MC 2 Part Feed Schedules

Ahh, I see... I was confused at the 9% so adding the extra Epsom would point to the Magnesium locking out the Potassium...will continue with trial & error. GL has added in Magnesium to the latest version of Bud Explosion (not the one I have) so maybe they are aware of Mag issues.

View attachment 1261342
The 2 part does not have a magnesium issue! I only add it to my grow for the B-Vitamins.

I'm using the 2-part and I have been following @Mañ'O'Green's schedule that I believe he had created for you @NorthernLights_420

I'm in a 4x4 tent with 3 gals. of Coco/Perlite at 60/40 in SmartPots using AutopotsXL. Mephisto Mango Smile and Strawberry Nuggets. I've been adding 1mL/g of CalMag+ as I'm using bottled RO water. I have a Bluelab Guardian on my res so I have been really good at keeping my pH in check and my PPM no higher than 620. The leaves started out really nice until about week 3 when I started seeing yellow veins. Looked like a Magnesium deficiency. @Mañ'O'Green to note: the NPK RAW B-vitamin only has 9% Magnesium...not 99% which is on your feed schedule. So, I added in 1gr/gal of Epsom salt which seemed to help.

Unfortunately, this is where my grow is thrown off. I was under an SF4000 that started acting funny last week (mid-flower). Dimmer went haywire so I swapped that out with a MH SP3000 from my 2x4 tent. Sucks that I had to change lights mid-flower and I think that may have something to do with the light stress I now have. Up top, the majority of the leaf tips are now burnt and curled up....but I'm slightly thrown off as the leafs up top are also praying to the light which is 24" away and only showing 42k lux at canopy level.

Also to note, I had purchased SC and BE but noticed that over on Amazon a GL rep states that you do not need to add the GL supplements to the 2-part. So, I reached out to them to ask and got 'it's optional". So, of course, I just haaad to add in some BE in which can also be a reason for the shape the leaves are in now (looks like Potassium).

I have a lifetime supply of MC 2-part as I bought the 25 lbs. bags. Needless to say, I will be working on 'perfecting' MC 2-part on my future grows. The NPK RAW supplements are a fantastic product as well.

PS - take this for what it's worth as this is only my 2nd grow and coco/Autopots are new to me. My first grow I went balls to the wall with 4 plants in DWC buckets that quickly grew out of control, hence the switch to easy peasy Autopots thanks to @Olderfart
Lol I have thc 2 big bags too. My first run in soil with MC was rough but my plants are looking nice this run. You shouldn't need additional calmag. I'm using ro water 0ppm from a cheap 60 dollar tankless 4 stage ro system on amazon I found. I use mega crop 2 part and recharge only. I dont add any b vitamins and my plants are fine. B vitamins can be beneficial but I havent used any. And recharge has all the other stuff mega crop dont plus bennies. Easy to use. I grew in dwc before I switched to soil. Some massive plants for sure bro. Compared to the soil I'm doing now. Lol. But I changed due to medical reasons. I do dig the simplicity of soil and mega crop over all the bottles of GH nutes and supplements and hydroguard and recharge ideas all using in dwc. I dont miss hydro other than for the big plants. Lol

I agree with @Mañ'O'Green . I think it looks like your locking it out like I did but in a different way. Use the mega crop 2 part only, dont need no other supplements. Keep your ph in range always. I'd probably flush with plain phd water til good amount of run off. Then next watering Id use 2.2 grams part a, 1.6 grams part b per gal til finish. You cant fix the damaged leaf's but it's good if u fix the issue so it dont spread it to the rest of the leaves that are still healthy or healthier. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Here's the latest folks.... I had to leave for 10 days for work and left my wife in charge :help: Before I left, I filled my res with 8 gallons of MC only at Part A 2.7g/gal and Part B 1.2g/gal for an 8-9-18 NPK ratio at 620ppm. Did not add any of the NPK RAW supplements this time.

Here's what I came back to...The leaves on the Mango Smile are curled up and burnt to a crisp however the stems and leaves below the canopy are in good shape overall. I believe her roots are massive as they are crawling in and around the Aquavalve and all around the outside of the Smartpot. The Strawberry Nuggets is starting to show the same symptoms on a few of her leaves but is looking healthy overall. Both plants are hooked up to the same Autopot res. Obviously, the Mango has had a lockout as mentioned by @Mañ'O'Green and @NorthernLights_420 above but I have not had a chance to flush her yet... will do this today and report back in a few.

Attachments

• 20201213_133807.jpg
    20201213_133807.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 157
  • 20201213_133815.jpg
    20201213_133815.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 157
  • 20201214_210307.jpg
    20201214_210307.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 155
  • 20201213_133914.jpg
    20201213_133914.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 141
  • 20201213_133858.jpg
    20201213_133858.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
Here's the latest folks.... I had to leave for 10 days for work and left my wife in charge :help: Before I left, I filled my res with 8 gallons of MC only at Part A 2.7g/gal and Part B 1.2g/gal for an 8-9-18 NPK ratio at 620ppm. Did not add any of the NPK RAW supplements this time.

Here's what I came back to...The leaves on the Mango Smile are curled up and burnt to a crisp however the stems and leaves below the canopy are in good shape overall. I believe her roots are massive as they are crawling in and around the Aquavalve and all around the outside of the Smartpot. The Strawberry Nuggets is starting to show the same symptoms on a few of her leaves but is looking healthy overall. Both plants are hooked up to the same Autopot res. Obviously, the Mango has had a lockout as mentioned by @Mañ'O'Green and @NorthernLights_420 above but I have not had a chance to flush her yet... will do this today and report back in a few.
Isn't it amazing how two plants on the same nutrients can respond so differently! I have this all of the time in my grow style. It is a constant balancing act to keep the majority happy at the expense of the minority :crying:

That chart is untested but if you are going to use it don't second guess it. 1g of epsom salt in 10 gallons is plenty. It will provide 30 PPM and along with the other sources in the base nutrients it may go over the "in Balance" PPM weight. We are not talking EC here we are talking about the weight percentage in a liter of water.

View attachment 1261314
I just use the 2 part and recharge. Nothing else. So far my 2nd run has been phenomenal. No hermies like my cheese plants that I stressed and they stayed much healthier looking this grow. I'm almost to the finish line on my flowering plants. A week or 2 b4 I chop forgotten cookies from Mephisto. Been watching them closely. I'd say 60 to 70 percent of her pistils are colored and curling in. And then 3 more different auto strains behind the forgotten cookies. Red poison and GSC and sweet amnesia haze XL. Then I got 6 autos a few week in veg. Just harvested the purple nuggets from Mephisto and its dank as fuck without a cure just after the dry. Very great indica body buzz with a good head buzz also. Only thing missing is the taste without the cure. Taste aint bad but will be better when cured for sure. Once 3 more plants come down I'll be starting 4 dj short blueberry regular f5 seeds. I plan to keep a male and collect pollen and male some back up blueberry seeds for myself so I dont ever lose my favorite strain. Then cloning from there once I got some extra seeds. My next 2 plants coming down the forgotten cookies are probably gonna yield better than the 4 cheese plants I grew. Lol the purple nuggets gave me a tad shy of 2 ounces of some great dank in 70 days. I nailed it this grow now that I got it all dialed in.
I'm using the 2-part and I have been following @Mañ'O'Green's schedule that I believe he had created for you @NorthernLights_420

I'm in a 4x4 tent with 3 gals. of Coco/Perlite at 60/40 in SmartPots using AutopotsXL. Mephisto Mango Smile and Strawberry Nuggets. I've been adding 1mL/g of CalMag+ as I'm using bottled RO water. I have a Bluelab Guardian on my res so I have been really good at keeping my pH in check and my PPM no higher than 620. The leaves started out really nice until about week 3 when I started seeing yellow veins. Looked like a Magnesium deficiency. @Mañ'O'Green to note: the NPK RAW B-vitamin only has 9% Magnesium...not 99% which is on your feed schedule. So, I added in 1gr/gal of Epsom salt which seemed to help.

Unfortunately, this is where my grow is thrown off. I was under an SF4000 that started acting funny last week (mid-flower). Dimmer went haywire so I swapped that out with a MH SP3000 from my 2x4 tent. Sucks that I had to change lights mid-flower and I think that may have something to do with the light stress I now have. Up top, the majority of the leaf tips are now burnt and curled up....but I'm slightly thrown off as the leafs up top are also praying to the light which is 24" away and only showing 42k lux at canopy level.

Also to note, I had purchased SC and BE but noticed that over on Amazon a GL rep states that you do not need to add the GL supplements to the 2-part. So, I reached out to them to ask and got 'it's optional". So, of course, I just haaad to add in some BE in which can also be a reason for the shape the leaves are in now (looks like Potassium).

I have a lifetime supply of MC 2-part as I bought the 25 lbs. bags. Needless to say, I will be working on 'perfecting' MC 2-part on my future grows. The NPK RAW supplements are a fantastic product as well.

PS - take this for what it's worth as this is only my 2nd grow and coco/Autopots are new to me. My first grow I went balls to the wall with 4 plants in DWC buckets that quickly grew out of control, hence the switch to easy peasy Autopots thanks to @Olderfart
Keep it simple. Just use the 2 part. You dont need none of that other stuff. Just 500 to 600 ppm and follow that chart as a guideline. You can tweak it as needed for your own schedule. I just use recharge a couple times throughout the grow. Once when they pop above ground when there babies. Then once a month later. Then once about 2 to 3 weeks b4 flower cuz recharge has molasses in it which can make a frosty treat. It provides sugar for your plants and can prevent salt build up and can help protect against pathogens by helping feed the microbes in the soil and in the recharge. Recharve can be used in soil hydro and coco. I've only ran it in hydro and soil cuz I've never grown in coco yet. But it works miracles and nice healthy roots and strong plants. MC 2 part shud have everything you need in the 2 part formula. I just use the recharge for the bennies and molasses. Other than that there is enough cal mag so adding extra calmag or Epsom or Bud Explosion or Sweet Candy is not needed. Best of luck! I'd flush and then hit em with 500 to 600 ppm of nutes. And then only use the 2 part MC so you dont cause lockouts. Best of luck!

Isn't it amazing how two plants on the same nutrients can respond so differently! I have this all of the time in my grow style. It is a constant balancing act to keep the majority happy at the expense of the minority :crying:
Unique individuals is what we grow. Keeping them happy is our goal.

Last edited:
i have been using the 1 part MC and it has solubility issues. Do you find any with the 2 part?

Or do you mean particles u see floating around in the water when mixing?

Back