Neem Fertilizer the soil growers best friend.

Thanks sour, neem is an ingredient I cant grow without anymore, damn gnats infest me soil!

Thanks Truu, Gnats is apparently sign of a good soil I guess we are doing it right! I forgot to mix some not so long ago and the little bastard didn't take long to show up a good handfull on top and bang, seeyaa...

I used Neem from the onset of my most recent grow and it seems to have helped. Before I planted the seeds I diluted pure Neem with water and sprayed the inside of my "nursery" (where I germinate and keep the seedlings for a few weeks). I also sprayed the entire surface of the containers plus the top of the soil around, but not directly on top of, where I planted the seeds. I sprayed again once a week later and once again when I saw a small flying pest.

I have spotted nothing besides the one small flying insect. The plants are now in the big tent and are healthy and happy. I will always use Neem during the "buggy" months!

Thanks for adding this MediJane, JM as a great stickied post on neem oil dilution, what do you use to emulsify your solution?
I usually use some luke warm water with a drop of dish soap to mix the oil in and then mix the rest of the water. I bloody love this tree.

Ch-chyeah! I believe I may have mentioned adding neem cake to the soil back when...great advice whenever and good post! Haven't done this in eons...:slap:

Hi headpiECE, thanks for the slap man. Please feel free to had about your experience here!

Did anyone try this in airpot outdoor? During the upcoming grow next year I wanted to protect pots by putting them on some platforms and smearing grease intended for engines and machines. That way those crawling bastards would be physically stopped to enter my pot and make some damage. At least I see that as very possible outcome. Would this product be a good substitute for method like this and would it stop insects that can get there airborne?

Last edited:
Did anyone try this in airpot outdoor? During the upcoming grow next year I wanted to protect pots by putting them on some platforms and smearing grease intended for engines and machines. That way those crawling bastards would be physically stopped to enter my pot and make some damage. At least I see that as very possinle outcome. Would this product be a good substitute for method like this and would it stop insects that can get there airborne?

Hey Badger and welcome to AFN, I haven't used airpot outdoor, but I would say that it would work as much as it would inside. Maybe with a handfull worth has a top dressing around half way through. I use it in airpot inside and it work amazingly. You could combine it with the grease to have some peace of mind! And add some diatomaceous earth as top dress for even more peace of mind :)
Insects would still be able to get there airborne but the neem will act as an antifeedant, and will prohibit them from laying eggs or if they do will prohibit proper development of new insects...
If you do go ahead with it, feel free to share your thoughts here!

I used neem seed fertilizer in my original mix and I top dress with neem and karanja cake. I haven't seen a bug in 4 months in my tent. I've also sprayed with neem oil 3 times throughout the grow at lights out. :vibe:

I used neem seed fertilizer in my original mix and I top dress with neem and karanja cake. I haven't seen a bug in 4 months in my tent. I've also sprayed with neem oil 3 times throughout the grow at lights out. :vibe:

Thanks for sharing your experience man, what is your ratio on the Neem spray?

Thanks for sharing your experience man, what is your ratio on the Neem spray?

I bought some pre-mixed handheld spray off of amazon last year and that's what I've used. I honestly don't even recall the brand name.

I'll be buying an atomizer in the future to foliar feed and apply IPM stuff with.

Is this thing seedling-friendly?

Back