Indoor need some info on my soil ph plz

KUDO

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Reaction score
HI EVERY ONE,
JUST NEED A BIT OF INFO BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT MY SOIL PH,IV JUST TESTED MY SOIL BEFOR I PUT MY BABYS IN IT MADE WATER TO 6.5 AND WATER IT,ME RUN OF WAS @7.2-7.1, IM USEING BIO BIZZ ALL-MIX SOIL,IS THIS OK @7.1-7.2 AS IM THINKING THIS WELL GIVE ME SOME LOCK OUT WHEN GROWNING OR IS THEY AWAY OFF LOWING THE SOIL TO GET THE RIGHT PH
ANY INFO BE GART:toke:

in sil you need to be 6.3-6.5 ideally and def within range of 6.0-6.6...
ph vs uptake.gifph vs uptake 2.jpg

commercially sulfur products are used for ph down... you can use coffe grounds mixed with the soil etc. etc.
My personal opinion (and I'm an experienced farmer) spend the $18 on ebay or amazon for a soil ph / fert / light / moisture meter for soil... the best $18 you'll ever spend for growing... its really hard to know exactly where your soil is at without it... but if you're watering with 6.5 and gettin 7.1 - 7.2 you're probally at 7.5 or higher in your soil... wayyyyy high! you can add some vinegar to your water to take it to something like 5.8ish for the next couple waterings and that will help pull it down... def keep an eye on your runoff... when you start to see it fall into your 6.6 range.. ease your watering ph back to 6.0 or 6.1 ish... thats the watering method to recovery...

hope this info helps
JM

thanks john iv done that with ph down organic, and now i try the vingar it still coming back @7.2 i give an other water tommrow see if its drop,

is that peat based?? it'll drop(believe me) but seems johns got ya covered.. hey john do you have a link to one of those? i have one of those 20$ soil ph moisture light meters and its WORTHLESS out of the box ..!!

well this is what in my soil
Bio-Bizz All-Mix is unlike anything you would find in a garden centre. It contains an effective blend of soil (20%), compost (35%), worm castings (10%) and Perlite (30%) as well as a special 'pre-mix' (5%) of biologically active organic ingredients that have been fermented for a month to create a potent mixture. We recommend using Bio-Bizz All-Mix during growth and flowering, ideally in conjunction with Bio-Bizz Nutrients for best results.
and thanks for the info guys

the PH of biobizz all-mix is PH = 6.2-6.6

The soil should contain buffers to keep it within that range.

I've used all mix with my AF's for years now, and I don't get abnormal def's or lock-out.

I never check my Water PH or EC
or run-off PH

I'm bad i know.. maybe i'm lucky

ok that good to no then thanks for that i should be ready to go then,

lol... you are lucky! :) I've never really had issues in that regard until recently.. but of course I've added a daily soil ph and fert check to my daily watering checking routine... precautions... lockout lockouts before they start :)

http://www.amazon.com/Luster-Leaf-1...2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1298933404&sr=8-2

thats the one... prices fluctuate a bit on these items.. i got mine for 18... but honestly as grow tools go... bang for the buck... a steal at 10X the price... you cant beat keepin ur numbers balls for good growth... dnt believe me? check my thread :
http://autoflower.net/forums/showthread.php/25-Auto-Berry-Auto-widow-Low-Ryder-2

got the meter in jan sometime... from there out you can visibly see the vigor difference! and one thing i will stress here... autos have such a short life span that if you look at it... count it like this:

lockouts take about 2-3 days to show up.... then if you're real snappy... you correct it the day you notice... but still 2-3 days for the plant to adjust again.. so you're lookin at 5 - 7 days of bad growth... stress.. stunting...
5 days of say.. 60 DTH for low ryder 2 variety = 8.33% of the plants total life span.... say that happens in the veg stage well thats 5/21 = 23.8% of veg time... same if its during flower time

7 days of say.. 60 DTH for low ryder 2 variety = 11.6% of the plants total life span.... say that happens in the veg stage well thats 7/21 = 33.3% of veg time... same if its during flower time

I'll compare with a photo for ya now...
say ak47... I believe thats about 50 days of flowering time plus minimum 30 days of veg time... typically youd want 60 ... so we'll say 60

so thats 110days

5 days of 110 = 4.5% 5 days of flower time or 5/50 = 10%
7 days of 110 = 6.4% 7 days of flower time or 7/50 = 14%

so now I'm sure you see the cumulative effect...

this is why maintaining ph, ec and all the right factors is so much more critical for autos... less overall time to fix the problem.... plus theres no option to veg a little longer if the error happens during veg phase... in fact, it will likely speed the flowering process on you due to the stress incurred.

:)
I'm out of commentary for now... lol

JM

Hi john and good moring ,
thanks for the info iv been out got a soil ph tester and just done the soil test it reading @ 7.0 i would like it be lower, well maybe i keep my ph water about 6.0 5.8 and keep me eyes on the run off till i see a drop in my run off, but thanks again and i pick up a good soil teaster soon, and i look forward to reading your threads
thanks kudo

no problem man... glad you're on your way to grade A :)

Back