Mighty horrible plastic taste?

Odissey

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I ordered a Mighty vaporizer during 4/20 and it arrived today. I was super excited with all the reviews saying its one of the best tasting vaporizers in the market and I could not wait to try it. So I unboxed it and ran it at max temp without anything and there was an extremely intense plastic smell. I shrugged it off and thought I should just do some cycles at max temps and it would go away. So I did. 3 full battery charges in fact. I tried exhaling super hard on it to force air to pass, I soaked all the components in iso/dish soap twice, I rubbed all components super hard with iso and still the smell just won't come off. Am I doing something wrong? It feels very weird that I am paying for a supposedly a top tier unit and it has this unbelievably sticky obnoxious smell/taste.

Thanks for the tips,

Odissey

I vape nicotine, naughty me... now did you have anything in it when you ran it the first time? If you didn’t the coil is probably burnt... unless its an rda or rebuildable... you might need a new coil haven’t done the research on it

I vape nicotine, naughty me... now did you have anything in it when you ran it the first time? If you didn’t the coil is probably burnt... unless its an rda or rebuildable... you might need a new coil haven’t done the research on it
Dry herb vaporizers don't have cotton-filled coils to deal with. The herb is heated through convection.

@Odissey, sorry to hear of your dilemma. I wish I knew what to tell you.

Thanks for the reply. It does not have a coil as far as I know

Dry herb vaporizers don't have cotton-filled coils to deal with. The herb is heated through convection.

@Odissey, sorry to hear of your dilemma. I wish I knew what to tell you.
I have read other people had this in the beggining but it eventually wears off. But it is strange that I have been at it non stop and still no signs of wearing off :(

So I left the cooling unit soaking overnight in iso/dishsoap and then spent 15 mins scrubbing it with a dish sponge just like it was a difficult dish to wash and still smell not removed. Anyone has a suggestion?

Mine had this same issue. It goes away over time. You kinda gotta break it in. I am having issues again with mine that I've had for about 3 years. It doesn't put out much vapor at all. I can run it high as fuck no clouds unless I use dosing capsules.

S&B is so highly counterfeited if you didn't buy directly from them your shits probably fake. My first cano blew up on me I got from Ebay, it turned out to be fake. And this mighty that I say flip a coin to decide if it's real or not I got it online too. So think about where you got it too.

Mine had this same issue. It goes away over time. You kinda gotta break it in. I am having issues again with mine that I've had for about 3 years. It doesn't put out much vapor at all. I can run it high as fuck no clouds unless I use dosing capsules.

S&B is so highly counterfeited if you didn't buy directly from them your shits probably fake. My first cano blew up on me I got from Ebay, it turned out to be fake. And this mighty that I say flip a coin to decide if it's real or not I got it online too. So think about where you got it too.
Wow thanks for the answer. Sorry to hear about your experience with S&B :/ How can you tell whether it is fake or not? I bought it from Vapefully, they seem a legit company though. The smell on the cooling unit is very persistent, but I tried putting some green tea on it and vaping and I cannot taste the plastic anymore! Actually, I was very excited with the flavour. Best I have tried in a vape, and a very large improvement over both my Arizer solo II and volcano (come to think of it maybe it was fake since I never really got good flavour). I will try it with some Blue Dream tomorrow for the real test.

Wow thanks for the answer. Sorry to hear about your experience with S&B :/ How can you tell whether it is fake or not? I bought it from Vapefully, they seem a legit company though. The smell on the cooling unit is very persistent, but I tried putting some green tea on it and vaping and I cannot taste the plastic anymore! Actually, I was very excited with the flavour. Best I have tried in a vape, and a very large improvement over both my Arizer solo II and volcano (come to think of it maybe it was fake since I never really got good flavour). I will try it with some Blue Dream tomorrow for the real test.
i would return it, pal, i own 4 top tier vapes and I've never had that also it sounds very dangerous for your lung s

You can email them your serial number they will tell you. They told me in an email if you buy from a store get the SN before and email them. I bought my next cano directly from them. The whole story is in this section my volcano erupted.

Stores normally won't take back used stuff unless things have changed. But try, can't see why not at least try. Anyway I'm not gonna replace my mighty. I don't use it anymore and will look to try something different. The cano still holds the number one headband in my house. The real one now.

Back