Grow Mediums Deathmatch: Mephisto 3 Bears OG vs Fastbuds West Coast OG... and friends ;)

IraqJack

Panda Brigade
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
HBSS, Sour Stomper, 3 Bears OG
So it's been awhile since I've really posted anything. I've really just been digging into my craft, mastering the basics, increasing my equipment, my nutrients, and my knowledge since I began my journey around this time last year. I'm proud to say I've had 6 harvests over that time, this year I am hoping for a monthly harvest :pass:

So to officially kick off this new endeavor of mine I've chosen some select seeds from a breeder hopefully you all know by now, and if you don't know, now you know, you better call Tyrone, Mephisto Genetics in one corner, and a new comer to the Iraq Jack arena Fast buds West Coast OG. They are the headliners on this fight card of who REALLY is representing the best characteristics of the strain we all love OG KUSH. I have 5 seeds of each, and I will document each run separately, with photos for you're smoking pleasure. I will also be documenting: Sour Stomper, Grape Crinkle, and a HBSS that is halfway home, and some Rare Dankness Ghost Train Haze #1 x Moonshine Haze, Dinafem Cheese, GHS Super Lemon Haze, and Lemon Skunk (photoperiod aspect to my grow).

All of these strains both photoperiod and Autoflower will be at various stages of development and hopefully helpful to those who choose to follow this grow who are interested in having perpetual grow with both Auto's and photo's.

Nutrient Line: FULL Advanced Nutrient line with the exception that I use Dyna Gro Protekt when needed instead of Rhino Skin, and Calimagic instead of Cal-Mag Xtra. Coco specific base A+B nutrients, and the Big Bud now is offered in a coco specific as well. When I document cloning I will be using rapid rooter or clonex I have both, in rapid rooter plugs with a cloning station. All will be new for me so you'll get to see my errors and what the learning curve is if any.

I will mainly be growing in 3 gallon smart pots, but occasionally I do use other pots. By far I prefer the smart pots that stand taller and develop that nice deep root structure. I just finished going to war with fungus gnats using my infantry (beneficial nematodes), and spider mites with my air cav (lady bugs), and I've determined the issue was either using a traditional plastic pot, or reusing coco. I've eliminated one the old coco from future use, and once HBSS finishes I will no longer be using the plastic container it is in.

I currently grow in 100% coco, I use Cocotek. I plan on introducing 25% super coarse perlite, or maybe clay pellets in the future. I will also be introducing some plants in organic just add water super soil in a month or so. I run a basic drain to waste, hand watering set up. I have come to prefer this, even if it's time consuming simply because you can catch issues that arrise as soon as they pop up because of your close proximity while hand watering your garden.

I run all LED lighting, using grow tents currently. I'm always adding lights, min 50w/ft² (true watts). China brands off eBay after doing research on each and have had no issues, dense buds and great yields. Which you will see :baked:

Well if you've made it this far I've got some 707 Truthband to smoke, nutrients to mix and plants to water. Pictures of current grow coming soon, as well as some oldies but goodies upon request.

Iraq Jack out.

Here are a few random pics, the last is of some technique I utilize with my photoperiod plants called mainlining, which is just a beautiful technique.

Attachments

• P_20160215_002621_NT_1.jpg
    P_20160215_002621_NT_1.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 198
  • P_20160212_001430.jpg
    P_20160212_001430.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 191
  • P_20160117_130900.jpg
    P_20160117_130900.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 192
P_20160618_155918.jpg

Here are the first 4 of the new Auto rotation. Front and center is West Coast OG, to its left 3 Bears OG, to WCOG's right is Grape Crinkle, and at the top Sour Stomper. This photo was taken this morning as lights came on after there first water to run off.

Here is the HBSS that has about 3 weeks or more to go. She stands about 4 feet tall, 3 feet wide. I decided to let her do her thing naturally, just providing support no topping this time. I do suggest topping if your concerned about height for sure. The HBSS is nute
P_20160618_160015.jpg
sensitive, so I would start at half the min recommended dosage on the bottle for the first week or 2, then feed base nute's at the min rec level. She also requires a little more calmag then average. Huge yielder, nearly 8 oz dry in a 5 gallon plastic pot, I think I'm looking at similar results in a 3 gallon pot without topping.

Off the topic of Auto's, I'm going to talk about the photo's I have started, the ones I plan on planting tomorrow. I was planning on messing around with clones etc, and I still will, but for now that's on pause. I began the first stage of "mainlining", "fluxing", what have you on the freebie seed I have from Dinafem, "cheese". Which I will go take a picture of here in a moment.

Pictured here though is a seedling I have high hopes for from Rare Dankness, Ghost Train Haze #1 x Moonshine Haze. I plan on starting an additional GHT#1xMS, x2 GHS Lemon Skunk, and x2 Cotton Candy from Delicious Seeds that I received as freebies with an order as well. I will be mainlining all, and then using the cuttings from that process for my personal intro to cloning, selecting mothers etc. This fall I plan on purchasing this piece of tech to help with that process as well -https://www.cdxlife.com/cdxshop/

Attachments

• P_20160618_214025.jpg
    P_20160618_214025.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 115
  • P_20160618_214043.jpg
    P_20160618_214043.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 138
P_20160618_211446.jpg
P_20160618_215432.jpg
P_20160618_215138.jpg
P_20160618_211446.jpg
P_20160618_215432.jpg
P_20160618_215138.jpg
To conclude with tonight's posts, here are some bud shots of the GHS Super Lemon Haze. I only purchased three seeds because I wanted to test them out, 2 were very lemony but unfortunately raped by a OG Kush from dinafem that hermed terribly on me. I lucked out with getting one of the faster flowering phenos out of the 3 which avoided the pollination issue, and may just well be more potent from being dusted late in flower. Something new I recently learned to up your thc%.

Back