MC 2 Part Feed Schedules

NorthernLights_420

Autoflower Cultivator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez
Heres a spot to post your feeding schedules for Mega Crop 2 part, you know to help other growers if needed. I am growing Autos so I formulated mine based off of @Mañ'O'Green schedule he shared with me. Heres the schedule I came up with from his schedule for my set up in biobizz light mix soil.
Screenshot_20201201-192720_Note.jpg

Neato, do you have a journal going that we can check out how things go with your schedule?
I’m still on the 1-part v2, but have been considering trying out the 2 part.

So using BioBizz Light, the highest you get with part A is 2 grams/gallon, while the Greenleaf 2-part calculator shows 2.5 in veg and 4.25 in bloom. The highest you get with Part B is 1.5 g/gal, while the calculator shows 2.5 in veg and its minimum, 1.8, in bloom. Besides these amounts being lower vs. the calculator (expected with a fertilized soil) they are at significantly different ratios of A and B. In bloom your ratio is 2/1.3 = 1.54, while Greenleaf shows 4.2/1.8 = 2.33. Is this reflecting different rates of nutrients, such as N, being removed from the Light Mix soil over time; or why the differences?

Presuming I essentially want to collectively, between adding MC and what the Light Mix provides, feed the plant a recommended dose of MegaCrop (which works well for me in coco), will this regimen do that? Or is this schedule generally skewed towards a lower than Greenleaf recommended dosage (which seems to be gaining proponents here on AFN)?

FYI: I am on my 1st grow using BioBizz Light (with some added perlite) now with about 6 plants in various stage of bloom with all currently receiving 80% of Greenleaf calculator dosages and sometimes half-dose P-K booster, with everything going well. My presumption here is that the soil is largely depleted and that giving MC at 80% (most every time) in mid and later bloom will, along with what's in the soil, provide an equivalent full dose of MC (or other well-balanced base nutes). Am I off, wrong, here, such as am I headed for overdosage lockouts?

Last edited:
So using BioBizz Light, the highest you get with part A is 2 grams/gallon, while the Greenleaf 2-part calculator shows 2.5 in veg and 4.25 in bloom. The highest you get with Part B is 1.5 g/gal, while the calculator shows 2.5 in veg and its minimum, 1.8, in bloom. Besides these amounts being lower vs. the calculator (expected with a fertilized soil) they are at significantly different ratios of A and B. In bloom your ratio is 2/1.3 = 1.54, while Greenleaf shows 4.2/1.8 = 2.33. Is this reflecting different rates of nutrients, such as N, being removed from the Light Mix soil over time; or why the differences?

Presuming I essentially want to collectively, between adding MC and what the Light Mix provides, feed the plant a recommended dose of MegaCrop (which works well for me in coco), will this regimen do that? Or is this schedule generally skewed towards a lower than Greenleaf recommended dosage (which seems to be gaining proponents here on AFN)?

FYI: I am on my 1st grow using BioBizz Light (with some added perlite) now with about 6 plants in various stage of bloom with all currently receiving 80% of Greenleaf calculator dosages and sometimes half-dose P-K booster, with everything going well. My presumption here is that the soil is largely depleted and that giving MC at 80% (most every time) in mid and later bloom will, along with what's in the soil, provide an equivalent full dose of MC (or other well-balanced base nutes). Am I off, wrong, here, such as am I headed for overdosage lockouts?
@BII I had great success using the 2 part calculator to formulate the NPK ratio I wanted for the maturity of the plant. 10 gallon Veg. Part A 15g, Part B 25g = ~ 12:5:10 (N:p:K) This does not tell you the EC/PPM of the solution Part A is ~190 PPM/g/gallon and Part B is ~ 140 PPM/g/gallon so the above solution would be ~635 PPM plus the starting water. To change the PPM you change the amount of water not the nutrient ratio. This keeps the nutrients in the same balance.

Pre-charged soils always present unknowns with any long term minerals? I would not feed every time. The plants will tell you when they need more if you just watch them. Under feeding is much easier to fix than over feeding!

Neato, do you have a journal going that we can check out how things go with your schedule?
I have several journals going. But I can take pic of my 6 flowering ladies tomorrow when lights r on. Its night night time 4 them and me. Lol

Attachments

• 20201202_090229.jpg
    20201202_090229.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 176
  • 20201202_090248.jpg
    20201202_090248.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 157
  • 20201202_090240.jpg
    20201202_090240.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 160
  • 20201202_090304.jpg
    20201202_090304.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 153
I'm using the 2-part and I have been following @Mañ'O'Green's schedule that I believe he had created for you @NorthernLights_420

I'm in a 4x4 tent with 3 gals. of Coco/Perlite at 60/40 in SmartPots using AutopotsXL. Mephisto Mango Smile and Strawberry Nuggets. I've been adding 1mL/g of CalMag+ as I'm using bottled RO water. I have a Bluelab Guardian on my res so I have been really good at keeping my pH in check and my PPM no higher than 620. The leaves started out really nice until about week 3 when I started seeing yellow veins. Looked like a Magnesium deficiency. @Mañ'O'Green to note: the NPK RAW B-vitamin only has 9% Magnesium...not 99% which is on your feed schedule. So, I added in 1gr/gal of Epsom salt which seemed to help.

Unfortunately, this is where my grow is thrown off. I was under an SF4000 that started acting funny last week (mid-flower). Dimmer went haywire so I swapped that out with a MH SP3000 from my 2x4 tent. Sucks that I had to change lights mid-flower and I think that may have something to do with the light stress I now have. Up top, the majority of the leaf tips are now burnt and curled up....but I'm slightly thrown off as the leafs up top are also praying to the light which is 24" away and only showing 42k lux at canopy level.

Also to note, I had purchased SC and BE but noticed that over on Amazon a GL rep states that you do not need to add the GL supplements to the 2-part. So, I reached out to them to ask and got 'it's optional". So, of course, I just haaad to add in some BE in which can also be a reason for the shape the leaves are in now (looks like Potassium).

I have a lifetime supply of MC 2-part as I bought the 25 lbs. bags. Needless to say, I will be working on 'perfecting' MC 2-part on my future grows. The NPK RAW supplements are a fantastic product as well.

PS - take this for what it's worth as this is only my 2nd grow and coco/Autopots are new to me. My first grow I went balls to the wall with 4 plants in DWC buckets that quickly grew out of control, hence the switch to easy peasy Autopots thanks to @Olderfart

Attachments

• 20201129_200823.jpg
    20201129_200823.jpg
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 20201130_222251.jpg
    20201130_222251.jpg
    835.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 20201130_222301.jpg
    20201130_222301.jpg
    783.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 20201203_092439.jpg
    20201203_092439.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 147
  • 20201203_092338.jpg
    20201203_092338.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 175
  • 20201203_092353.jpg
    20201203_092353.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 173
  • Megacrop 2 Part Feeding Schedule.jpg
    Megacrop 2 Part Feeding Schedule.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 252
The NPK Industries B-Vitamin is 99% magnesium by weight not percent of a solution which is 9% per gram per liter of water.

What is the source of your bottled RO water? A lot of the drinking water machines add back some elements for taste.

Your pictures look like too much calcium or magnesium locking out the Potassium?

tox-lockout.jpg

That chart is untested but if you are going to use it don't second guess it. 1g of epsom salt in 10 gallons is plenty. It will provide 30 PPM and along with the other sources in the base nutrients it may go over the "in Balance" PPM weight. We are not talking EC here we are talking about the weight percentage in a liter of water.

Nutrient Guide.jpg

The NPK Industries B-Vitamin is 99% magnesium by weight not percent of a solution which is 9% per gram per liter of water.

What is the source of your bottled RO water? A lot of the drinking water machines add back some elements for taste.

Your pictures look like too much calcium or magnesium locking out the Potassium?

View attachment 1261312
Ahh, I see... I was confused at the 9% so adding the extra Epsom would point to the Magnesium locking out the Potassium...will continue with trial & error. GL has added in Magnesium to the latest version of Bud Explosion (not the one I have) so maybe they are aware of Mag issues.

RAW_B-Vitamins_Back55.jpg

Back