New Grower Mephisto's Grape Crinkleberry/ Mango Smile x Grape Crinkleberry!

Good morning so last night both are officially above ground and the Mango Smile x Grape Crinkleberry has 3 possibly 4 cotyledon leaves and I've seen 3 before but not 4! The Grape Crinkleberry is starting out good but the Toofless Alien will be ready for soil tomorrow and here's the two! Anyone who has any input on cotyledon leaves showing more than 2 is it a mutation or not anything to worry about!??

Attachments

• KIMG3558.JPG
    KIMG3558.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • KIMG3555.JPG
    KIMG3555.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • KIMG3556.JPG
    KIMG3556.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • KIMG3562.JPG
    KIMG3562.JPG
    983.5 KB · Views: 6
  • KIMG3560.JPG
    KIMG3560.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
And I officially got 3 cotyledon leaves and 3 blades starting to grow as the first true set on the Mango Smile x Grape Crinkleberry... it's a mutant!:coco:

Attachments

• KIMG3584.JPG
    KIMG3584.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • KIMG3578.JPG
    KIMG3578.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • KIMG3582.JPG
    KIMG3582.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Well I have 2 healthy seedlings above ground and Grape Crinkleberry is looking good but Mango Smile x Grape Crinkleberry is looking good as well just an interesting start with 3 cotyledons and 3 single blades starting! LoL MUTANT! Day 2 both are in 2 gallon pots

Attachments

• KIMG3589.JPG
    KIMG3589.JPG
    973.5 KB · Views: 6
  • KIMG3592.JPG
    KIMG3592.JPG
    958.6 KB · Views: 6
  • KIMG3595.JPG
    KIMG3595.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • KIMG3594.JPG
    KIMG3594.JPG
    989.1 KB · Views: 6
At this sprouting stage, I think ≥3 cotyledons is more likely just a phenotypic or random-type variation in growth/development vs. an actual mutation, an altered DNA sequence, coding for more cotyledons. And whether it is a mutation or not, more leaves should be beneficial.

At this sprouting stage, I think ≥3 cotyledons is more likely just a phenotypic or random-type variation in growth/development vs. an actual mutation, an altered DNA sequence, coding for more cotyledons. And whether it is a mutation or not, more leaves should be beneficial.
Thanks for the info and I will be watching it close but it's definitely a different look!

Nothing much yet to report other than to they're both getting there feet under them and will update this weekend first set of true leaves are starting! Come on over @St. Tom I'd be happy to have stop by thanks AFN Community my first grow here was a pleasure to share especially with the tips and great atmosphere! Happy Growing Season

Nothing much yet to report other than to they're both getting there feet under them and will update this weekend first set of true leaves are starting! Come on over @St. Tom I'd be happy to have stop by thanks AFN Community my first grow here was a pleasure to share especially with the tips and great atmosphere! Happy Growing Season
When you insert the photos here in your posts you can choose insert full image that way we can see the pics better without having to click on each one. Much love!! If you know this already my bad!

Back