Lst/topping

757grower

New User
Reaction score
I've got 2 purple punch auto and was gonna try and top them and do some light lst but was told by local shop that if I do that to the plants then they will die few days after? I'm kinda new to growing but never had much experience with autos. Can you top autos? Or is it best not to mess around cutting autos. Thanks

Autoflower genetics are almost as variable as photo genetics now. Really depends on your size limitations and the strain when it comes to training/topping.

I've got 2 purple punch auto and was gonna try and top them and do some light lst but was told by local shop that if I do that to the plants then they will die few days after? I'm kinda new to growing but never had much experience with autos. Can you top autos? Or is it best not to mess around cutting autos. Thanks
Autos can be topped...I usually do it after 5th node, some do it after 4th node..most plants recover pretty quick.
check this thread out for more info.
Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Your shop worker/owner is full of $&&*, far too many people live in 1999 to be if any benefit giving out advise

go for gold - autos are hardy, as with Photoperiod plants some are more fussy than others, time is against you though so it has to be timed well

good luck :pass:

And as far as the lst part..
IMG_20220601_085830.jpg

Cannabis is resilient! I tied a Hermie into a knot and tossed it in the grass. Three weeks later I was near where I tossed it and the roots had found the soil and it was double the size... Was a photoperiod but proves a point that lst will not kill it outright.

Back