Myth Busting - Revegging Autoflowers

The reveg discussion continues!

So here is what was explained to me in a Facebook group (no one has proven this, but this is what was suggested of how it could possibly work). I redacted the names for security/safety reasons:

"I’ve not re vegged a plant personally however breeders of autos have to pheno hunt to breed the fire that’s been coming out in autos lately. I think this has been achieved by re vegging autos that have finished. When you take a cut off the mom that’s flowering and is pretty far along the plant goes into a self preservation mode for reproduction. It shoots roots and will re veg in order to try to collect pollen. Remember the sole purpose of the plant is to reproduce that’s all they want to do at the end of the day. They will make any last stitch effort to reproduce. "

" I’ve not done it but from what I understand when you harvest the plant it knows it’s reproductive cycle is over and has not died so when the plant roots it thinks it’s a new plant at least that’s how **** explained it to me. The re veg has to happen when the plant is finished from what I gather "

So it's not that leaving the plant (based on this explanation) would cause it to reveg, but allegedly taking cuttings from the finished plant (in full bloom) at harvest and trying to root them will put the rooted clones back into veg (allegedly.)

Seems a little wild. But seems like something that would be fun to try for sake of verifying or dispelling.

If anyone has any plants nearing finish, this would be a fun little experiment!
I'll try to remember the next time. I think it would be interesting. I had a really good candidate last grow.

The reveg discussion continues!

So here is what was explained to me in a Facebook group (no one has proven this, but this is what was suggested of how it could possibly work). I redacted the names for security/safety reasons:

So it's not that leaving the plant (based on this explanation) would cause it to reveg, but allegedly taking cuttings from the finished plant (in full bloom) at harvest and trying to root them will put the rooted clones back into veg (allegedly.)

Seems a little wild. But seems like something that would be fun to try for sake of verifying or dispelling.
Mannnnnnnn I wanna out this dude so bad. Hahaha. But for the sake of the AFN vibe I won’t(he’s not a member anyway)

And he is tryin to say the plant will re veg after its already in bloom. That don’t make no sense. Like what kind of natural situation would this happen in? Why would the plant re veg? I don’t think they have adapted to have a branch break off, root in the ground and re veg in order to reproduce.

I have a couple that will be finished when I get back from TAC21 next Tuesday. I guess I can try it for the folks that wanna see it not work lol

Mannnnnnnn I wanna out this dude so bad. Hahaha. But for the sake of the AFN vibe I won’t(he’s not a member anyway)

And he is tryin to say the plant will re veg after its already in bloom. That don’t make no sense. Like what kind of natural situation would this happen in? Why would the plant re veg? I don’t think they have adapted to have a branch break off, root in the ground and re veg in order to reproduce.

I have a couple that will be finished when I get back from TAC21 next Tuesday. I guess I can try it for the folks that wanna see it not work lol
Do it I've already shown they don't reveg they will continue to flower but the few bowl packs u get dry ain't worth it time wise now I will say to breed with maybe viable again u won't get 100s but enuff to start a quality pheno hunt.

I'll chime in my 2 pennies. The only time I've seen an auto reveg is if you completely f them up. Burn stunt them really horribly and I've had them reveg and flower. This isn't something that's beneficial in anyway and you'd be better served throwing the ruined plant out. I have left ones like this in the corner of my veg tent for shits and giggles. If the fb guy is saying its something like monster cropping he's full of it. Breeders let their photo keeper phenos reveg but its not possible imo with a full auto. Also whats the point? To pollinate? So for breeding purposes maybe it would be useful. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way imo.

If anyone has any plants nearing finish, this would be a fun little experiment!

I've a plant nearing its end that I could take a couple of base cuttings from - Currently Week 8. I'm always up to have my mind changed.

I've a plant nearing its end that I could take a couple of base cuttings from - Currently Week 8. I'm always up to have my mind changed.

Yeah let's experiment! Honestly it would be a heck of thing if it did work that way!

I cloned autos, and reversed them, and pollinated them, and made fem seeds all before they died, but no revegge.
The best I could do was slow them down,
1- the cloning process itself seemed to slow development
2- I repollinated every time they grew fresh pistols, and they seem to keep doing that after each pollination, but eventually died after 230+ days.
Also, the cuttings were barely in flower, not finished flowering, so...
I made a video journal -

I'm planning to experiment with GA3 soon, and see if I can trick one into revegging, by leaving some pieces of buds on the plants, and treating them with various ppm solutions.
I should be able to start trying in about a month.

Back