When growing indoors plant training may just be the most important aspect of increasing yield and quality of your buds. There are many diffrent techniques including LST, topping/fiming,super cropping,lollypoping ECT. This thread is for mainlining/manifolding. I'd suggest getting comfortable with LST and topping before attempting this.

***Step 1. Wait till your plants are at the 3-5 nodes I like to wait until I get 2 full sets of leafs. Even though you have 5 nodes cut her down at the 3rd so she's thicker and stronger.

***Step 2. Take the two nodes and tie them down to make the T shape to make your sturdy base for the frame to come.
[Tip: When mainlining symmetry is everything. Try and keep both sides equal and even as much as possible.]

***Step 3. After to have trained the two main stalks out around 6-8 inches from the main stem let them start to grow upward. At this point you can decide to let her grow out or top both mains again and repeat the process. Remember every time to do this you multiply your main colas.
Tip. Personally for autos I top the two mains twice more to get 8 large colas. This method dosent increase overall yield. It gives you massive colas instead of a bunch of little to mid size colas.

In conclusion top your plant at the 3rd node when you reach 5 nodes and tie down the new mains into a T shape. Then keep tieing them down while letting them recover and reach upward toward the light. Once your around 6-8 inches away from the main stem let them grow verticly and repeat the process as many times as desired while cutting off lower growth focusing the plants energy upward toward the new mains. And remember Symmetry is everything. The one photo with the X's shows where to cut the lower and undesired growth off.
Any other questions feel free to ask I will answer.
Screenshot_20190416-143712.jpg
Screenshot_20190416-150841.jpg
Screenshot_20190416-150921.jpg
Screenshot_20190416-151206.jpg

Last edited:
So, I pulled the two largest fan leaves and I retied the four mains. (I also watched all five parts of dubxxl's vids) ..Since I'm only going for these four mains, does that mean that I just let each of them grow upwards from here? Also, it looks like I have a fifth main happening. One of the four chutes has another coming off of it. I won't be able to grab a photo until tomorrow.
let it grow lateral for atleast another week then you can think of letting it grow upwards or if the plant is healthy and not started to show pre flowers by next week then you can go for 1 more round of topping for 8 mains
(upload a pic you might have Fimed one of the tops accedentally)

let it grow lateral for atleast another week then you can think of letting it grow upwards or if the plant is healthy and not started to show pre flowers by next week then you can go for 1 more round of topping for 8 mains
(upload a pic you might have Fimed one of the tops accedentally)
Great advice, thanks. Speaking of FIMming, last Wednesday, I made this post in this thread thinking that I may have FIM'd. I'm too unexperienced to know if that's exactly what happened. As it currently stands, she's in her 'bad haircut phase'. I'm sure she'll get over it but it was heartbreaking when I saw her newly cut wounds dripping tears that tasted like really fresh water.. (I just had to taste) ..Anyway, if I did FIM, it looks like I may have done it on both sides because I have a little spurt of new growth on each side. My inexperienced eyes don't know what to make of it. Here's how she currently sits. Don't laugh or you'll embarrass her ;-)

Attachments

• White Widow XXL 9-15-20 Day 27 (1) - Copy.jpg
    White Widow XXL 9-15-20 Day 27 (1) - Copy.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 163
Great advice, thanks. Speaking of FIMming, last Wednesday, I made this post in this thread thinking that I may have FIM'd. I'm too unexperienced to know if that's exactly what happened. As it currently stands, she's in her 'bad haircut phase'. I'm sure she'll get over it but it was heartbreaking when I saw her newly cut wounds dripping tears that tasted like really fresh water.. (I just had to taste) ..Anyway, if I did FIM, it looks like I may have done it on both sides because I have a little spurt of new growth on each side. My inexperienced eyes don't know what to make of it. Here's how she currently sits. Don't laugh or you'll embarrass her ;-)
I'll start quoting my last posts in order to make this a little easier to follow. This is how she sits this morning. Since it's day 28, I'm hoping that things start slowing down a bit. It's currently as tall as what's just about to be harvested. I tried switching from pipe cleaners to something a little less fuzzy and a little more rigid but it didn't work out so the pipe cleaners stay. Everything's very even right now and what's shooting upwards is too tender to try to manipulate. I'm not sure if this will qualify as a proper mainlining but I feel confident that whatever happens it'll produce ..something.

Attachments

• White Widow XXL 9-16-20 Day 28 (2).jpg
    White Widow XXL 9-16-20 Day 28 (2).jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 148
Sorry I have very little time to assist, but you are doing a very good job. Technically it is a flawless effort. I really like how you master the scissor and the rope.
I have my doubts about the genetics you selected since I haven't tried them. I personally have tried topping many times on White Label auto strains and Fast Buds strains. I don't say this to discourage you, I just point out that different auto strains react in an unpredictable variety of ways to training, just like many photo strains are not happy with topping. But if you don't try you can never tell. I respect and admire bold moves like these!

Sorry I have very little time to assist, but you are doing a very good job. Technically it is a flawless effort. I really like how you master the scissor and the rope.
I have my doubts about the genetics you selected since I haven't tried them. I personally have tried topping many times on White Label auto strains and Fast Buds strains. I don't say this to discourage you, I just point out that different auto strains react in an unpredictable variety of ways to training, just like many photo strains are not happy with topping. But if you don't try you can never tell. I respect and admire bold moves like these!
Thanks for the kind words of support. I'm more inclined to try to train something that doesn't take to kindly to training than I am one to grow something based on its trainability.

I'll start quoting my last posts in order to make this a little easier to follow. This is how she sits this morning. Since it's day 28, I'm hoping that things start slowing down a bit. It's currently as tall as what's just about to be harvested. I tried switching from pipe cleaners to something a little less fuzzy and a little more rigid but it didn't work out so the pipe cleaners stay. Everything's very even right now and what's shooting upwards is too tender to try to manipulate. I'm not sure if this will qualify as a proper mainlining but I feel confident that whatever happens it'll produce ..something.
It dawns on me now that these new lower growth tips should be removed and that what's been happening is nothing out of the ordinary.
Am I correct about that? If so, I put X's on what I intend to cut. You can't really tell from the first pic but everything (that can be pulled down) is very even.

Edit: The third image is a screen shot of my own notes which I'd failed to etch into my brain.

Attachments

• White Widow XXL 9-17-20 Day 29 (5).jpg
    White Widow XXL 9-17-20 Day 29 (5).jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 205
  • White Widow XXL 9-17-20 Day 29 (2).jpg
    White Widow XXL 9-17-20 Day 29 (2).jpg
    4 MB · Views: 221
  • -.JPG
    -.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
It dawns on me now that these new lower growth tips should be removed and that what's been happening is nothing out of the ordinary.
Am I correct about that? If so, I put X's on what I intend to cut. You can't really tell from the first pic but everything (that can be pulled down) is very even.

Edit: The third image is a screen shot of my own notes which I'd failed to etch into my brain.
Wait just a while to see how they would develop. If they do grow strong and tall keep them. You need to wait anyhow, to remove them properly, to avoid even more new shoots popping out later on in the grow.

Wait just a while to see how they would develop. If they do grow strong and tall keep them. You need to wait anyhow, to remove them properly, to avoid even more new shoots popping out later on in the grow.
Thanks for the input but I snipped them yesterday. There are new ones developing but they're too small to snip which is fine with me. Today's day 30 so things should start transitioning very soon.

So, it's day 37 and things are really slowing down. She looks healthy and I'm doing what I can to keep all of the mains even. My question is..
Am I still doing this right? I have a hard time imagining these four mains turning into big fat flowers but I guess I'll just have to do what I've been doing and just wait and see what happens.

Attachments

• White Widow XXL 9-24-20 Day 36 (4).jpg
    White Widow XXL 9-24-20 Day 36 (4).jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 162
  • White Widow XXL 9-24-20 Day 36 (5).jpg
    White Widow XXL 9-24-20 Day 36 (5).jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 159
Back