New Grower New Setup, First Grow Journal! Strawberry Nuggets. Jammy dodgers, SODK, Double Grape.

Don’t give up on JD. She is a pleasure to grow once she got going.

Let us know if you get any hermies,I've heard several recent complaints about mephisto lately and have experienced it myself.

Alrighty, here's my weekly update for everyone! So as you can see things for the SODK are taking off REALLY FAST and she's bursting with growth more than expected idk if I'm doing something extremely right with it and wrong with the others or if its just the sativa genetics that it has but boy people were right about me having this in the same tent as a strawberry nuggets haha! Anyways, speaking of strawberry nuggets it is still overly tiny and has slow growth still but I assume that its just the genetics because most people I've seen have had really tiny growth with it during their veg cycles but we will see. The double grape is actually starting to do really well and has clearly surpassed the SN in terms of growth and size and it seems like its really starting to get its grow on. The Jammy Dodgers had to be redone I'm not sure if I posted that in my last update but yeah the seed I had was for certain not going to sprout so I ended up putting a new one down and had it in soil not long after so its about 3 or 4 days behind the rest but as for height she has caught up almost to the DG and I think that's due to a little light stretch but its okay no harm no foul its not like its overly stretched but its still showing really great growth for being 3 or so days behind them all. They all still seem very happy and healthy I turned lights down to 70% because I was scared I was burning them but I think I was just over worried so I might go back to 100% at like 35 inches from them because the light is still very powerful its recommended for a 5x5 veg max and a 4x4 flower we shall see though its doing just happy at 70% why fix what's not broken right? Anyways thanks to all who are keeping in tune with my journal and i hope to see some real explosion in growth come this next week in not only everything but this tiny SN!

20220305_094035.jpg

20220305_094054.jpg

20220305_094020.jpg

20220305_094029.jpg

Alright ladies and gents! we are going on about day 14 now for all except the jammy at day 10ish. So lets get into the gritty, i have been slowly trying to slow stress train my sour orange so i can get it a nice even canopy all over and i accidentally took off one of the lower branches :/ hopefully since its still early kinda it wont stress it too much and herm it but i doubt, as for mistakes lets talk about the next one! i accidentally dropped part of an empty 5 bucket on my double grape as welll as i think it was getting some wind stress from my fan so i moved it around and will constantly be moving them around in rotation so they dont get stressed otherwise its chugging along like a champ and starting to give off a little hint of smell that you get when veg starts a lot as well as i started leaf tucking, Jammy Dodgers as well is doing very nicely and chugging along trying to catch up to the rest it seems even though its only 4 days behind its trying to act like a big kid, strawberry nuggets though let me tell you is a squat little sucker and doesnt want to seem to grow too big yet but i know once flower stretch hits it will break out of its shell of being shy. Other forms of LST will be applied to other plants as i see fit. I wanted to top them all but i figure that maybe i need to learn how to properly LST and get an even canopy before i worry about anything like HST and Topping/Fimming. Hope you all enjoy the update and i have my shitty webcam taking screenshots every 10 minutes and at the end of veg and right before the stretch really starts ill be making a small time lapse of the grow.

20220311_163701.jpg
20220311_163654.jpg
20220311_163650.jpg
20220311_163636.jpg
20220311_163632.jpg

Alright guys here we are for another weekly update kinda its been a little over a week but whos counting am i right? Things have been going well in terms of growth and all that stuff but i realized my pots have been way too dry because ive been scared im going to over water them so what i did was stick the whole 3 gal fabric pot in a bucket of water for not too long to make sure they are all soaked and now that i know the full saturated weight i will be trying to maintain it so that they arent under watered either. As far as i know all but my Strawberry Nuggets has started showing sex and im seeing bracts slowly come in with the stigmas coming out very very tiny on the other three. Ive been training this SODK left and right having to make adjustments every single day as it grows out my training constantly so thats been a fun one to say the least. As for the Double grape ive been LST as well and its been a fun learning experience trying to get all of this figured out and which and what ways to bend everything but its growing great to say the least as well. Jammy dodgers actually had the most signs of showing sex actually which im not sure is good or concerning seeing how its only at most 15 days from tap root coming out of seed but its been growing fast and caught up compared to the rest so im not surprised its started just hoping its not because of stress early flowering. As for the Strawberry nuggets it seemed to have sulfur deficiency a little bit so i added some to the top soil and have been watering it into the soil over the last day and a half and its seemed to bring proper color back to the newer growth coming out and things are getting back together for it, its still a very very very small plant compared to the nest so im hoping for a good stretch come flowering so it can get some height to it otherwise ill have no choice but to defoliate because with how stout and bushy its getting already it will be a pain for air flow getting where it needs.

20220315_113635.jpg
20220315_113631.jpg
20220315_113640.jpg
20220315_113625.jpg

Just a suggestion maybe someone more experienced can chime in, I wouldn't go dunking the whole pot into water like that. You risk flushing all your nutrients and good microbes in the soil out! That is why when you water from the top you want to water until you start getting 10-20% runoff. That way you are pushing the old salts out to make room for the new ones. Make sense? You also don't need it to be saturated sloshing wet, that is really easy to overwater that way! Are you checking the runoff water for PH and PPM/EC? Getting a PH meter and TDS meter is what really helped me understand this concept. The PH and TDS also came with one of those three way soil meters and using it on the MOIST(I like saying moist) setting also helped me grasp the water frequency because every two days sounds like alot.

You won't have to water for a week anywayz :thumbsup:

Just a suggestion maybe someone more experienced can chime in, I wouldn't go dunking the whole pot into water like that. You risk flushing all your nutrients and good microbes in the soil out! That is why when you water from the top you want to water until you start getting 10-20% runoff. That way you are pushing the old salts out to make room for the new ones. Make sense? You also don't need it to be saturated sloshing wet, that is really easy to overwater that way! Are you checking the runoff water for PH and PPM/EC? Getting a PH meter and TDS meter is what really helped me understand this concept. The PH and TDS also came with one of those three way soil meters and using it on the MOIST(I like saying moist) setting also helped me grasp the water frequency because every two days sounds like alot.
sorry i didnt see this until now, i have taken into mind what you mean, it will still flush my nutes but i use organic not salt based nutes so the plants just take what they need havent seen any deficiency like i did before with salt based. organics really took the guess work out for me. I believe the soin i have has some coco in it so it dries out faster than i am used to as well as being in fabric pots so when i go to water if i feel that they are light and dry and very compacted i know its gone too far so i dip it into a bucket of water until i stop seeing as many bubble come to the surface so i know all if not most of the dry pockets will be filled and what isnt filled the wet soil around it will. I do need to be more careful of that though or ill be applying more dry ammendments later on in life of these ladies.

Quick edit: I also got a water mister to water the plants because i was scared of sloshing the soil around on top when i water because it was showing roots when i did. I didnt realize how much i was actually under watering them until i went to pick one up one day and it was like 10 pounds or less and dry as fuck because it seemed when i was mist watering them it was getting super wet but i wasnt feeling my pot only the top like 3 inches if that were getting the water it needed so thats why i went into panic and was like oh shit my stuff is getting hydrophobic, i was going to bottom water the plant but i figured i only had a short amount of time so instead of bottom water, i bottom dunked haha.

Back