Lighting Mars Hydro FC-E6500 dimmer switch and power output issues

arquette

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I am having a problem with my FC-E6500 grow light. Yesterday when watering I noticed that the light was getting brighter and dimming on its own. I had the light set @ 550watts. I checked with the watt meter and it was reading 459 watts. I turned the dimmer up and the light would only read 715 watts. It usually reads 730-740 watts. I set the light @ 600 watts and left it. Today I went back and checked and it was reading only 450 watts. I turned the power up to max and it would only read 615 watts. Do I have a driver going bad ? I bought this light on Alibaba on November 21, 2021. I have the receipt from PayPal paid to Shenzhen Jiadianguang Technology Co., Ltd. This light should still be under warranty. I hope That if it is the driver, I can get a replacement from Mars Hydro. Any help appreciated.

I am having a problem with my FC-E6500 grow light. Yesterday when watering I noticed that the light was getting brighter and dimming on its own. I had the light set @ 550watts. I checked with the watt meter and it was reading 459 watts. I turned the dimmer up and the light would only read 715 watts. It usually reads 730-740 watts. I set the light @ 600 watts and left it. Today I went back and checked and it was reading only 450 watts. I turned the power up to max and it would only read 615 watts. Do I have a driver going bad ? I bought this light on Alibaba on November 21, 2021. I have the receipt from PayPal paid to Shenzhen Jiadianguang Technology Co., Ltd. This light should still be under warranty. I hope That if it is the driver, I can get a replacement from Mars Hydro. Any help appreciated.
Well the first thing you need to test is the incoming power. The power to your house can vary a lot!

Then contact Mars hydro if the problem is not your source power.

Well the first thing you need to test is the incoming power. The power to your house can vary a lot!

Then contact Mars hydro if the problem is not your source power.
The incoming power to the house is fine. As I stated earlier the light is producing less watts today than yesterday. I have contacted Mars Hydro, have yet to get a response.

The incoming power to the house is fine. As I stated earlier the light is producing less watts today than yesterday. I have contacted Mars Hydro, have yet to get a response.
I had a driver problem with a Mars light a couple years ago. They'll usually answer questions overnight since I think they're in Asia and big time difference. They gave me a protocol of steps to follow and pictures to take to make sure it was the driver and then shipped a new one from inside the US the next day. They'll also want a screen shot of the receipt. I think I got in touch with them through Amazon

I had a driver problem with a Mars light a couple years ago. They'll usually answer questions overnight since I think they're in Asia and big time difference. They gave me a protocol of steps to follow and pictures to take to make sure it was the driver and then shipped a new one from inside the US the next day. They'll also want a screen shot of the receipt. I think I got in touch with them through Amazon
You were exactly right, I heard from Mars Hydro this morning, and the protocol of steps to follow were exactly as you said. I believe that it is the dimmer switch. Switch set @ 10% = 75.9 watts, @ 25% =105.7 watts, @50% =133.5 watts,@75% =162.8 watts, and @ 100% = 575.1 watts. The 10% reading is close to where it should be, everything else is way off.

You were exactly right, I heard from Mars Hydro this morning, and the protocol of steps to follow were exactly as you said. I believe that it is the dimmer switch. Switch set @ 10% = 75.9 watts, @ 25% =105.7 watts, @50% =133.5 watts,@75% =162.8 watts, and @ 100% = 575.1 watts. The 10% reading is close to where it should be, everything else is way off.
Good. I'm sure they'll take care of you. Communication is just delayed. When my driver died they didn't have any more in stock and actually sent me a whole new replacement light

Follow up on Mars Hydro warranty work.
I finally got a new driver from Mars Hydro. It came from China and took three weeks of emails to get it done. Guess what ? The new driver was dead on arrival. The old driver is a MOSO, the new driver is Mars Hydro branded. It is just dead. I will see what Mars wants to do now. Hopefully, it will not be another three week ordeal

Back