Series P1000 LED 100 watt Grow Lights with one grow light for my 48"X24"X60" tent. Currently it's costing me $40 a month extra just for the electrify and I'm wanting a low energy costing grow light as I'm sure the ones I have are not energy efficient lights.

What would you recommend ? and thanks for helping with my other issues and questions.

I am a bit biased here but Sanlight are pretty efficient.

Well-reviewed (including on AFN) quantum boards and COBs that report high efficiency are good candidates. The number of high(er) efficiency lights and the overall efficiency of what's on the market continue to increase.

You might look at companies such as HLG and Spider Farmer; and Mars Hydro has some good products at good prices.

Regarding low cost, look for some 420 sales that haven't ended yet. Keep in mind that lights are a primary determinant of your yield and quality, and you generally get what you pay for.

So now that I have my first autoflower close to harvesting I'm looking into replacing my two ViparSpectra Pro Series P1000 LED 100 watt Grow Lights with one grow light for my 48"X24"X60" tent. Currently it's costing me $40 a month extra just for the electrify and I'm wanting a low energy costing grow light as I'm sure the ones I have are not energy efficient lights.

What would you recommend ? and thanks for helping with my other issues and questions.
@Marshydro TSW-2000 would be perfect and cheap to run, not need to use it on full power,
Ive loads of documented journals in my signature that's under this comment

That's about what it costs me per month to grow. LED lights are about as efficient as it gets and power draw is directly related to yield. Generally spend money on lighting and good genetics, and save money anywhere else you can. As you get more experienced growing, that same energy bill will probably produce much more weed then you'll get from your 1st grow :thumbsup:

Is it more efficient( umol/J) to run i bigger light at a dimmer setting vs a smaller light on full?

Does the driver or emitter get less efficiency at higher temps?

I run 2 viparspectra ks2500s (500 total watt) and they cost me $45 a month including 2 fans and a 4in inline setup. Maybe the bar lights are more efficient than board?

checkout atreum lights

Back