New Grower New Setup, First Grow Journal! Strawberry Nuggets. Jammy dodgers, SODK, Double Grape.

Alright guys and gals! We are on day 26 of the grow and the ladies are doing overly great! Everything is going better than i had planned to say the least i guess with good genetics even a new grower anything is possible. The stretch is starting as all plants have started showing lady parts and they are getting real bushy. Now for in depth on each one, Sour Orange Diesel Kush has been the winner from the get go, started as a 3 way mutant and turned into a self topping monster as two of the branches fused together to make one mega cola that now the main cola is falling behind in thickness mainly because the other one has 2 in one but also because while trying to LST it i accidentally ripped the main cola in half almost but it only split in the middle so i tried my best to heal it up and it very obviously stunted that cola from getting as developed as the other but its still packing weight and size. Double Grape has really got bushy and is starting to fill out decently, it has a more sativa look to it in the leaves in my opinion but im a noob so who am i to know haha its training allowed it to be very bushy too but not as much as SODK. Strawberry nuggets is actually starting to stretch out a little which makes me happy because let me tell you this is a very SHORT and THICK girl, i mean i personally like short girls but when it comes to my plants id like to see some legs ;) but all around its doing great and the stigmas on this lady that started showing during sexing are absolutely huge ive never seen ones that big just where the bracts will be so im excited to see how it works out but it will surely need good good air flow in it to help prevent bud rot later in life. Lastly Jammy Dodgers is doing absolutely amazing for being 4 or 5 days behind the rest its getting just as big as the rest and i feel like it will really be a beautiful plant once it starts getting into flower. I cant wait to see how this all works out and the smell alone so far in the tent is starting to get very tasty i cant wait for it to start throwing out trichs onto the leaves to i can get a hint of what these babies are gonna smell like!

Over View Shot
20220323_105734.jpg

Strawberry Nuggets in the back
20220323_105801.jpg

Jammy Dodgers in the back
20220323_105808.jpg

Sour Orange Diesel Kush Front
20220323_105750.jpg

Double Grape Front
20220323_105755.jpg

sorry i didnt see this until now, i have taken into mind what you mean, it will still flush my nutes but i use organic not salt based nutes so the plants just take what they need havent seen any deficiency like i did before with salt based. organics really took the guess work out for me. I believe the soin i have has some coco in it so it dries out faster than i am used to as well as being in fabric pots so when i go to water if i feel that they are light and dry and very compacted i know its gone too far so i dip it into a bucket of water until i stop seeing as many bubble come to the surface so i know all if not most of the dry pockets will be filled and what isnt filled the wet soil around it will. I do need to be more careful of that though or ill be applying more dry ammendments later on in life of these ladies.

Quick edit: I also got a water mister to water the plants because i was scared of sloshing the soil around on top when i water because it was showing roots when i did. I didnt realize how much i was actually under watering them until i went to pick one up one day and it was like 10 pounds or less and dry as fuck because it seemed when i was mist watering them it was getting super wet but i wasnt feeling my pot only the top like 3 inches if that were getting the water it needed so thats why i went into panic and was like oh shit my stuff is getting hydrophobic, i was going to bottom water the plant but i figured i only had a short amount of time so instead of bottom water, i bottom dunked haha.
Dunking would still make me paranoid, just FYI they make agents to break the surface tension when the soil is hydrophobic. You can use a drop of soap or wetting agents like yucca. Lots of people on here use and like yucca it seems. Just be careful!

Hello all, I know its been 2 weeks since my last update and im sorry I've just been in a very very deep depression lately and its slowly getting better. A lot good and bad has happened over the two weeks lets start with the bad. My fan fell on the SODK causing its self top to split the stalk down the middle so i tied it up and hopes for the best as well as having to chop a top because of a dying bud that was preventing further growth but I didn't cut the whole branch just the top bud. The fan fell in the strawberry nuggets too but its so squat the SODK are like 99% of the blow so strawberry nuggets is just fine id say otherwise no damage the jammy dodgers I accidentally almost took off two major branches while trying to do some late training but it healed and is doing actualky better than all of them despite being 4 days behind. The double grape is the only one that has jot been injured or messed up some how and is what id like to call the "kush bush" with how full it is growing but its finally starting to fill bud sites and show me what im gonna be looking at shes a little behind the rest hut its rocking solid. All in all the whole tent is doing great and soon enough ill be adding 2 more plants for an Instagram grow off for mephisto! Thabks for everyone who followed along so far i appreciate you all.

IMG_20220406_203402_556.jpg

Hello all, I know its been 2 weeks since my last update and im sorry I've just been in a very very deep depression lately and its slowly getting better. A lot good and bad has happened over the two weeks lets start with the bad. My fan fell on the SODK causing its self top to split the stalk down the middle so i tied it up and hopes for the best as well as having to chop a top because of a dying bud that was preventing further growth but I didn't cut the whole branch just the top bud. The fan fell in the strawberry nuggets too but its so squat the SODK are like 99% of the blow so strawberry nuggets is just fine id say otherwise no damage the jammy dodgers I accidentally almost took off two major branches while trying to do some late training but it healed and is doing actualky better than all of them despite being 4 days behind. The double grape is the only one that has jot been injured or messed up some how and is what id like to call the "kush bush" with how full it is growing but its finally starting to fill bud sites and show me what im gonna be looking at shes a little behind the rest hut its rocking solid. All in all the whole tent is doing great and soon enough ill be adding 2 more plants for an Instagram grow off for mephisto! Thabks for everyone who followed along so far i appreciate you all.

View attachment 1442312

They look great. :thumbsup: . i have used duct tape many times on plants.. these plants are amazing survivors and your tent looks healthy and happy :smoking:

Hello everyone! Were heading into day 50 for my plants (46 for jammy). Im waiting and hoping for my dry ammendments to start helping my plants otherwise ot will be what it will be it either produces or it will die and it will be a lesson learned. Im pretty certain I was freezing the hell out of them because I was reading Temps from my upper hygrometer not the one near the actual plants and I didnt realize its like 5-8 degrees difference so when my tent was hitting lowest 69 my plants were sitting in acyually 65 or lower which probably isn't the best so im working on maintaining that better. All in all they are slowly starting to stack well and my strawberry nuggets is the purple pheno which is cool because thats the rarer of the three phenos. All in all ill be happy regardless I have plenty of time and seeds to grow after this so itd all learning.

20220415_152214.jpg

Hello when you dunk a hole pot you push all the oxergen out which is not a good idea or good for the plant as the roots will start rotting.

What is up everyone! Today marks day 60!! We are getting really really close day by day its actually amazing how thick they are all starting to get. I expect the SODK and the Double Grape to run about another 20 to 30 days but strawberry nuggets has no more than 20 days in my opinion as we as my jammy dodgers. All plants are going well the sodk is slowly bouncing back from being deficient and ive bent down the canopy and defoliated my double grape a little bit to give it better air flow and to allow light to rrs h where it normally wouldn't otherwise. Hope you all have enjoyed this as much as I have and im so happy to have these plants look so well! Thanks for everyone who has looked and watched my grow!

IMG_20220425_124731_333.jpg

@TooMedicatedToThinkOfOne

Things are looking really impressive for you despite your trouble, good luck and remember it never hurts to keep a positive mind around your plants.

Thank you so much! I agree with everything I did wrong along the way im happy and surprised they didn't herm on me or anything else. Thats all I've been doing though I figure if I stress they will stress with me so might as well just be happy regardless that they are my beauties and they will produce no matter what (unless I really really kill them on accident)

Back