Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Germ-tech, a quick guide!

Here's a tip:

Stand the dvd case on edge. The seeds will send the radicle straight down, it won't have to spend energy finding "down" when you plant.
This method works like a charm, stand your container on its edge. Nice straight roots for the most part.
4 Grape Crinkles
20170515_184010.jpg

Have any other users had issues germing SODK and SStomper ordered 2months ago?
I ordered 2 different times from them and i always germ the same way but these seeds were tiny and its like they were all different colors sizes and you would think with them being the same strain theyd have some resemblance but they were all different looking and taproot didnt come out of the shell until day 6 and there are 2 hubbabubbasmelliscopes that are 40 days old and there still seedlings but one of them took off...its pitiful man i know what im doing and there wasnt any root growth like in the photos they posted and i ordered directly from them..theres somewhere in the us that stocks mephistos seeds as they're from out the country idk man its sad ive never had seeds that wont grow 40 days old is almost half there estimated mature date but its all good ill never spend another penny with them i mean i only spent 60 or 70 dollars but its probly my fault for not doing something right..i see so many ppl having good luck and bad luck with these seeds but theres no guarantee that there even whats advertised good luck n happy growing

I ordered 2 different times from them and i always germ the same way but these seeds were tiny and its like they were all different colors sizes and you would think with them being the same strain theyd have some resemblance but they were all different looking and taproot didnt come out of the shell until day 6 and there are 2 hubbabubbasmelliscopes that are 40 days old and there still seedlings but one of them took off...its pitiful man i know what im doing and there wasnt any root growth like in the photos they posted and i ordered directly from them..theres somewhere in the us that stocks mephistos seeds as they're from out the country idk man its sad ive never had seeds that wont grow 40 days old is almost half there estimated mature date but its all good ill never spend another penny with them i mean i only spent 60 or 70 dollars but its probly my fault for not doing something right..i see so many ppl having good luck and bad luck with these seeds but theres no guarantee that there even whats advertised good luck n happy growing
I have ordered multiple times and just germinated 3different strains 4AM, 3BOG and HBSSxSamquanch yesterday with 100 percent success! All vigorous pop and heathy looking seeds from the get go. Quality seeds

Wow, I meant to post here a long time ago! I can vouch for this method although I don't germ that many seeds at a time, it does work great for my setup. Thanks @mephisto Mitch!

Am halfway thru my first run of mephisto gear, and have dropped a second. 9 for 9, started 2 "other brand " this time, 1 up, 2nd dud, replaced 2nd, dud... replaced with mephisto, bam! So far 100%. Seeds were small and multi colored, but those that are midway look exactly as the genetics described... the real truth will be found in about 5 weeks.

Here is another tip that @slowandeasy passed on to me. Just like people pre-charge a pot, try pre-warming the moist tissue before you put a seed in it. That's right, pre-warm the tissue! Give how fast slow's grows are out of the gate, this might seem pointless but the proof is in the grows!

In not busting your balls or anything like that, but the breeder himself has posted pics in this thread of 100% germ rate on 60 or more seeds 3 different times. Only time I ever had germ probs was all my fault for not keeping seeds warm enough. If you are having such difficulty germing the seeds and have a 40 day old "seedling", it may be valuable for you to reevaluate some of your growing techniques.:thumbsup:

Here's some recent seeds we got going, still using this method:

Back