Mc with Ro water?

NorthernLights_420

Autoflower Cultivator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez
Does anyone use ro water with 2 part mega crop? Calmag supplement needed or no? Using a 2000 watt led with 4 cree cobs built in by "wills" so not sure if I shud supplement with extra calmag since using cobs and if I invest in a ro filter or not. Not sure what my ec or ppm is yet as I'm waiting 4 money to come in to buy a bluelab combo meter. Within the next week I'll have funds to order one. But then gotta wait on amazon delivery

I am using the MC 2 part in hydro under LED with starting water at 80 PPM and I have not needed to add additional Calcium or Magnesium. Going with RO you might need to but I would wait until the plants ask for it.

Cobs and calmag... One has zero to do with the other.. I use a cob light that I made like 2 yrs ago (16 cobs @30w each) and have never used or needed any sort of calmag.. Calcium is in sooo many things.. The chances if needing more is slim. Like MOG stated, let the plants tell you what they need.

Thanks I wasnt sure. I read online people said they used cobs so they needed more calmag. Wasnt sure if that was true or not. Just what I read somewhere

Thanks I wasnt sure. I read online people said they used cobs so they needed more calmag. Wasnt sure if that was true or not. Just what I read somewhere
There is truth to that observation that cannabis grown under strong LED will use more calcium. The formulas for cannabis oriented nutrient lines have been adjusted to include that small need. It can be a problem for peeps with starting water over 200 PPMs because now they have too much calcium.

All of that said "Man plans Nature laughs!" Have some cal-mag on the shelf.

I plan on ordering some in case I need it. I used calimagic by gh when I used to grow hydro and used GH nutes. This time I'm gonna try botanicares version. I wont use it if I dont need it but definitely a wise idea to have on the shelf just in case needed. I'm gonna get this cheap ro system for like 60 bucks only on Amazon. Allot cheaper than the 150 gpd tank one I had by ispring. That one was like 300 bucks but I left it at the old house when I moved to my new house.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200906-092655_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200906-092655_Chrome.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 57
I'm ordering a bluelab combo meter also and some other stuff to dial in my grows better. Sometime this week I should be getting the funds and ordering and upgrading the grow

Plain RO may cause you alkalinity issues without adding a re-mineralizer. I had to add 1 last spring. 2 yrs of ro grows always issues late in flower. Add 1 re-mineralizer and my ppm is about 120, 2 grows now this way and the plants rocked strait thru to chop. Seems RO can strip and hold on to some stuff.
All runs were with NFTG nute line.

I am using the MC 2 part in hydro under LED with starting water at 80 PPM and I have not needed to add additional Calcium or Magnesium. Going with RO you might need to but I would wait until the plants ask for it.
With autos how many ppm you go up to in flowering with mc? 500 or 600? And what scale you measure on cuz I measure .500 scale for ppms in america. With GH my plants used to be in the sweet spot in flower around 500 to 600 ppm. Anything past that and they would burn.

Plain RO may cause you alkalinity issues without adding a re-mineralizer. I had to add 1 last spring. 2 yrs of ro grows always issues late in flower. Add 1 re-mineralizer and my ppm is about 120, 2 grows now this way and the plants rocked strait thru to chop. Seems RO can strip and hold on to some stuff.
All runs were with NFTG nute line.
Maybe just a hydrologic small boy to remove chlorine wud be better? I never had trouble growing in hydro dwc with 0ppm ro water. But I'd add 150 ppm gh calimagic before my armor si then my base nutes. But now I'm using MC so totally different and new to me.

Back