New Grower Illini4life20. Perpetual grow. Primarily Mephisto beans

Illini4life

Dope Farmer ⛽
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
White Crack - Mephisto
Alright guys so I know it's been a minute since my last grow but the cold is passing and it's that time to get this rocking. I currently have two beans dropped in water and getting ready for germ.

IMG_20200322_123621.jpg

I decided to run only two strains this go. I will be running two beast mode autos, simply because I have been doing research and saw some grows on here go haywire with those beast modes. Maybe the genetics are not hammered down 100%? Who knows but either way going to give it a shot. This strain is a cross of (Amnesia XXL Auto X Blue Dream). Blue dream is one of my favorite strains of all time so I am quite excited to see how this supposed high yielder performs!

Next strain will be Mephisto's Illuminauto Grapey Walter. This is a cross of (Walter White X Grape Crinkle). I have super high hopes for this Mephisto bean, and especially so because this will be the first time I run a top notch breeder. Previously I have ran ONLY seedsman brand seeds, which have produced quality results if I may add... Seedsman does not create their own seeds, they come from independent breeders, so who knows where their seeds come from but they know what they are doing when they source seeds!

On to the details....
3 X 3 Grow Tent
2000 Watt LED (400 true watt)
AC Infinity Inline Fan
5 Gallon Aeration Bags

Medium:
Fox Farm Happy Frog (70%)
Perlite (30%)
Oyster Shell Flour (2 tbsp per gallon of medium for soil buffer)

Nutes:
Greenleaf Nutrients - MegaCrop (Newest Formula for start to finish)
Greenleaf Nutrients - Bud Explosion (PK booster for flower stage)
I have not settled on a cal-mag solution for this run, taking suggestions from anyone! I used botanicare cal-mag + in the past but I think I want a non nitrogen cal-mag for this run.

If I'm missing anything or if anyone wants to know more info just let me know! As soon as the beans sink in the water they will go into paper towels until the tails pop, and then into their homes. Should only be a matter of days as I have found this germ method to be quite quick for me.

Tents all cleaned and ready to go
IMG_20200322_125731.jpg

Also before I forget... This less than $5 investment into a window AC prefilter is definitely worth it. I will get at least 3 filters and a few for my circular intakes from this one sheet of intake filter from Walmart. I'm hoping that the photo will speak to the benefits without me having to say much more. Super easy, cut a strip to fit your passive air intake and attach it on the outside of the tent and you're done!

IMG_20200322_125831.jpg

oh boy, me neighbor is back! :jump: u stayin safe & stocked up over there neighbor-? Up The Ironz! :headbang: ppp

Alright guys so I know it's been a minute since my last grow but the cold is passing and it's that time to get this rocking. I currently have two beans dropped in water and getting ready for germ.

View attachment 1170856

I decided to run only two strains this go. I will be running two beast mode autos, simply because I have been doing research and saw some grows on here go haywire with those beast modes. Maybe the genetics are not hammered down 100%? Who knows but either way going to give it a shot. This strain is a cross of (Amnesia XXL Auto X Blue Dream). Blue dream is one of my favorite strains of all time so I am quite excited to see how this supposed high yielder performs!

Next strain will be Mephisto's Illuminauto Grapey Walter. This is a cross of (Walter White X Grape Crinkle). I have super high hopes for this Mephisto bean, and especially so because this will be the first time I run a top notch breeder. Previously I have ran ONLY seedsman brand seeds, which have produced quality results if I may add... Seedsman does not create their own seeds, they come from independent breeders, so who knows where their seeds come from but they know what they are doing when they source seeds!

On to the details....
3 X 3 Grow Tent
2000 Watt LED (400 true watt)
AC Infinity Inline Fan
5 Gallon Aeration Bags

Medium:
Fox Farm Happy Frog (70%)
Perlite (30%)
Oyster Shell Flour (2 tbsp per gallon of medium for soil buffer)

Nutes:
Greenleaf Nutrients - MegaCrop (Newest Formula for start to finish)
Greenleaf Nutrients - Bud Explosion (PK booster for flower stage)
I have not settled on a cal-mag solution for this run, taking suggestions from anyone! I used botanicare cal-mag + in the past but I think I want a non nitrogen cal-mag for this run.

If I'm missing anything or if anyone wants to know more info just let me know! As soon as the beans sink in the water they will go into paper towels until the tails pop, and then into their homes. Should only be a matter of days as I have found this germ method to be quite quick for me.

Tents all cleaned and ready to go
View attachment 1170867

Also before I forget... This less than $5 investment into a window AC prefilter is definitely worth it. I will get at least 3 filters and a few for my circular intakes from this one sheet of intake filter from Walmart. I'm hoping that the photo will speak to the benefits without me having to say much more. Super easy, cut a strip to fit your passive air intake and attach it on the outside of the tent and you're done!

View attachment 1170868

You might not really need CalMag if you maintain your humidity above 40% as MC already has CalMag. Since it isn't a mobile nutrient it is affected by environmental conditions and can get locked up or cause other problems when your temp/humidity aren't right. Too much transpiration from high heat and low humidity can cause problems

You might not really need CalMag if you maintain your humidity above 40% as MC already has CalMag. Since it isn't a mobile nutrient it is affected by environmental conditions and can get locked up or cause other problems when your temp/humidity aren't right. Too much transpiration from high heat and low humidity can cause problems
Yeah we get crazy humidity here. Too high will be the issue honestly. That's where I have struggled in the past. It's great for seedling and veg don't get me wrong. It's sitting at 75% RH right now. I was running RO water for the last runs so for the non-feed waterings I hit em with cal-mag because the water was stripped of everything as I'm sure you know. I think I might run tap which I aerate with an airstone this run. Decisions decisions!

oh boy, me neighbor is back! :jump: u stayin safe & stocked up over there neighbor-? Up The Ironz! :headbang: ppp
And yessir! Glad to see you're still rocking out my man! You got any runs going right now?

And yessir! Glad to see you're still rocking out my man! You got any runs going right now?

hey bro, me run a perp, so ya, me alwayz got sumthin growin :thumbsup: i mean, i still have the worst luck of any grower on site :doh:, but meh, i remain rezolute :coffee: jus check out the growtrain link in me sig any time & ya never know what u'll see from day to day, lol :rofl: i'll probly be updatin later this eve, but currently, i've got a rhino ryder (Rita) goin for the fb solo cup challenge, a fastberry (Bella), a purple lemonade (Penelope) & another rhino ryder (Roxy) that'z still in early dayz...all thoze are fastbudz, but me got a nice, fat order of 00 seedz in day before yesterday, so the 00 express will def be leavin the station next, hehe :biggrin: then, sumwhere in the middle o' all that, i'll also be havin a coupla upcoming 4/20 battlez to contend with as well, lol :doh: the growtrain rollz on! :headbang: ppp

Day 0

All seeds sank in their cup of water so they moved to their next home. Here comes the plastic bags and paper towels! Planning on preparing for soil drop in the next day or two.

Till then peep the gurlzZz

IMG_20200323_233418.jpg

Looking well prepared good job,and very best of luck.i like the fact u seen a few shit grows of this plant,and still wana give it a go.great growing attitude.so very well done.what seedbank is beast mode auto from?i need this in my tent.happy growing every1;)

Looking well prepared good job,and very best of luck.i like the fact u seen a few shit grows of this plant,and still wana give it a go.great growing attitude.so very well done.what seedbank is beast mode auto from?i need this in my tent.happy growing every1;)
Megabuds beastmodes are direct from the breeders. You can get them from seedsman or pretty much any site now though.

Day 4: Mephisto Grapey Walter
Day 0: Megabuds Beast Mode

Temp: 65-70°f
RH: 40-45%
Light Cycle: 24/0
Light Height: 30 inches
Water: Just misting around the girls to keep them moist during seedling / germ stage.
Nutes: No nutes

Well had some issues with the germ of the Megabuds, but I'm not giving up yet. I had one complete dud, which I popped another bean to take her place. That one has germed well and was potted in her home tonight. The other beast mode had germed decently, slow but did germ, and has been creeping up. I'll show more in the photos.

Mephisto's Grapey Walter is on crack. I germed in paper towel and two days later I shit you not I had a 3, yes three, inch tap root. Never before have I seen anything like that before. I potted up and she is thriving. Second set of true leaves is just starting to come through and things are getting moving nicely for this one!

Well til next time....

Three girls in their home
IMG_20200331_211453.jpg

Grapey Walter - Day 4
IMG_20200331_211506.jpg

Beastmode #1
IMG_20200331_211512.jpg

Last edited:
Just invested in an air pump and air stones to try and run straight tap this run. I'll be bubbling my tap for at least 24 hours on a cycle to keep the water moving and aerated. I have run RO water for my last runs, so this is all new territory for me. Currently I am letting tap water sit out for 24 hours with no aeration, to let the chlorine evaporate out right now.

I've invested in a decent air pump and 4 air stones, and they should be here this weekend. I'll work on getting my little bubble reservoir put together then! If anyone has any suggestions for aeration processes or suggestions to improve my plan are greatly appreciated!

Amazon product
Air pump

Amazon product
Air stones - 2 packs of 2 = 4 total stones

Back